• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Mc Quaid " dumped "?

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
skippy said:
Rolling into Ponti vecchio after riding with a few of the Racers , i spotted phat the rat , and as i rolled up to him i hailed " Good day Jim Burns "!

He said he didn't mind being addressed as such , as he had used that name , i told him that there was considerable controversy and his chances of re election were diminishing . Reminded him of the article where brother Kiernon told him not to stand . Confirmed that his brother was in the right .

I proposed to him that he consider @GaudryT as his replacement and that he serve a year as " CEO " , thus allowing a strong takeover . He had said that he was only considering another 4 years before stepping away from Cycling . I reminded him that the " Mc Quaid Family " had done many good things for Irish Cycling and that any further time in office would only further detract from those accomplishments .

Throughout this discussion , i felt that he was very aware that he was in a difficult place , he did remind me that although i was saying that NOTHING had been achieved since 1998 , with the Festina Affair , he thought he had contributed much in his 8 years . Whilst i said that i agreed with most of this , my take was that everything he had sought to improve was overshadowed by the vested interests that carried on regardless throughout the 15 years . No point adding paint to a fabric that was rotting as you applied paint ?

We parted with him off to a meeting , but , did he need to spend 10 minutes with me ? He certainly spoke calmly and politely to a person that some regard as intolerant & abnoxious .

Shortly after i called out " Mr Doper " to a Norwegian TV Journo , that i was mistakenly thinking had put his hands up earlier this year ! His colleague gave me a tongue lashing and told the " Aljazeera News Crew " that i was not worth their time , that for 16 years i had been causing people grief , such that they no longer interview me . Wonder where i can find the name & photo , of the correct Norge ex racer ?

When did he race? 80-90-00? Hair color. Blonde, Dark? Which TV channel?

Could it perhaps be this guy:
http://www.cyclingarchives.com/coureurfiche.php?coureurid=1745

neineinei said:
There was a Norwegian TV-crew covering cycling in Italy this year?

Ah I was thinking Corsica today.:eek: Well if Skippy provides more information I might be able to understand who he might be talking about.

If it was during the Giro, I don't know, I was watching Eurosport.

May 26, 2009
www.parrabuddy.blogspot.com
With the silence of the " Clinic " the past several weeks , i have been trying to add my weight to the ousting of phat the rat , with this item :

Hello!

I've started the petition "UNION of Cyclists International: SACK the Current President , p mc quaid & Honorary President h verbruggen" and need your help to get it off the ground.

Will you take 30 seconds to sign it right now? Here's the link:

http://www.change.org/petitions/uni...nt-p-mc-quaid-honorary-president-h-verbruggen

Here's why it's important:

Currently the UCI is seen to be out of control by ALL Stakeholders ! Examples of this are abundant , but in the last days we have seen the Director General , perhaps directed by members of the UCI Management board , try to introduce Retroactive Legislation in respect to the Upcoming Presidential Election , AFTER nominations for that Election HAD CLOSED !

Had this been Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe or the " Dear Leader of North Korea " , we could ALL enjoy the mirth ! However , this appears to be the work of Jim burn ( that englishman in 1970s South Africa , who was discovered to be Pat Mc Quaid and subsequently LIFETIME BANNED by the IOC for breach of their Sporting Rules )

Would appear that although Swiss Authorities have been advised in 2012, that Pat Mc Quaid & Hein Verbruggen had acted in a manner contrary to Swiss Law , no action has been forth coming as yet .

Further to the Immediate dismissal of Pat Mc Quaid and the removal of Hein Verbruggen from his " Honorory Position " , UCI should PRODUCE for consideration at the Firenze Congress , a NEW Constitution and Charter that be Implemented as of 1st January 2014 WITH NO RETROVECTIVE MEASURES !

Failure to remove Mc Quaid & Verbruggen should cause the IMMEDIATE RESIGNATION of the Boards of ALL UCI Federations , so that EACH COUNTRY , can call on their ENTIRE PAID UP MEMBERSHIP , to VOTE Enmasse as close to 1st December 2013 for NEW BOARD MEMBERS and the NEW CHARTER & CONSTITUTION !

Cycling Sport STAKEHOLDERS and the Fan base deserve people of INTEGRITY to serve their NEEDS ! Currently what we see is the actions of " Despots " similar to the rulers of Zimbabwe & Nth Korea !

IN DEMOCRACIES the people DESERVE Democratic Process !

You can sign my petition by clicking here.

http://www.change.org/petitions/uni...nt-p-mc-quaid-honorary-president-h-verbruggen

Thanks!
skippy mc carthy

i realise there are those using pseudonymes in the " Forum " , so use another " IP Address "! it is that simple ! Unless of course " wingeing " is All you wish to do with your time !

In another thread the question was asked : " Who besides Cookson & phat ? Well Women are good at housekeeping ! Who better than a former Racer , such as @Gaudryt , who has only just arrived on the UCI Management Committee , thus owes NO FAVOURS ?

