• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Mallorca Challenge 'one day' Races

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
BlenJones2 said:
Is Howard gonna be better than Goss? Or is he just beating lower tier sprinters? Certainly seems consistent

Howard is still a little behind Goss but may be passing Kroupis to become the #2 sprinter at OGE. How far he can go will be interesting to watch as he prepared for the track last year with Cam Meyer and this will be his first year dedicated to the road. He did well last week at San Luis behind some very good sprinters with a 3rd and 4th place and seems to be climbing pretty well.

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
expand please.

I've always found it slightly odd that the valiant loser is applauded (admittedly i fall into this as well, often supporting the underdog etc etc).

However racing is about going for and achieving victory not the valiant but doomed effort no matter how great or romantic (or unlikely) that may be.

I don't mean to be rude and I apologise if i have mis-interpreted your post

Having said that; I do like an epic solo breakaway!

williamp78 said:
I've always found it slightly odd that the valiant loser is applauded (admittedly i fall into this as well, often supporting the underdog etc etc).

However racing is about going for and achieving victory not the valiant but doomed effort no matter how great or romantic (or unlikely) that may be.

I don't mean to be rude and I apologise if i have mis-interpreted your post

Having said that; I do like an epic solo breakaway!

Not sure I quite follow your view. This wasn't a weak TV break on a flat stage. Did you even follow the action?

Judging from last year, Henao has a very high base level. I assume he peaked for the Giro but his shape was great all year long. I hope he can improve something this year and break the Sky-way in the mountains: go on attacks and ride more often for wins instead of placings.

TRENDING THREADS