• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Mc Quaid " dumped "?

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Race Radio said:
JV is your source for all this nonsense? You must be getting him when he is on the sauce

Exactly... on the sauce.. :rolleyes:

I had lunch with Richie last week.

The entree was good but my steak was a little chewy and Richie thought his fish wasn't cooked properly.

None the less we washed it down with a few cocktails. Started with a Bloody Mary then a few beers. Richie ordered a bottle of wine with the mains and then amped it some vodka shots. We were f-cked.

That's when I looked him in the eye and I knew he was off his head. His eyes were almost in the back of his head. I asked him about doping and he was straight forward. Richie can't actually spell or write his own name but he said he'd never dope on Sundays or with the light turn on. That was good enough for me.

I don't know if Sky are doping but Richie is a straight shooter. In fact we kicked on to a local bar and got on some potent whiskey and Porte bombed them like he was on spring break. I was calling him shooter Porte.

It was awesome! :cool:

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:

The entree was good but my steak was a little chewy and Richie thought his fish wasn't cooked properly.

None the less we washed it down with a few cocktails. Started with a Bloody Mary then a few beers. Richie ordered a bottle of wine with the mains and then amped it some vodka shots. We were f-cked.

That's when I looked him in the eye and I knew he was off his head. His eyes were almost in the back of his head. I asked him about doping and he was straight forward. Richie can't actually spell or write his own name but he said he'd never dope on Sundays or with the light turn on. That was good enough for me.

I don't know if Sky are doping but Richie is a straight shooter. In fact we kicked on to a local bar and got on some potent whiskey and Porte bombed them like he was on spring break. I was calling him shooter Porte.

have not lol'd like this for a long time... :D

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:

Did this all happen in your mom's basement?

I'm confused. Could somebody who understands this UCI politics crap be so kind to write a quick rundown what the situation is? Is McQuaid done or can these weird maneuvers with Malaysia and Morocco or whatever be successful? Has the Swiss Federation really rescinded his nomination? Or was the Swiss nomination meaningless after all anyway?

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
spalco said:
I'm confused. Could somebody who understands this UCI politics crap be so kind to write a quick rundown what the situation is? Is McQuaid done or can these weird maneuvers with Malaysia and Morocco or whatever be successful? Has the Swiss Federation really rescinded his nomination? Or was the Swiss nomination meaningless after all anyway?

Yes, the Swiss Fed has rescinded his nomination and the head of the Swiss Fed has resigned. While I expect more absurdity in the next couple weeks I cannot see how McQuaid gets elected.

There is still one more week for nominations. I doubt there will be any real challengers so at this point it looks very good for Cookson

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:

That might be the funniest post I have ever read.

Thanks for the laughs hog.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
sniper said:
respect indeed to jamie fuller.

anyone thinks he has an agenda?
at present, i don't. with the info i have, he seems to be the real deal, with a genuine interest in cleaning up. I don't mind if he gets a commercial advantage out of this at all. In fact I hope he does, but I don't think that's high on his agenda. He seems to have his nest well-feathered already, and I'd reckon he has more to loose than to win in all this.

Does anybody know if he's particularly close with Cookson and/or Vaughters?

What I want to know is WTF do Skins get out of this?

I mean, take all three Aussie compression brands. Skins, Body Science and 2XU. Skins are by far the worst product wise. Do they even make cycling gear? Just checked...they do.

Free tip. 2XU and BSc are vastly superior as products. Sounds like he wants to expand his brand into Europe. Looking at the prices of the cycling line I can see why. If they are like the compression range, give them a pass. The stuff does not last. And Skins are now Headquartered in Switzerland. Yeah there is nothing going on behind the scenes is there? Give it a few years and half the peloton will be wearing Skins.

Race Radio said:
Yes, the Swiss Fed has rescinded his nomination and the head of the Swiss Fed has resigned. While I expect more absurdity in the next couple weeks I cannot see how McQuaid gets elected.

There is still one more week for nominations. I doubt there will be any real challengers so at this point it looks very good for Cookson

Okay, but one thing that's been confusing for me is that Moroccan and Thai federations put forth a motion to extend the deadline, say any fed could nominate, etc. But doesn't that motion have to pass? I don't recall reading anything about a vote passing that motion, but all the press talks about it as if it's 'controversial' but going ahead. What did I miss?

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Galic Ho said:
What I want to know is WTF do Skins get out of this?

They get little, if any, benefit.

