• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Maxim Iglinsky positive for EPO

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
At this rate Astana could snap up another 10-20 riders for next season....

When will anti dope rules start to punish the team and not only the rider?

Maybe MPCC will force them to sit out Tour of Almaty.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Samson777 said:
Haha that is just comical. UCI trying to make a point? Vino didn't pay enough for protecting? On the bright side, Astana should have a spot free to Horner now:p

Time to sign Horner to get some credibility back.

So I guess he was juicing up for the classica San Sebastian where he finished 26th.. And why did it take the UCI 2 months to announce the positive?

Dazed and Confused said:
At this rate Astana could snap up another 10-20 riders for next season....

When will anti dope rules start to punish the team and not only the rider?

There's no way team Astana is cast as the bad actor. It's funded by the government and the government has as a national priority to be 'a leader in sports worldwide.' The country throws it's weight around international sports as a nation threatening trade problems in Khazakstan.

It's very interesting the UCI are sanctioning the team members. It's another very risky path. Let's see if Cookson does another Kreuziger.

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Netserk said:
At first I thought it was the other thread that got bumped, it was only after reading a few posts that I realized that it was the other brother that has been caught :eek:

Ditto :eek:

Funny thing though, that is takes about a month more to "declare" this one..

Asked about Chris Horner missing the Vuelta because of MPCC rules that are more onerous than the UCI's, Cookson recently had this to say:

"Really, there is only one set of anti-doping rules: the UCI’s, which are in line with the WADA code. I would rather there was only one standard and maybe if we can harmonise that under the new WADA code, this is something we can talk about with Roger Legeay and his colleagues."

Now Astana are going to have to spend some time on gardening leave, what's he going to say?

The test was August 1, the day before San Sebastián (where Iglinskiy was 26th) and five days after the Tour ended (where Iglinskiy was 129th).

The brother was 10 days later, August 11, the first stage of Eneco (he didn't ride either the Tour or San Seb).

TRENDING THREADS