• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Marion Jones interview on BBC tomorow.

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Glenn_Wilson said:
Michael Johnsons gold shoes said it all. He knew that all that “preparation” was going to “give” him gold. His comments on the television broadcast concerning Bolt was good for a laugh. Maybe as much of a laugh as when Carl Lewis made mention after Ben Johnson had just dusted him----------“ I ran as fast as any normal human could”. Come to find out Carl Lewis had been busted by the USOC for doping but it was all quiet during those days. I guess we need to show them Russians who the sporting boss was.

At a race, a number of years back, I struck up a conversation with an ex-phys that worked for Carl's university. He was laughing his *** off about how cycling keeps trying to look clean, and we all know how it really is. His contention was that there is too much image management in play, and that everyone should just shut the f*ck up. That's the track and field approach apparently...

He was also laughing about how Carl would come into his lab and complain that his 'metabolism felt a little slow'. He'd get his HGH, and be on his way. I do believe that he's the only person in history that grew over an inch in height after the age of 22. And he's got the hyper maglia to prove it...

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
JMBeaushrimp said:
At a race, a number of years back, I struck up a conversation with an ex-phys that worked for Carl's university. He was laughing his *** off about how cycling keeps trying to look clean, and we all know how it really is. His contention was that there is too much image management in play, and that everyone should just shut the f*ck up. That's the track and field approach apparently...

He was also laughing about how Carl would come into his lab and complain that his 'metabolism felt a little slow'. He'd get his HGH, and be on his way. I do believe that he's the only person in history that grew over an inch in height after the age of 22. And he's got the hyper maglia to prove it...

Laughing at the bold!
Were you talking with someone from the University of Houston? I think I may know the person you had your conversation with. ;)

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
sadly the InsideSport interview was ultimately a sad view of an ongoing excuser of herself and the ways of achieving what we cannot. MJ is a lost soul and really has nothing to say im afraid.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
My interest in Johnson and Lewis' was more to do with having not heard too much from them before on the subject and often it is the people who were around but not involved (with the specific case) who have the more interesting and believable perspective for me. Sometimes bitter, sometimes also lies but I was imagining that their views would hold more sway with me than Jones', that's all.
I agree that Johnson, and Lewis (that six pack and guns on a girl....), are suspicious, and I agree that his reaction to Bolt was ridiculous (the stunned silence said more to me), but it's sad, and quite hard, to think about athletes who I grew up watching and idolising in that way. Not that I haven't come round to that in other cases.

TRENDING THREADS