• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

March 19: Milan - San Remo 2011 298km

Page 42 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Bailey said:
Another Garmin-Cervelo no-show.

Still. They *did* just put out a really pretty documentary, though. They all looked team-like and good in those! Does that count?

hushoff as i expected also ran. a very over hyped rider

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
My prediction:

Filippo Pozzato to be killed by angry tifosi at the Ronde van Vlaanderen.

Best San Remo since a long time, but still kinda disappointed.

I hope the Italians don't win a classic for a long long time. They race like **** except for Scarponi and Nibali. Those 2 were amazing, especially Scarponi.

When you're standing on the top step of the podium of a monument and can't quite believe it's real, and then you hear your national antham, and then you look down and see Cancellara and Gilbert standing below you... holy geez, you've hit the big time. Well done Goss.

(psst Hog, you know there were radios in this race, right?)

Oh jesus christ, Sidi have outdone themselves. Ivan the terrible and the shark cooking. what will they come up with next

Parrulo said:
nibali and scarponi were the best of the day. scarponi for bridging from the second group and nibali for attacking the most in the last k's
+ 10000000000000000000000 (to the power of ) 10000000000000000000000000000

Without doubt riders of the day. And guess what race both of them are riding this year:)

Yes, that race just keeps getting better and better.

auscyclefan94 said:
I have good reason to call him that as a lot of others do as well. you are a vry average poster as well who doesn't mind to chuck in a baseless insult. Your back onto the ignore list then.

please go ahead. the simple fact that you get so annoyed on the internet that you have to use the "ignore list" says a lot, besides that fact that you like to judge other people while not seeing your own faults . . .

anyway good M-SR. the guys on the final group all made up for a great race so they all deserved to be there to discuss the victory

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
BMC did show themselves admirably today. Maybe they kept others too fresh for the final?

I hope that we are finally seeing the end of these "unwritten rules", and race incidents are no longer reasons to stop the aggressive racing. It's cycling, deal with it.

Bad luck will befall all teams at some horrifically awkward moments, and today Rabo's season stopped dead in its tracks. But look at the racing that we all got in return!

It has been brilliant from the moment we got live pictures. More please....

Cobblestoned said:
No Garmin rider up there - not even in Top 15, lol :D
Wonder where Haussler got lost.

Geat work.

My virtual winner for today is Scarponi :) Still got 6th after his huge effort.

I don't think Haussler was too far back (maybe 5s behind Goss) over the top of Poggio, but enough to make it difficult once they pushed the pace on the descent.

Jamsque said:
HTC did not repeat their mistake of only taking one leader to MSR and they have reaped the reward. Goss could have a great chance at the Worlds this year.

To be fair though, even before today people had mentioned that Goss could be a very effective second bullet. He was always a much better 2nd leader option than Cavendish.

Last year would have been too soon - if it weren't Greipel (who probably wouldn't have made it over the climb even if he hadn't killed himself chasing the break down) who could have been that secondary leader, who could be considered a genuine option to win the race?

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
+ 10000000000000000000000 (to the power of ) 10000000000000000000000000000

Without doubt riders of the day. And guess what race both of them are riding this year:)

Yes, that race just keeps getting better and better.

it is nothing new for guys like that to have a go -and fail- at msr.
Pretty sure nibali tried attacking last year too.

A

Anonymous

maltiv said:
Kinda weird that they didn't manage to get anyone else than EBH in the 1st group. Didn't see that many of them being caught up in the crash, and shouldn't they've been close to EBH when things split up?

a joke frankly. If you are the teams protected rider you should not be alone at any point in the race, certainly not left by your entire team.

As has happened before they simply werent paying attention and then took too long to react. Worst sky performance that I can remember.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Tuarts said:
Oh yes because the masses wathc Eurosport.

Apart from SBS, I don't this will get much coverage here. :(

I don't think that many countries overseas get cycling on free-to-air television either.
You pay for cable TV, you get benefits like live cycling. This is global I'd say.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
To be fair though, even before today people had mentioned that Goss could be a very effective second bullet. He was always a much better 2nd leader option than Cavendish.

Last year would have been too soon - if it weren't Greipel (who probably wouldn't have made it over the climb even if he hadn't killed himself chasing the break down) who could have been that secondary leader, who could be considered a genuine option to win the race?

I'm not saying Greipel would have won last year, but he at least would have given HTC a second card to play.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
parrulo, i can see my own faults and acknowledge them. you are a hypocrite and i have had enough of your posts for a while. i can put on ignore whoever I like.

your last post indicated you had him on ignore, and yet you reply to him. nice bluff :D

maybe time to move on from the childish posts guys ;)