• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Mauro Santambrogio Discussion Thread

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Sinkewitz was the only one who could follow him in GP Artigianato (?) shortly prior to the Giro... And maybe would´ve beaten him, without his crash due to a mechanial.

So I hope Sinkewitz returns to Vini as soon as possible, and that they can race together. Would make a strong duo in one day races as well as in stage races.

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
BTW: This clinic hints are useless, in my opinion. CN did well to create this sub forum of Pro Road Racing doping free.
What sense does it make to pick out one rider, and forget about the rest?

I congratulate Santambrogio for his performances, also today, and I don´t care at all what medicine he gets.

C'mon, we all expected him to run this year full gas from January til October. A natural GT rider, everybody knew that. Which is why this thread already was opened... well, today. After 10 years as a pro hiding somewhere around 200th place (often even lower) in the cq ranking there's absolutely nothing suspicious in suddenly coming up at current 17th position.

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Bye Bye Bicycle said:
C'mon, we all expected him to run this year full gas from January til October. A natural GT rider, everybody knew that. Which is why this thread already was opened... well, today. After 10 years as a pro hiding somewhere around 200th place (often even lower) in the cq ranking there's absolutely nothing suspicious in suddenly coming up at current 17th position.

Vini Fantini are the new Sky

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Pricey_sky said:
I was impressed with his form early this year so took 66/1 on him to win the Giro each-way and also found 20/1 for a podium. Cheering him on all the way in this last week. :D

Proving himself to be a very good GT climber. Keep going Santa!!!

Make sure you grab your payout ASAP after the final day. ;-)

Pentacycle said:
Babyface is really discovering his limits, did he have some kind of virus over at BMC?

sorry but there is only ONE babyface:

229px-Oscar_Sevilla_2013.jpg

for santa, you can use chubby face though

Vino attacks everyone said:
Santa fan right here. :)

clinic people are boooring and repetative.
Buhu! he is climbing well, clinic clinic clinic....
:rolleyes:

Clinic people make innuendos in the clinic.

Its the Ryo Hazukis of this world who are too scared of going into the clinic who make their innuendos in the prr section where they think they will get away with it.

Though I don't think what G too fast posted was particularly bad.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
snippet from his interview:

Indeed, Evans tried and failed to follow the winning move when it went clear in the final two kilometres but Santambrogio said that he took no additional satisfaction from outgunning his former leader.

"Sure, it gives me a lot of morale, but I owe a lot to Cadel too," he said. "I was close to him when he broke his elbow at the Tour de France and I learnt how to prepare a Grand Tour with him. And I can show that now that I'm at a team that gives me the status of leader."

What a classy guy.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/santambrogio-a-man-rediscovered-at-baronecchia

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS