• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Mark Fabiani broken record Mark Fabiani broken record Mark Fabiani broken record

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Race Radio said:
What other charity has a jet powered by hope and awareness?

dpj0qx.jpg

I am hoping to get Ireland out of our own financial predicament by setting up a bank based on hope and awareness. Or maybe Lance has patented hope and awareness......on my bike I will have a Euro sign, This is how much Ireland was worth three years ago, and this is how much it is worth now. Hope and awareness - so simple - but a money making machine. Cancel the IMF, we have hope and awareness. How do you like them apples EU?

Berzin said:
I just finished reading the link you provided.

The arrogance is outlandish, unless he feels safe in the fact that he will come out smelling like roses at the end of all this.

Maybe he knows something we don't. How else to explain his attitude?

He feels scared and cornered. The reference to business class and note 4 star hotel not 5 was to say; "I own a jet and stay 5 star all the way - what about you Jeff?". He trying to big himself up. He really doesn't know what to say. Armstrong has finally met his match.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Berzin said:

The arrogance is outlandish, unless he feels safe in the fact that he will come out smelling like roses at the end of all this.

when you are surrounded by fawning acolytes, you begin to believe everything they tell you and feel invincible.

i dont know if you saw this, but very revealing;

http://cozybeehive.blogspot.com/2010/07/f-one-thirty-six-seconds.html

“It’s a game,” he continued. “We have to be careful not to show him(LA) everything, or he’d be like a kid at Christmastime, and we’d be left with nothing. So we unveil things slowly, and we always keep an ace in the hole, something really cool we’ll give him right before the Tour. It’s kind of strange, but it seems to work.”

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Fabiani lines in 8-10 months:

"Do you realize how much it costs to house Lance in a federal prison? This is a giant waste of taxpayer's money."

"It is much more difficult to cure cancer from a jail cell, but Lance beat cancer and then won the Tour a bunch of times, so......"

"Why should taxpayers have to feed Lance in jail? He has plenty of money and could feed himself at home and stop this further waste of taxpayer money!"

Honestly, I doubt he will see the inside of a jail cell due to all of his "charity work," but you never know.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Berzin said:
. How else to explain his attitude?

Pre-Paid Appearance fees. Need to get as much cash in the bank now as the future looks expensive, Legal fees, PR, bail......at least livestrong will not have that big jet fuel bill next year.

Race Radio said:
Pre-Paid Appearance fees. Need to get as much cash in the bank now as the future looks expensive, Legal fees, PR, bail......at least livestrong will not have that big jet fuel bill next year.

RR I think you're wrong about the jet fuel bill. Clearly that jet runs on hope. Jeez like, cut Lance some slack. :rolleyes:

_Zipp0_ said:
Fabiani lines in 8-10 months:

"Do you realize how much it costs to house Lance in a federal prison? This is a giant waste of taxpayer's money."

"It is much more difficult to cure cancer from a jail cell, but Lance beat cancer and then won the Tour a bunch of times, so......"

"Why should taxpayers have to feed Lance in jail? He has plenty of money and could feed himself at home and stop this further waste of taxpayer money!"

Honestly, I doubt he will see the inside of a jail cell due to all of his "charity work," but you never know.

Interesting how all of these sound like excerpts from the perfect concession speech.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
He feels scared and cornered. The reference to business class and note 4 star hotel not 5 was to say; "I own a jet and stay 5 star all the way - what about you Jeff?". He trying to big himself up. He really doesn't know what to say. Armstrong has finally met his match.

'Lance feels scared and cornered"
"Amrstrong has met his match"

LOL you crack me up:)

But face it - Lance is a Rock Star.
Riders like Cipo, Lance, Marco, Boonen, and very few select others have ever attained the rank of cycling Rock Stars.

It is expected that they fly in private jets and stay in 5 star hotels. Duh.

But Federal Employees are NOT Rock Stars.
They should travel coach and stay in reasonable hotels.

No reason for the European BoonDoggle Trip. What a waste.
Should have held the meeting on GoToMeeting.com fcol.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Polish said:
But face it - Lance is a Rock Star.

yep he sure is. doing cocaine with hookers in lapdancing clubs:D

then there is all the dope he does! all the blondes! oh yeah and that rock star attitude that he can do no wrong and the whole world loves him and he is bigger and better than everyone and anyone.

Rock star to the bone.

just needs to get a rock star name to match, something like Axl, Slash, Iggy, Bono or even Rotten:D

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Pretty sure the FBI and federal attorneys are rockstars. How many tv shows and movies are there about them?

