Mallorca Challenge 'one day' Races

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
cineteq said:
Hot start, again, for Valverde. Gesink's looking really good. Henao's ready for the Sky train. Will we get to be treated to RoboHenao in the Giro?
I'd much rather have Henao riding for himself. Oh well. He was looking quite strong when he bridged up to Valverde and Costa.

maltiv said:
Swift is a bit too young to break through already, I thought British riders were supposed to be mediocre until 27-28 before suddenly starting to climb like a rocket :p
Waterloo Sunrise said:
But it's a straightforward fact he's the only sprinter who made it over the climb in the main climbers group, and the climbs tomorrow are also comfortably tough enough to drop people again if anyone, such as Swift's team, choose to make it tough.
That could also be because Rojas did not bother- if he started. I would rate Rojas as a better climber usually as well.

Thomas/ Cav.

May 28, 2012
The gap is still increasing, at km 70 it's 4'33'' and there's still plenty of climbing. The break might have a shot at this.

Jan 11, 2010
Pentacycle said:
The gap is still increasing, at km 70 it's 4'33'' and there's still plenty of climbing. The break might have a shot at this.
If the peloton stays somewhat together they'll still have 50 k to bring it back after the last climb. Expect Sky to TTT this one out (although Wiggo abandoned).

Feb 23, 2012
lot of climbing still left, they won't make it if the gap doesn't get much bigger. Gesink working hard on improving his form, could be a good bet for overall in PN.

Sep 9, 2009
ChallengeMallorca / PM Coll de Soller (2ª): 1 Mattthews (OGE), 2 Thurau (EUC), 2 Mate (COF) dan tiempo a la fuga con 1:35" al peloton

Jan 11, 2010
Netserk said:
Gesink working for Matthew to win?
He's on another team now ;)

But Matthews has raced smartly, they'll get caught but from a select group he'll be one of the fastest, together with Swift and Rojas.

Sep 9, 2009
Movistar Team‏@Movistar_Team

Madrazo fuerza el ritmo junto a Gesink (BLA) a 2 km de coronar el Coll d’Honor, último de hoy. Sólo 40”, 54 km. #ChallengeMallorca

Jan 11, 2010
Gesink on top of the final climb with Madrazo. 25 sec on a group of 4, 1'30 on the peloton.

50 k to go... I smell a bunch sprint. Madrazo will suck wheel for Rojas.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS