• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Mark Cavendish Discussion Thread

Page 139 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Noncommittal about going for the sprint tomorrow, but at least he'll be guaranteed a shot at Paris now having got through the mountains. Great effort by him and the whole team.

No way they can’t go for it after this. The team has been posting updates on him like crazy and his podium ceremonies. Plus imagine if he has a crash or mechanical in Paris.

View: https://www.facebook.com/100044163592999/posts/370684234413693/?d=n

Reactions: jmdirt
Reactions: Bolder
If the mechanic messed up, have him fix it, and then if needed have a 'hard' discussion out of the public eye.

IMO, pre stage this is a crap reaction by Cav. If he was at the pointy end of the race and the headset (or cable or bars or...) was crap and cost him the race or the chance at the race, that type of reaction is more understandable (not the way I would handle it but...).

EDIT: Obviously there are things that we don't know: maybe Cav and that guy have had issues, but still, take it on the bus.

Lequack posted a slightly longer clip here:

That's not a good look. Humble Cav didn't survive many victories. Oh well, I rather take angry Cav than loser Cav.
Ha, yeah, there was a sweet spot just after he won the first sprint. Confident, maybe even brash, but also generous in his praise and genuinely happy to win again.

He's been heating up more and more the more he's been winning. The fuse just blew, I guess. A good spanking by Ewen might have been a good thing...

• Wow
Reactions: SHAD0W93
On where he breaks the record, if he breaks it, I could care less where it happened. As long as he is winning though I like 6 or 7 more than 5. As much as I want and will be rooting for him to win another stage and green Sunday, I think Quickstep and his luck will finally run out. They’re going for the big story and that might just bite them in the butt.

Imagine this for a moment...

you have been riding day after day for 3 weeks, in intense heat, in rain, with aches and pains. Your whole body just wants to stop. You can see the end in sight, but you still have 3 more days to go. Your whole team is looking to you for success. You are exhausted from the stress of yesterday and the day before getting over mountains. You've got 2 more chances if everything goes right, and you need everyone to do their job.

But your mechanic has not done his job and has given you your bike with the headset not functioning.

It isn't the first day of the tour when you are fresh and rested...

Reactions: jmdirt and SHAD0W93

you have been riding day after day for 3 weeks, in intense heat, in rain, with aches and pains. Your whole body just wants to stop. You can see the end in sight, but you still have 3 more days to go. Your whole team is looking to you for success. You are exhausted from the stress of yesterday and the day before getting over mountains. You've got 2 more chances if everything goes right, and you need everyone to do their job.

But your mechanic has not done his job and has given you your bike with the headset not functioning.

I'd like to see a video where the mechanic talk *** to the rider when they miss a split, fall, or just get dropped.
Why would they lose or make a mistake ? the bike was properly prepared.
L.A. won Luz with a broken bike, what is the Cav afraid of ?

With excuses like that you can beat your child when you come home exhausted from job or sport because he annoys you.
No, you can't, under no circumstances you can allow yourself to be unrespectfull to that extent. One can expect that behaviour from a child, not an adult in work environnement.
And that's why they had to make an apology, because they know full well that it's not acceptable.

Cavendish already kind of apologized, but you are still making excuses.

Lol.

You think mechanics don't work hard? .. They get up hours before the riders, double job during the race and are working on the bikes late into the night long after the riders are gone to bed.

Reactions: Lui98

TRENDING THREADS