• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Mark Cavendish Discussion Thread

Page 49 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
ebandit said:
cav's record speaks for itself wherever one is viewing from

personally i don't think that he is the 'greatest sprinter ever' yet but he is heading there.............a couple more classic race wins would see that achievement

hey..............'greatest sprinter of the current / recent generation' sounds
pretty good

Mark L

I think you are spot on, he is one of the best of all time, not far of being the best but it's hard to compare different eras with technology etc.

The fact so many like to take digs at him on says it all.

cineteq said:
Hard to congratulate a rider when he has no competition :eek:

100 wins is 100 wins. And it is not his problem that competition is not fast enough.

The guy is fastests and that is fact. I am sure that each win against him on mass sprint is well remembered by those lucky ones.

I do not like him but I do respect when somebody is "outstanding"

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
cineteq said:
Except he's barely winning against non sprinters...

You are so transparent it is hilarious.

This stage was never going to be a pure bunch sprint. For Cav to be up there is somewhat unexpected, let alone winning the thing.

May 17, 2013
Visit site
will10 said:
You are so transparent it is hilarious.

This stage was never going to be a pure bunch sprint. For Cav to be up there is somewhat unexpected, let alone winning the thing.

I was amazed to see him up there at the end tbh. It was such a long day today and with no real leadout I half expected his legs to seize up in the final run in.

He'll be suffering for sure tomorrow.

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
spalco said:
He should definitely try to get over the mountains and win the points jersey now imo. If 5 stage wins is not enough to do that, so be it.

I agree. But he may literally not have it in him given how much he put into it and how tought some of the remaining stages are. Hope he goes for it though.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Great win for Cav today. Was a surprise seeing he won, I did not expect him to be up there this stage. Hope he rides the rest of the Giro and takes red since he just missed out on winning it last year. I think there is a very good chance he is planning on trying to do this.

TRENDING THREADS