May 26, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:
Can't believe the worlds no.1 fence sitters made a decision! :rolleyes:

yes, but maybe giving the job to Cookson keeps the lid on the corruption otherwise Jamie Fuller goes legal and blows the whole corruption into the open and this might lead to other bigger feds (fifa, ioc) getting caught in their own corrupt world.

May 26, 2009
www.parrabuddy.blogspot.com
Sky News report that Swiss have withdrawn the nomination some hours ago and Brian Cookson had his say :

http://briancookson.org/en/news/

Minutes ago @jamiefuller was interviewed :

http://t.co/YkqgqDqzqY

Some are now suggesting that Jamie head for Morocco !

Personally i think that @Paulkimmage 's Lawyer needs to ASK Swiss Authorities to investigate the Vaious Emails connected with the Malasian request to change the UCI Constitution ?

There is a strong smell of that dearleader & mugabe tactics around the end of June which smacks of EMAIL FRAUD ? Could be jim burn aka phat the rat is not the only person fiddling whilst Aigle burns ?

Do we really want Cookson ? Seems like he is the ONLY genuinely LEGAL Candidate left on the ballot paper ?

IF the UCI genuinely want to change their Constitution , THEY Should be listening to the GENUINE Results of that Stakeholders Inquiry , that was conducted , BUT fiddled with by phat as he tried to " CON " all & sundry , that it was a vote for him & his efforts !

PHAT , are you listening ?

YOU ARE NOT WANTED !

CLEAR YOUR DESK ! head for Nth Korea or Zimbabwe , your mentors there, will endeavour to teach you the " tricks " that they have put to good use over the decades !

Benotti69 said:
yes, but maybe giving the job to Cookson keeps the lid on the corruption otherwise Jamie Fuller goes legal and blows the whole corruption into the open and this might lead to other bigger feds (fifa, ioc) getting caught in their own corrupt world.

As the last round of FIFA corruption shows, there's no regulator.

Most importantly, It's not corruption if YOU get paid along side your sports administration salary. That's getting paid to work.

I'm not convinced Pat's out of Parlimentary tricks. His tactics haven't gotten any more sophisticated and he appears to have a great deal of support inside the UCI. The latter is enough to keep the job.

Best case scenario, Cookson is a more sophisticated McQuaid and the UCI keeps working on becoming an NFL/NBA kind of sports organization.

DirtyWorks said:
As the last round of FIFA corruption shows, there's no regulator.

Most importantly, It's not corruption if YOU get paid along side your sports administration salary. That's getting paid to work.

I'm not convinced Pat's out of Parlimentary tricks. His tactics haven't gotten any more sophisticated and he appears to have a great deal of support inside the UCI. The latter is enough to keep the job.

Best case scenario, Cookson is a more sophisticated McQuaid and the UCI keeps working on becoming an NFL/NBA kind of sports organization.

Correct on all fronts. McQuaid has employed a lot of people within the UCI on very good salaries. The silent are his biggest supporters.

There's a lot of silent people, trust me.

Cookson doesn't actually have much support.

Cookson may be vocal but it doesn't count for votes.

I see McQuaid in power for another good 10 years. In that role he'll see to Vaughters.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
respect indeed to jamie fuller.

anyone thinks he has an agenda?
at present, i don't. with the info i have, he seems to be the real deal, with a genuine interest in cleaning up. I don't mind if he gets a commercial advantage out of this at all. In fact I hope he does, but I don't think that's high on his agenda. He seems to have his nest well-feathered already, and I'd reckon he has more to loose than to win in all this.

Does anybody know if he's particularly close with Cookson and/or Vaughters?

Door no 1 (Slammed shut in face by Irish):D
Door no 2 (Quietly closed by Swiss):p
Door no 3 (Thai) Should be closed by UCI Congress:rolleyes:
Door no 4 (Morocco) Should be closed by UCI Congress
But somehow McQuaid will get nomination and he will get elected as President for another term:(

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
Parker, Cookson, Vaughters with Twitter friends Race Radio with BSkyB.

Cycling will be an abortion within 3 years.

Lets wrestle control of the money to create the World Super Cup of Cycling starring Team Sky on Sky TV :eek:

Such nonsense. Do you actually believe all the babble you write or just try to get a response by writing crazy stuff?

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
thehog said:
Parker, Cookson, Vaughters with Twitter friends Race Radio with BSkyB.

Cycling will be an abortion within 3 years.

Lets wrestle control of the money to create the World Super Cup of Cycling starring Team Sky on Sky TV :eek:

maybe they will get Dr Vortex on board as well. Just kill off all opposition with word bombs.

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
MatParker117 said:
Jesus tap dancing christ you write some of the most inane bull**** on the internet.

the hog who? Doesn't everyone just have him on ignore by now? Makes the forum so much cleaner when you don't even have to read some of the ridiculous trolling posted.

TRENDING THREADS