• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Mark Cavendish Discussion Thread

Page 95 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
700-CORVOS_00029810-250.jpg
http://www.steephill.tv/2018/tour-de-france/photos/stage-11/

Re: Re:

Screecher said:
AQETUYIOI said:
Hard to say. It could have been just exhaustion. It did LOOK intentional though.

I'd say it is intentional.
Mark is a wise and beautiful woman sometimes with little respect for those beneath him, that is my picture of him.

The cameraman wanted a photo and I bet that pissed Mark off, coming in tired and late, and he chose to tackle him. Some people may say that he was tired and didn't want people taking pictures but that is not something you can chose in the TdF. It is not like he crashed or was injured, that would have been one thing. He was just tired.

Walkman said:
Screecher said:
AQETUYIOI said:
Hard to say. It could have been just exhaustion. It did LOOK intentional though.

I'd say it is intentional.
Mark is a **** sometimes with little respect for those beneath him, that is my picture of him.

The cameraman wanted a photo and I bet that pissed Mark off, coming in tired and late, and he chose to tackle him. Some people may say that he was tired and didn't want people taking pictures but that is not something you can chose in the TdF. It is not like he crashed or was injured, that would have been one thing. He was just tired.

Any news on whether the cameraman survived the attack?

Re:

Red Rick said:
Doesn't look good.

Vuelta should have a easy field but I don't know which sprinter Quick Step is bringing. Could also be torture if he's not good enough to win there.

Actually the Vuelta will have a surprisingly strong sprint field - Viviani,Bennett,Ewan, Sagan and there is a chance that riders who dnf'ed today may start - I suspect Cavendish's career is close to being finished - he never recovered from his immense work-load in the 2106 season.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

Pricey_sky said:
hazaran said:
He's not injured, he's just bad, not sure you can get a sick note for that.

‘Recovering from injuries’ is different to being injured. It was plain to see he was still recovering from all the crashes. Hopefully he can have a decent winter and get back in to shape at the start of next season.

No, he's just bad. Those injuries have healed up a long time ago.

He's just someone who needs a lot of race days to get going nowadays and because of his injuries he has had too few race days to be competitive, but that doesn't mean he's still injured.

Things aren't looking well for his career prospective. What insane sponsor wants to pay millions of GBP for someone who only won two races in the last two years?

El Pistolero said:
Pricey_sky said:
hazaran said:
He's not injured, he's just bad, not sure you can get a sick note for that.

‘Recovering from injuries’ is different to being injured. It was plain to see he was still recovering from all the crashes. Hopefully he can have a decent winter and get back in to shape at the start of next season.

No, he's just bad. Those injuries have healed up a long time ago.

He's just someone who needs a lot of race days to get going nowadays and because of his injuries he has had too few race days to be competitive, but that doesn't mean he's still injured.

Things aren't looking well for his career prospective. What insane sponsor wants to pay millions of GBP for someone who only won two races in the last two years?

Yes I agree, but the point remains he is still recovering and he sadly won’t be anywhere near top shape this year.

I doubt he needs the money and if he really wants one more shot at some stage wins next year then he must be willing to take a vastly reduced salary. The motivation is still there, now he just needs a stress free build up to see if the legs are still good enough.

Aug 18, 2017
Visit site
Re:

jarvo said:
Do you think there is any lingering effects or recurrence of the Epstein Barr virus he had last year? He has never really been back to 'normal' form since then from memory
Mark Cavendish (33) again suffers from Epstein Barr disease
last item in this from Het Laatste Nieuws
http://www.hln.be/sport/wielrennen/koers-kort-broers-izagirre-trekken-naar-astana-aqua-blue-sport-gooit-handdoek-wat-met-van-aert-cavendish-heeft-opnieuw-ziekte-van-epstein-barr~a1ac9938/