• We're giving away a Cyclingnews water bottle! Find out more here!

Majka

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
19,530
0
0
mrhender said:
That was not what I asked, I asked if it was a indication of doping...
Still waiting for you honest opinion?


<snipped baiting>
I think the answer is obvious. Cheating is cheating. Last time i looked people who were not afraid to cheat in front of cameras definitely cheated off camera and by that I mean doping.
 
BYOP88 said:
He should have gone to a beach for a week's rest. Contador did that and killed the 2008 Giro. I'm actually shocked that more guys don't go to the beach before a big race. :D

I don't get the Kreuziger deal, if he can ride upcoming races why couldn't he ride the Tour? :S
My guess is ASO, or the team thought he might be suspended during the Tour, which would be quite bad.
 
Jul 11, 2013
2,656
0
0
Benotti69 said:
I think the answer is obvious. Cheating is cheating. Last time i looked people who were not afraid to cheat in front of cameras definitely cheated off camera and by that I mean doping.
Obvious to you maybe, but I asked for clarification...

So to summarise
-You think that an impulse grab on a motorbike during a hard race equals doping? I would say there are other more serious implications, hence my questioning of what I find to be a weak argument of doping.. Nothing more, nothing less..
 
BYOP88 said:
He should have gone to a beach for a week's rest. Contador did that and killed the 2008 Giro. I'm actually shocked that more guys don't go to the beach before a big race. :D

I don't get the Kreuziger deal, if he can ride upcoming races why couldn't he ride the Tour? :S
Huh!? It's more that Contador had all luck on earth not to get killed in that Giro. And Sella still told him lessons for live in the mountains unless his massive time loss.
 
May 26, 2010
19,530
0
0
mrhender said:
Obvious to you maybe, but I asked for clarification...

So to summarise
-You think that an impulse grab on a motorbike during a hard race equals doping? I would say there are other more serious implications, hence my questioning of what I find to be a weak argument of doping.. Nothing more, nothing less..
Cheating apologists see it as 'impulsive'. I obviously see a professional breaking a rule and cheating.
 
Dec 18, 2009
396
0
0
Benotti69 said:
Cheating apologists see it as 'impulsive'. I obviously see a professional breaking a rule and cheating.
He does something that stupid in front of TV cameras , what does ge do behind closed doors ?

The winking ? It's Ricco all over.

One month and they'll announce his dodgy blood values.
 
Jul 11, 2013
2,656
0
0
Benotti69 said:
Cheating apologists see it as 'impulsive'. I obviously see a professional breaking a rule and cheating.
Never did i say I applaud this cheating in any way...

The point I was making had nothing to do with the grab beeing cheating or not..

The point was, that I wondered how he could/should be caratherized as a doper for his IMO impulsive "grab" today..
 
Apr 19, 2010
1,499
0
0
Benotti69 said:
Cheating is a line, when you cross it you cannot uncross it. Yes riders are far down on the pecking order in the TdF (blame ASO/UCI), but last time i checked using them to gain advantage is cheating. I aint your neighbour and I dont smoke. You shouldn't post stoned, it affects your posts, obviously.
Come on Benotti, fess up....
Have you ever cheated at anything in your life?
You have some specific views on the subject, so have you crossed the uncrossable line?
 
May 26, 2010
19,530
0
0
andy1234 said:
Come on Benotti, fess up....
Have you ever cheated at anything in your life?
You have some specific views on the subject, so have you crossed the uncrossable line?
me and my shadow........

I started to dope to win the sack race as an 8 year old all the way up to a couple of WCs, GTs, IPs, ToBs and most important of all the Atomic Jock Race..
 
Aug 31, 2012
5,221
0
0
Cheating isn't some rare character flaw, it's something people do when they think they can get away with it. The emotional costs, if there are any at all, are minimal when there is tacit acceptance that this type of cheating is something everyone does if they can, such as with doping in pretty much every sport.
 
Apr 19, 2010
1,499
0
0
Benotti69 said:
me and my shadow........

I started to dope to win the sack race as an 8 year old all the way up to a couple of WCs, GTs, IPs, ToBs and most important of all the Atomic Jock Race..
I am going to assume you do not have a similar palmares as Da Froomedawg, so.....
Apart from this little fib, have you cheated or not?
 
