• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Mc Quaid " dumped "?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2009
www.parrabuddy.blogspot.com
May 26, 2009
Reading the Media reactions to the UCI insisting on their rule " 1.2.019 " today , i decided to remind " Cycling Ireland " that they have a job to do this week !

My letter , politely requested Cycling Ireland to call the " EGM "!

CC's to ALL listed here : http://www.cyclingireland.ie/Home/Contact-Cycling-Ireland.aspx

Those interested in seeing my arguments can visit :

http://www.skippy-cyclist.blogspot.com

Those interested in seeing phat mc splat's recent foray into controversy can read :

http://velonews.competitor.com/2013...or-north-american-mountain-bike-racing_281274

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/photos/dubai-to-create-new-stage-race-for-2014/247529

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/gall...british-national-10-mile-time-trial-2011.html

Since phat , ignores All that does not suit his purpose , he will decide to bend the " Rules " to exonerate " Briggins " , perhaps even ignore Dubai , after all he has not had his face shoved in the mud by them ! USADA ignoring his request/demand last year must mean ALL US bodies are subject to his IRE !

May 26, 2009
My comments elsewhere :

My comment to Velonation :

" SHAME ON CYCLING IRELAND ! Condemning the Sport of Cycling to another 4 years of " SSDD " , deserves derision from the Worldwide Cycling Community ! " Consider " ? CONSIDER ? Only consideration phat mc splat will do , is to consider how he can pay the Board of Cycling Ireland down , for attempting to restrain his efforts to drag Cycling Sport , through more controversy ! Those who are members of Cycling Ireland , need to start voting with their feet , REMOVE ALL this current Board and show the Worldwide Community that YOU are unhappy with this derisory decision . IS THERE STILL TIME FOR AN " EGM "? If so bring it on , DUMP the Board and ELECT those that can reverse this decision ! "

My tweet to Jaimie Fuller for CCN etc :

skippy mc carthy ‏@skippydetour 3m
@jaimiefuller See my comment there and on http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthr...=15417&page=25 … Is there time for an " EGM " so that " Members " can reverse this traversty "

People here could raise $92+k for the defense of Paul Kimmage , so why can't WE ALL WORK TOGETHER and see this " one finger salute " to World Wide Cycling overturned ?

There are enough " clinic Members " claiming Irish Location and Heretage that feel , as Ashamed as i do , at the PATHETIC non binding strings floated on a sea of sceptism last night .

The majority of Irish Voting Members , must be SICKENED by the pathetic behaviour of their " Board "!

If that " Cycling Board board " has the same composition at the next AGM, there will be no hope for youngsters to follow the likes of Deignan , Martin & Roche !

Regretable that Cycling Ireland Board are looking back at what benefits they received , albeit they will see the Giro starting in Ireland as a future benefit . Could the Giro be removed , if phat was dumped ? Of course not!

What further benefit then , could be gained by supporting an " OAP " , as he will be before the next term is complete , and with little or no further " Silverware " in the " Goodies cabinet " to boost their " CVs"?

IOC don't need him , hence he was no longer needed on the Candidate Commissions !

WADA don't want him !

WE the Sport of CYCLING Fans don't want him !

Elected in September , he will be shortly thereafter seeking a " Golden Handshake "!

Not paying Fees to any body associated with UCI , it is not my money that will be thrown away !

May 26, 2009
Awoke today to the GOOD NEWS that Cycling Ireland has taken responsibility for it's defective meeting on 12th April ! It appears that certain actions at that meeting , contradicted " Correct Procedures "!

When i wrote my Parrabuddy .blogspot post the 13thApril , i called on members of " C.I. " to find ways to overturn the Board's decision . I had not expected " Anto Moran's resignation " , nor that he would reflect on that meeting and then examine in detail the procedures and FIND an issue that he then took to the board , thus allowing them a " Facesaving decision " to revisit the " Nomination "!

In the interim , others were quite rightly , working behind the scenes to find the numbers to CALL an " EGM " . That the " Board of C.I." decided to call an EGM last night , before it was forced upon them , does them credit .

There is a growing Groundswell in Irish Cycling , that will see the EGM , if ALL Members are allowed to vote , cast phat into the wilderness !

Should C.I. reject phat , it will reflect badly on the Swiss if they choose to listen to the entreaties of the Aigle Tag Team Duo ! phat & fordruggen have NOTHING to offer the Future of Cycling Sport , OTHER than " SSDD " and the derision of the other Sports Federations !

When UCI meet at the 2013 Congress , they need to VOTE NEW Policies & Procedures , so that " NEVER ; Never , never , will the Executive be able to offer concessions for brown paper bags !

Indeed they will also need to make CERTAIN that " Anti Doping " is controlled by a Third Party , so as to remove the temptations that have existed until this year !

Too late to wish James Burn a happy retirement , since he has surfaced as a Board member of the same IOC that banned him from competition , lets aLL hope that the Bag of tricks , is finally empty !

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
hiero2 said:
Frankly, your belief that you are somehow all alone because you don't see everybody in a parade behind you is unrealistic.
Good call hiero, thanks for your intervention. Skippy is like a reformed smoker who thinks he personally has discovered the link with cancer. Plenty of us can remember the cuddling up with other LA apologists like Polish and Cobblestoned so this current "crusade" to clean up cycling is highly amusing.

rata de sentina said:
Good call hiero, thanks for your intervention. Skippy is like a reformed smoker who thinks he personally has discovered the link with cancer. Plenty of us can remember the cuddling up with other LA apologists like Polish and Cobblestoned so this current "crusade" to clean up cycling is highly amusing.

Hell hath no fury...

Dave.

rata de sentina said:

Look at it another way. Armstrong had interns selling the myth, now Armstrong's got a jilted fan being vocal about the corruption that fueled the myth building. Yeah, there are some flaws, but so what.

IMHO, the phrase, "Make hay while the sun shines" applies.

May 26, 2009
With the " nomination " now in doubt , phat the rat , casts around for any lifebelt , in order to stay afloat !
Having previously dismissed " Armstrong ( " he has no place in Cycling ") as an irrevelence , he now counts on this " nonenity " to stir sufficient controversy to muddy the waters , perhaps , to even save his kneck ?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/mcquaid-calls-on-armstrong-to-help-fight-doping

Seems there is a result :

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/armstrong-renews-call-for-truth-and-reconciliation

Another lifeline appears to have been tossed to him with the relevation of the IOC 's announcement in regard to the staus of Cycling at the 2016 Olympics .

Why didn't Rogge propose phat , for President of the IOC , at the same time ? Would have counted for more than his " ASOIF renewal " !

way things are going in Ireland currently for phat , could be he would have the time to do Rogge's job ? His apparent skill set seem to make him an ideal candidate for a job where " Anti Doping " is treated with such disdain that WADA are excluded from recent discussions of that subject

Anyone notice how out of date , his Info is , No plane armstrong , being one example ?

As to Africa , he expects a result in 6 years , no confidence ?

The only thing that phat agrees with me about , is the need for the " Amnesty to be for ALL SPORT "! But then for him , that is trying to duck the need for UCI to solve the problems , that the " aigle tag team duo " spent a LOST GENERATION creating !

As for an earlier commenter about my thoughts on this subject , his name says it ALL !

May 26, 2009
Just found this tweet :

Laois cycling club ‏@LaoisCTC 12h
Results of Pat McQuaid vote. Votes cast: 16 (out of 29). Nominate: 0, Oppose: 16. All CTC delegates at CI EGM will oppose the nomination.
Retweeted by SKINS Chairman

Good start to June , NOW , the other C.I. clubs can administer the final blow to his ego !

I am aware of the results of 3 clubs votes and all are directing their delegates to all vote against McQuaid, I would be very surprised if that was not representative of the rest of the clubs out there, it's hard to see McQuaid securing the nomination.

