• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Manolo Saiz is coming ....

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 25, 2010
Visit site
JPM London said:
Oh my, that is about the best one ever on here...

Is not so funny as it seems.
Eufemiano Fuentes' daughter has retinoblastoma (cancer in retinal cells) and Manolo Sains has worked with the ONCE (national blind people organization in Spain) so he could have helped in this matter.

fcojavier said:
Is not so funny as it seems.
Eufemiano Fuentes' daughter has retinoblastoma (cancer in retinal cells) and Manolo Sains has worked with the ONCE (national blind people organization in Spain) so he could have helped in this matter.

What a quaint Spanish tradition, helping people with sight problems by exchanging bags of cash for bags of blood in cafés. Maybe there should be some kind of awareness program to share this with the rest of the world.

frenchfry said:
What a quaint Spanish tradition, helping people with sight problems by exchanging bags of cash for bags of blood in cafés. Maybe there should be some kind of awareness program to share this with the rest of the world.
The story is plausible. Not that that was all there was to the Saiz-Fuentes relationship, of course, but that Saiz could have helped with Fuentes' daughter. I'd hate to make fun of it one way or another when we have plenty of legitimate material to mock both Saiz and Fuentes. Even if Saiz was there that particular day to have a chat about ONCE and Fuentes' daughter, that still doesn't change the fact that Liberty worked with Fuentes after Heras requested it.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Just to be clear, I would never make fun of any unfortunate child for any debilitating condition. The reference is to the comical assertion by Saiz to explain his only reason for being there. The real shameful part is that Saiz would use that as his defense. Reminds of someone else who hides behind disease. That's what I find distasteful.

[Edit]
Not to mention, it's really just a play on words. "The blind girl of justice" as depicted isn't blind, she's blindfolded.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Granville57 said:
Just to be clear, I would never make fun of any unfortunate child for any debilitating condition. The reference is to the comical assertion by Saiz to explain his only reason for being there. The real shameful part is that Saiz would use that as his defense. Reminds of someone else who hides behind disease. That's what I find distasteful.

[Edit]
Not to mention, it's really just a play on words. "The blind girl of justice" as depicted isn't blind, she's blindfolded.

sorry Gran57 too late you are going to héll :D

flicker said:
Remember Andy Hampsten's Giro win? Remember Greg in front of the broom wagon at the Tour de Trump, then winning at the Tour de France and that epic World's? Weren't they more special before doping suspicions entered our consciousness? Isn't it unfair to clean riders of the current generation, who might make more income but must endure such doubts from fans? Lance is one of these current heroes, and I even still hope Tyler is as well.

Manolo Saiz/BjaneRis/Spanish Astana riders/.C-pistol. Boy if those were Merikan riders I would bet Greg LeMond would have something to say about that.
Hey what do I care. I do not ride Secialized.

What are you blathering about???:confused: Tyler?????? Lance??????

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
we can only hope that both reveal all the doping they have perpetuated to try and save themselves and speed up the cleaning up of the sport.

Maybe one AC will come up.:rolleyes:

AC? Wasn't that the tennis player? Alberto Costa? Couldn't have been our Aldirto. Aldirto told us he had nothing to do with Fuentes.

:rolleyes:

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
L'arriviste said:
I've got a serious case of déja vu going on here. Bet on a suspended sentence, then anything more than that is a welcome bonus.

AFAIK, a 2 years sentence is automatically suspended according to Spanish law if you have never been convicted before for any other offense.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
we can only hope that both reveal all the doping they have perpetuated to try and save themselves and speed up the cleaning up of the sport.

Maybe one AC will come up.:rolleyes:

Are you still mad at AC for spanking your boy Ricco in the Giro?
WaaWaa.
At least AC has some genuine awesomeness lol.

But maybe you will find solace in the fact that pro cycling IS a lot cleaner now that Ricco is off racing with the charity riders grrrrr.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Polish said:
WaaWaa.

But maybe you will find solace in the fact that pro cycling IS a lot cleaner now that Ricco is off racing with the charity riders grrrrr.

cleaner, I'm not sure, but the average IQ in the peloton must have gone up a few notches since he's gone.
Gotta hand that to LA and AC: definitely among the smarter guys out there.

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
experienced rider talks of Manolo

A: That Saiz needs to be locked up for a long time.

Q: Yeah, but this is, my question is, do you think that we spend a lot of time
hassling the riders but, you’re saying [names] and all these types of people. You
agree that there’s some worth in prosecuting [director sportifs and administrators]?

A: Abso-?***ing-lutely. That will stop systematic doping, on its head. If Saiz goes
away for twenty years there will not be a director in the world would even ?**kin’ go
near it. If he’s getting bent over the barbecue, getting ?**ked every night in jail, I’ll
tell you right now, there wouldn’t be a manager in their right mind that would even
think about it.

http://www.newcyclingpathway.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/21-NOW-FINAL-.pdf

http://bikepure.org/2010/09/‘new-pathways-for-pro-cycling’-conference-melbourne/

This is only one experienced rider's opinion of Manolo. Would other riders be on the same wavelength?

Would any potential sponsor wish to carry Manolo's baggage?

I wonder if Clen was part of his tool box!

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
sniper said:
cleaner, I'm not sure, but the average IQ in the peloton must have gone up a few notches since he's gone.
Gotta hand that to LA and AC: definitely among the smarter guys out there.[/QUOTE]

Sad commentary on the intellectual standards of bike racers.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Polish said:
WaaWaa.

Riccó aint my boy. How shallow the uniballpolisher is if he judges a poster by their name?

Spanking? isnt that you and flickie with your editions of cycling with wonderboy on the cover:D

I believe Riccó will be serving drinks spiked with his favourite chemicals in the near future. Check out the The Modena Times for further details.

As for the peloton being cleaner without Riccó, shows how much of a grip on reality you have. waa waaa

TRENDING THREADS