• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Mark Cavendish Discussion Thread

Page 160 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Reactions: SHAD0W93
If you're a late-comer to the team, you get to have your team portrait taken outside, in front of some plants, rather than just in front of a boring grey background.

mark-cavendish-2024.jpeg

Does this mean he will race the first X number of stages and then drop out so as not to burn himself out before the tour?
I would hope so if true. I, and I’m sure most, don’t think he can get through the full Giro and show up at the Tour and win like he did previously. But it could be good to help get the sprint train dialed up in a GT environment.

Edit: though looking at the profile he could potentially compete in stages 2, 3, 5, 6, 10, 11, 12, 14, 17, and 21 depending on how those are raced. At the Tour I think his best chance to win is in the first week when he’s freshest, but so is everyone else. I’d still like it and think it’d be nice if he finished the GTs with 35, 20, and 10 wins. Nice round numbers.

Last edited:
It's a good decision for Cavendish to ride the Giro - He's a definite chance to win a stage and therefore build his confidence for the TDF.
On another interview this is what Vino said. Race before withdrawing at end of first year r second week with some stage wins and confidence for Cav and the whole team. I just hope he doesn’t get tired out but the whole team sounds committed for the record.

Reactions: jmdirt
Different jersey, same broken record..
I'm a little sick..I will come around..
Do Cav and Froome have the same publicist? Some things have changed since Cavendish T-Mobile days..not only have a fist full of true sprinters have come on the scene that have better wind blocking support, better, longer top speed.. That was bound to happen though evolution.
Also Wout and now Pogocar are providing to be cycling Swiss Army knives and are taking away additional obvious sprinter likely victories. Sagan has shown a wheel or 2 and he also is headed for the old folks home, but is a crafty racer that could play as another Cav spoiler. The excuse songbook is long and tired and I hope he can get more time on the podium than in a constant state of press conference .

• Wow
Reactions: jmdirt
Different jersey, same broken record..
I'm a little sick..I will come around..
Do Cav and Froome have the same publicist? Some things have changed since Cavendish T-Mobile days..not only have a fist full of true sprinters have come on the scene that have better wind blocking support, better, longer top speed.. That was bound to happen though evolution.
Also Wout and now Pogocar are providing to be cycling Swiss Army knives and are taking away additional obvious sprinter likely victories. Sagan has shown a wheel or 2 and he also is headed for the old folks home, but is a crafty racer that could play as another Cav spoiler. The excuse songbook is long and tired and I hope he can get more time on the podium than in a constant state of press conference .
Last jersey he was in...didn't he win a stage in the Tour and tie Merckx's win record? Seems pretty good for the minor investment. It's early March.

Comparing this to the non-stop nonsense spewing from Froome, his seemingly very large contract, and Froome's utter lack of results makes no sense to me. Give him say...3 years of spewing nonsense before we compare him to the master.

Reactions: jmdirt and SHAD0W93

TRENDING THREADS