This document has been prepared by some of the people driving the no campaign=, and distributed to the clubs.

http://bit.ly/McQuaidFile

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Inquitus said:
I am aware of the results of 3 clubs votes and all are directing their delegates to all vote against McQuaid, I would be very surprised if that was not representative of the rest of the clubs out there, it's hard to see McQuaid securing the nomination.

This document has been prepared by some of the people driving the no campaign=, and distributed to the clubs.

Kudos on the document. That's a comprehensive piece of work.

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Inquitus said:

Great work, compliments to all on both content and release timing.

The one bit I thought could be added more of is the totally inappropriate and embarrassing "Pat's cycling family" conflict of interest positions with family and friends all in a tangled web of beneficial company roles.

Fingers crossed it achieves the desired outcome for change.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Inquitus said:

I hope this has been forwarded to international media, especially the cycling media. Lets see CN do a story on it!

Cillian Kelly ‏@irishpeloton 5h

McQuaid has NOT been nominated by Swiss. The Irish EGM is currently his only route to Presidency.

May 26, 2009
This report , is an outstanding summary of the failures that is at the door of phat the rat : http://bit.ly/McQuaidFile .

Would have wished that it was possible to remind people of the demands made in respect of the " Tour of Russia ", perhaps there were other situations also ?

So many other matters need airing in the Worldwide Media , but since they do not relate to Cycling Ireland , i can understand them not being brought to light in this report !

Could it be possible that an additional document be circulated in the Worldwide Media , so as to bring these matters to light , so as to ensure that the Voting Delegates of the UCI , understand the risks they run by considering ANY Possibility of allowing phat on the Sptember Ballot in Firenze?

May 26, 2009
Who is reporting WHO , to the UCI Ethics Committee ?

http://forums.rowery.org/viewtopic.php?t=25606 ( sorry don't understand the polish language ) !

Guess it is ALRIGHT to Promise in the run up to an Election ?

After disbanding " UCIIC " , is there ANYONE out there STUPID ENOUGH to think that phat the rat can keep to promises made ?

Signs of desperatation when two name , gives a promise as jim burns and then forgets them as he draws a salary , as phat ( the rat ) mc quaid ?

May 26, 2009
Rolling into Ponti vecchio after riding with a few of the Racers , i spotted phat the rat , and as i rolled up to him i hailed " Good day Jim Burns "!

He said he didn't mind being addressed as such , as he had used that name , i told him that there was considerable controversy and his chances of re election were diminishing . Reminded him of the article where brother Kiernon told him not to stand . Confirmed that his brother was in the right .

I proposed to him that he consider @GaudryT as his replacement and that he serve a year as " CEO " , thus allowing a strong takeover . He had said that he was only considering another 4 years before stepping away from Cycling . I reminded him that the " Mc Quaid Family " had done many good things for Irish Cycling and that any further time in office would only further detract from those accomplishments .

Throughout this discussion , i felt that he was very aware that he was in a difficult place , he did remind me that although i was saying that NOTHING had been achieved since 1998 , with the Festina Affair , he thought he had contributed much in his 8 years . Whilst i said that i agreed with most of this , my take was that everything he had sought to improve was overshadowed by the vested interests that carried on regardless throughout the 15 years . No point adding paint to a fabric that was rotting as you applied paint ?

We parted with him off to a meeting , but , did he need to spend 10 minutes with me ? He certainly spoke calmly and politely to a person that some regard as intolerant & abnoxious .

Shortly after i called out " Mr Doper " to a Norwegian TV Journo , that i was mistakenly thinking had put his hands up earlier this year ! His colleague gave me a tongue lashing and told the " Aljazeera News Crew " that i was not worth their time , that for 16 years i had been causing people grief , such that they no longer interview me . Wonder where i can find the name & photo , of the correct Norge ex racer ?

TRENDING THREADS