• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Mark Cavendish excuses for 2016

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

42x16ss said:
blackcat said:
bassano said:
even champs elysee is much easier to win because of lower competition and fact that sprinter always won (ok, in 95%)

Vino won in around 2005, beating Cancellara, Mcgee, he had to grab about 4 seconds off Leipheimer on Gerolsteiner. was a phenomenal stage.
That was an impressive ride, because Brad McGee was on a mission to win that stage. He attacked at least 5 or 6 times dropping Cancellara and others and Vino still somehow held on.

It's one of my favourite Tour stages, McGee really did go crazy that day but say what you want about Vino, when he wanted something bad enough he couldn't be denied

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

Angliru said:
Has to be one of the greatest stages I've seen in the last 15 years. Vino was quite determined and the entire Gerolsteiner team could do nothing to stop him. It is so, so rare that anyone other than a sprinter wins on Champs Elysee. The thing is Vino had just earlier stolen seconds from Leipheimer just prior to actually winning the stage.

shows tho, if Sagan and Boonen (if he was ever to ride the Tour again), and a ride like Kristov and Martin, if they just went bang bang bang we will smash you, all the lesser class riders, the domestiques, they have no chance about closing gaps...

The TdF should really do something like put 500k euro on the finish line, and make it a race on this final stage. You will see the class manage to show their class above the field.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

StryderHells said:
blackcat said:
sheit, i did not realise he was off to MTN-Qhubeka or Dimension Data next year for 2016.

I dont think he will get enough help to win many races. He should have taken no money, and stayed at Quickstep, and proven himself worthy of support for the TdF.

damn, I just realised this now.
He will get more support at Dimension Data next season than he would of gotten if he stayed with Etixx, he will have Renshaw, Eisel, Boasson Hagen and possibly Farrar in his train. Also I don't think it was money that caused him to leave Etixx, Lefevere didn't want him anymore as Cav requires x amount of riders for his train in the big races which curtails Etixx chances to do what they do best in GT's and stage hunt. You'd expect Dimension will get invited to basically any race they want to compete in so Cavendish will win his share of races next season.
cav will get even more support next year, maybe another leadout final man like McClay the new Brit, Cav still got an Indian summer left in him

#theRaj