I see no problem with giving feds and other figures the same treatment as business travelers. What do you want to put a bunch of anglos in a run-down french hotel and have them fend for themselves?

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
washedup said:
Pretty sure the FBI and federal attorneys are rockstars. How many tv shows and movies are there about them?

I see no problem with giving feds and other figures the same treatment as business travelers. What do you want to put a bunch of anglos in a run-down french hotel and have them fend for themselves?

Well, Special Agent Novitzsky might want to take a few pointers on frugality from Special Agent Dale Cooper....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1y3ZznKJwM

May 19, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:

Saying this (while at the same time using "this is a waste of taxpayers money"- defense) is almost as outlandish as what he said and did towards Simeoni and Bassons. Does he really think that the judicial system works like the peleton?

Berzin said:

give the guy a break, he has a high school education comes from a single parent broken home had brain cancer and has spent most of his adult life on mood and physiology altering substances while hanging out with blonds.

not the brightest tool in the shed, but a tool nonetheless.

Berzin said:

It hasn’t started. Fababi is only getting warmed up. The real media assault will occur once Armstrong is indicted. Which would suggest the Nov and the boys will probably indict Levi, Hincapie etc. first before chasing Armstrong down. Armstrong will hit them with the biggest “I do some much for charity” media campaign that the weight of political pressure could become too much. Its my own opinion but I think Nov and Miller will take the small fry down first and let them see if Armstrong attempts to save them or keeps running with the “never tested positive” and the “I’m just another rider – not my team, I can’t be responsible for the others” and thus sinking his friends to save himself. Which will only lead to them sinking him – with evidence.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
TubularBills said:
give the guy a break, he has a high school education comes from a single parent broken home had brain cancer and has spent most of his adult life on mood and physiology altering substances while hanging out with blonds.

A fantastic synopsis. I kind of feel sorry for him now. :p

TubularBills said:

Yes but he cured cancer.

Berzin said:
I ran into an magazine in Barnes and Noble that had Armstrong on the cover.

The focus was on his foundation, and it went on and on about how this investigation threatens to affect one of the most innovative charitable foundations out there.

I'm scratching my head going, "WTF is so innovative about his charity?"

Armstrong also spoke about the investigation and seemed about as defiant as I've ever heard him.

To him, this is all about fighting his opponents and people who've doubted him, people who dare have the audacity to think he's a cheater.

He also said something along the lines of looking forward to this battle to clear his name and defeat his doubters once and for all.

It's all about fighting with him, and working harder than anyone else to prove he's innocent.

I'll try and see if I can get the name of the magazine by this afternoon. And I'm going to re-read it just to make sure I got the details correct.

I need to quote myself here (pardon the hubris) but it seems as though one of our fellow forum members posted the magazine and a link to the article-

919wzc.jpg

Here are the quotes that I was speaking of-

"Armstrong is not only "the most famous cancer survivor in the world," in the words of John Seffrin, CEO of the American Cancer Society. He is also the inspirational figure behind the most entrepreneurial foundation in cancer, a critically important health-care movement that helped win $3 billion in new funds for cancer research and prevention in Texas alone.

Here's another doozy-

While its $50.4 million in annual revenue is less than what the 97-year-old American Cancer Society raises in a month, Livestrong has been a catalyst for better cancer care and education across the globe. "It's a force to be reckoned with," says Leslie Lenkowsky, a professor at Indiana University's Center on Philanthropy. Livestrong's help line, guidebooks, and website helped more than 400,000 people last year. Its social-media efforts reach about 3 million supporters. It has pioneered programs here and abroad for survivors; worked to unify the fractured cancer community; and instigated a worldwide crusade, which includes the United Nations and the Clinton Global Initiative, to make the world's No. 1 killer a health-care priority. "I can't think of an organization with the breadth of activity that the foundation has," says Dr. Larry Shulman, chief medical officer at the renowned Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in Boston, "and that includes the American Cancer Society."

Here is a little gem from Fabiani-

"What remains a complete mystery is why the government would devote a penny of the taxpayer's money to help Floyd Landis further his vile, cheating ambitions. And all aimed directly at Lance Armstrong, a man who earned every victory and passed every test while working for cancer survivors all over the world."

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Berzin said:
I need to quote myself here (pardon the hubris) but it seems as though one of our fellow forum members posted the magazine and a link to the article-

Here's another doozy-

.............. Its social-media efforts reach about 3 million .....................

does that include all the trolling posters like flicky, polish, bpc etc do on here:D

TRENDING THREADS