• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Mark Padun- Made it Ma, Top of the world

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I don't wanna say it out too loud but all signs point to him having a great season and Vaughters being right about him.

I hope Padun continues having success at EF. Would be glad for Vaughters and Padun.

Probably the duo EF-Padun fits really well. A special team and a special rider. To my surprise, I noticed that not everyone in cycling is glad to see Padun performing at a world class level. I actually cannot really understand this, and don‘t know what some people have against him.

The guy clearly has a big engine, and it will be exciting to see what he can achieve in the future. I‘m also sure his critics will be a bit silenced if Padun continues to show constant, classy, highest-class performances… :)

Reactions: Sandisfan
To my surprise, I noticed that not everyone in cycling is glad to see Padun performing at a world class level.

there's a reason for that. his appearance out of nowhere to demolish the field in two straight mountain stages in the dauphine. that and the fact he was on bahrain that was also suddenly having results beyond what anyone thought possible.

i admit. i was one of those doubters.

i listened to vaughters' interview about him and was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. so i am pleased that he is able to show a high level when on EF as opposed to Bahrain.

there's a reason for that. his appearance out of nowhere to demolish the field in two straight mountain stages in the dauphine. that and the fact he was on bahrain that was also suddenly having results beyond what anyone thought possible.

You missed out Bahrain then coming to police attention and world beater Padun being dropped by Bahrain and going to a team with a smaller budget.

This has got to be frustrating if you are a Mark Padun fan.
113th out of 148 in the Dauphine Time trial.
Poor Chris Froome is getting killed on these forums for finishing 64th and 1min36secs earlier than the Ukrainian.
What's up with this guy? Earlier this season he WON a TT, against admittedly weaker opponents, but still at the pro level where riders are really good.
Is there a Mark Padun conundrum? Is he a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma?
What is the answer?

Poor Chris Froome is getting killed on these forums for finishing 64th and 1min36secs earlier than the Ukrainian.
What's up with this guy? Earlier this season he WON a TT, against admittedly weaker opponents, but still at the pro level where riders are really good.
Is there a Mark Padun conundrum? Is he a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma?
What is the answer?
Do you think the war could be taking an emotional toll on him—enough to affect his training/racing?

Do you think the war could be taking an emotional toll on him—enough to affect his training/racing?
Of course it takes a toll.
Athletes are human beings. Sometimes they underperform when hey have relationship issues or family matters, even if they don't talk about it. Imagine having your kins risking their lives in a war.

Besides, Padun has always been a very inconsistent rider to begin with.

What is the answer?
Out of 120 race days in the last 3 years, he was up there maybe in 10 of them. He just seems to be a rider that goes to sleep for half a year and then suddenly awakens for 1 or 2 stages. What is the reason for that I can't tell but nobody should find this surprising at this point.

Out of 120 race days in the last 3 years, he was up there maybe in 10 of them. He just seems to be a rider that goes to sleep for half a year and then suddenly awakens for 1 or 2 stages. What is the reason for that I can't tell but nobody should find this surprising at this point.
He does enough to get a contract extension but as he gets older he might find that team management are not known for never ending patience..........

• Wow
He does enough to get a contract extension but as he gets older he might find that team management are not known for never ending patience..........
More than most sports to do well consistently you need to eat breathe and sleep professional sport. Its a bit like Wiggins where once he had scaled the peaks and won the Tour he didn't find the motivation to live the lifestyle that would keep him at Grand Tour contending weight.

Reactions: movingtarget

TRENDING THREADS