• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Mallorca Challenge 26th - 30th of january 2022

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So cool to see Girmay win.

Disregarding national and continental championships, how often have African riders taken first and second in a pro race? I presume today isn't a first in that regard but I can't think of a single time it happened.

An excellent quiz question. I remembered a South African 1-2 but did have to look up Impey's PCS to find it

Whether it's happened more recently I don't know.

So cool to see Girmay win.

An excellent quiz question. I remembered a South African 1-2 but did have to look up Impey's PCS to find it

Whether it's happened more recently I don't know.

I'm surprised to see it has happened at all.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Girmay seems to be on his way of becoming northern Africa‘s strongest rider ever.

He‘s still 21 and now won his second European 1.1 race within few months. Really impressive. He obviously is a huge talent.

One has to congratulate Wanty: they did everything right in offering Girmay a three-year contract. I hope he developes as he did until now. A pleasure to have him in the World Tour… :)

Find one mistake!

272312560_4833522456742428_2163464546591592999_n.jpg

TRENDING THREADS