Apr 19, 2010
1,499
0
0
Benotti69 said:
Thread is about Rafal Majka....................
Repeat this a thousand times.
It's about Majka, not your binary view of ethics.
No cheating now, I'll be counting......
 
May 26, 2010
19,530
0
0
andy1234 said:
Repeat this a thousand times.

It's about Majka, not your binary view of ethics.

No cheating now, I'll be trolling......

Fixed free of charge.

eth·ics
ˈeTHiks/
noun
1.
moral principles that govern a person's or group's behavior.

maybe your ethics have 50 shades of grey.

But i expect professional athletes to abide by rules. Nothing binary about that.
 
Apr 19, 2010
1,499
0
0
Benotti69 said:
Fixed free of charge.

eth·ics
ˈeTHiks/
noun
1.
moral principles that govern a person's or group's behavior.

maybe your ethics have 50 shades of grey.

But i expect professional athletes to abide by rules. Nothing binary about that.
Yep nothing binary about.......
Anyone who breaks a rule, will break any rule.

Nothing binary ... At. .... All.....10010100010...
 
Oct 28, 2012
437
0
0
andy1234 said:
Repeat this a thousand times.
It's about Majka, not your binary view of ethics.
No cheating now, I'll be counting......
It's a troll thread, but since we are here:

You forgot to add it's also a no humour zone…

Any display of personality or deviation from a strict puritan code by a cyclist will be a sign clear sign of doping and cheating to the righteous one, and food to preserve his singleminded view of the world.
 
DirtyWorks said:
This was very common when the UCI permitted 5 different names in the team title. Now that they have some name limit (3?? 2??) it absolutely kills an old, reliable method of making a living as a pro. If I recall correctly, there are recent, lowered, limits on how many sponsors can be on the jersey overall too. So, a pro with his/her own commercial backer can't stay in the WT any more.

The new way makes more money for the UCI though. Like everything else they've done, it ensures their status as a minor sport.
Starting the Giro was bad enough, hope no WT team is desperate enough to sign that guy

http://cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/rider.asp?riderid=16813
 
May 26, 2010
19,530
0
0
Posters coming into the clinic expecting to find that cheating can be tolerated as crossing that line is somehow acceptable if done in a certain way by their chosen teams or riders really are pushing cheating is ok, end off.

Cheating is not ok. At least that is what the rule book says. But then the UCI holds and applies those rules in a totally random manner, which probably has more to do with legal tender than owt else.
 
May 26, 2010
19,530
0
0
KubaWinter said:
The fact he is riding on the bike, reminds me of the Armstrong. Just saying, you're hilarious.
Ah Jacob, now don't be getting upset because a fellow country man has been called out. The Clinic does not descriminate on nationality.:D
 
May 20, 2010
94
0
0
Hi,

I'm not upset, but I am just pointing out how hilarious this discussion my get. If you knew me, you'd now that I am the first one against doping ;) Really!
 
Jul 11, 2013
2,656
0
0
Benotti69 said:
Posters coming into the clinic expecting to find that cheating can be tolerated as crossing that line is somehow acceptable if done in a certain way by their chosen teams or riders really are pushing cheating is ok, end off.

Cheating is not ok. At least that is what the rule book says. But then the UCI holds and applies those rules in a totally random manner, which probably has more to do with legal tender than owt else.
Totally agree that cheating is not okay, and fail to see where any post in this thread suggests that, maybe you could quote it? I have no hopes/illusions as to any TDF team beeing utterly clean, but using Majka's moto-bike grab as proof of doping is IMO not nearly enough...

If our objective is to uncover cheating/doping/sceems then our arguments has to based on more than calling out others beeing blind because of fanboyism right?
 
May 26, 2010
19,530
0
0
mrhender said:
Totally agree that cheating is not okay, and fail to see where any post in this thread suggests that, maybe you could quote it? I have no hopes/illusions as to any TDF team beeing utterly clean, but using Majka's moto-bike grab as proof of doping is IMO not nearly enough...

If our objective is to uncover cheating/doping/sceems then our arguments has to based on more that calling out others beeing blind because of fanboyism right?
It is a forum. To expect anything other than discussion, opinion and banter is silly.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS