• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Mark Cavendish Discussion Thread

Page 147 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The story on the front page makes it sound like its a done deal for 2022...
All but the signature on the line according to Lefevere.

“'Mark wanted an extension to his fairy tale and I didn't want to take that away from him' says Lefevere”

Reactions: jmdirt
It was Lefevere who was getting annoyed because it was taking so long. He was going to Ghent to meet Cavendish and basically shove a contract under his nose. But then he crashed (Cavendish).
Yeah but at least according to reports it was more Lefevere was ready and willing to sign Cavendish the rider and not the after riding part. Then they finally got it ironed out and the crash. So I’m saying now, maybe he doesn’t want it to be finalized in case Cavendish’s injury is severe.

• Sad
Reactions: noob

“It was reported that police believe this was a targeted forced entry.
“This was undoubtedly a targeted incident at the home of a celebrated British Olympian, who at the time was recovering from significant injuries resulting from a crash whilst competing, which was well-publicized,” said the senior investigating officer on the case detective inspector Tony Atkin. “Mr. Cavendish and his wife were assaulted and threatened in their own home, in the presence of their young children, who witnessed these events. Thankfully, they are recovering, but the traumatic effect will be long-standing.”“

I think it pushes more how it stinks professionals and celebrities life is in the news so when stuff like this happens, they can be taken advantage of.

“It was reported that police believe this was a targeted forced entry.
“This was undoubtedly a targeted incident at the home of a celebrated British Olympian, who at the time was recovering from significant injuries resulting from a crash whilst competing, which was well-publicized,” said the senior investigating officer on the case detective inspector Tony Atkin. “Mr. Cavendish and his wife were assaulted and threatened in their own home, in the presence of their young children, who witnessed these events. Thankfully, they are recovering, but the traumatic effect will be long-standing.”“

I think it pushes more how it stinks professionals and celebrities life is in the news so when stuff like this happens, they can be taken advantage of.

Man has been charged: https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/man-charged-over-violent-robbery-at-mark-cavendishs-family-home/

Last edited:
Reactions: SHAD0W93 and jmdirt
Cav for the win! Its good to see that he wintered well!
guy still has some snap..I think most of the current best have track experience,but there is no such thing as Cavendish being boxed in,he can bump w the best..saw that he is nearing the top of overall win leader..I wish him luck..
Hope he achieves all he wants this year..if attitude counts this year Mark is coming in positive..

Reactions: jmdirt and SHAD0W93
It's a rough spot for Cav. DQS really seems to want to go for Jakobsen I think.
As they should honestly. Sure Cav winning one stage will generate more media but I think the risk is too high in that he is most likely to win during the first week as las year he was fading. I think the only way they bring him is if he is riding better than Jakobsen and performs better against the other top sprinters or knock on wood. I think it’d be good to return to the Giro and maybe the Vuelta.

As they should honestly. Sure Cav winning one stage will generate more media but I think the risk is too high in that he is most likely to win during the first week as las year he was fading. I think the only way they bring him is if he is riding better than Jakobsen and performs better against the other top sprinters or knock on wood. I think it’d be good to return to the Giro and maybe the Vuelta.
Thing is I doubt they'll even bring Cavendish to the other GTs. The Giro is before the Tour, and the Vuelta is supposed to be for Evenepoel.