Given the large sums of money Jaimie has spent on this I doubt it is to promote Skins. He strikes me as a guy who once he sinks his teeth into something will never drop it until it is finished. So far he is winning

May 26, 2009
www.parrabuddy.blogspot.com
@galic ho Was unaware of " all three Aussie compression brands. Skins, Body Science and 2XU "! In my touring around the European Cycling scene , have only spotted " Skins " on a variety of grades of Racer Types .

@spalco as a variety of people have written and tweeted " you couldn't make this stuff up ", it is an odds on certainty that this won't be over until the ballot on the 23rd Sept in Firenze . not even phat the rat knows , what he is going to do or say ,when he falls out of bed each day !

Had Jay Leno or his Ilk , the interest in Cycling , they would have their audience figures soaring , such are the Ops for hilarity that phat the rat continues to produce .

Since the members of the forum are content to let phat make the running, there is no point in reminding them that he is probably enjoying reading of their confusion , particularly since they can't find 30secs to record their disatisfaction in the petition i created :

http://www.change.org/petitions/uni...nt-p-mc-quaid-honorary-president-h-verbruggen

Of course , IF , the UCI were to elect an HONOURABLE President , then there would be one less subject for the mushroom farmers to speculate about ?

I plan to be in Firenze , where i once again will call on jim burn , and tell him to his face , to empty his desk , but then i am not one of the 42 " Voting Delegates " that he has promised the world and more , knowing that another 4 years of hiding the past , will likely save his hide and the skin of his accomplices !

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
?

skippy said:
@galic ho Was unaware of " all three Aussie compression brands. Skins, Body Science and 2XU "! In my touring around the European Cycling scene , have only spotted " Skins " on a variety of grades of Racer Types .

@spalco as a variety of people have written and tweeted " you couldn't make this stuff up ", it is an odds on certainty that this won't be over until the ballot on the 23rd Sept in Firenze . not even phat the rat knows , what he is going to do or say ,when he falls out of bed each day !

Had Jay Leno or his Ilk , the interest in Cycling , they would have their audience figures soaring , such are the Ops for hilarity that phat the rat continues to produce .

Since the members of the forum are content to let phat make the running, there is no point in reminding them that he is probably enjoying reading of their confusion , particularly since they can't find 30secs to record their disatisfaction in the petition i created :

http://www.change.org/petitions/uni...nt-p-mc-quaid-honorary-president-h-verbruggen

Of course , IF , the UCI were to elect an HONOURABLE President , then there would be one less subject for the mushroom farmers to speculate about ?

I plan to be in Firenze , where i once again will call on jim burn , and tell him to his face , to empty his desk , but then i am not one of the 42 " Voting Delegates " that he has promised the world and more , knowing that another 4 years of hiding the past , will likely save his hide and the skin of his accomplices !

I have no idea what skippy is talking about........who the h*ll is jim burn? Jay Leno?????

Huckleberry said:
I have no idea what skippy is talking about........who the h*ll is jim burn? Jay Leno?????

Jim Burn(s) is the assumed name Pat McQuaid rode under. as a paid pro, in South Africa while that country had strictly enforced segregation. (Apartheid)

The IOC rightly banned athletes from having anything to do with the country. Pat was a clever guy though, and rode under an assumed name there. The IOC found out and gave him a lifetime(?) ban.

It's easy to gloss over it, but Apartheid was *really* awful. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apartheid_in_South_Africa

Pat was later quoted as saying he had no regrets about the trip.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
They get little, if any, benefit.

Given the large sums of money Jaimie has spent on this I doubt it is to promote Skins. He strikes me as a guy who once he sinks his teeth into something will never drop it until it is finished. So far he is winning

Fair enough then. Perhaps he just dislikes corruption.

skippy said:

BSc (Body Science) don't have many logos or distinguishing marks. 2XU have a giant X across the quads. Skins had a lot of publicity in the early noughties because they slapped the brand on some big name Aussie sportsmen. They then went into football. 2XU and BSc both started in triathlon. They sponsored triathletes. 2XU are run from Victoria and sponsored VIS athletes. BSc sponsored QAS athletes because they are a Queensland based company.

2XU went very quickly into a cycling range. Their main product was compression gear, because that was the faze. FWIW their cycling and triathlon range of gear is not cheap. $180 starting price for most stuff. Same as the Skins alternative which tells me Skins copied their price. 2XU has a strong running and other exercise clothing range. Also not cheap relative to sports brands. Some of their running jackets are $200 plus. Good but expensive.

BSc are different. They tend to be solely COMPRESSION based, with other additives, hats. shirts, thrown in. 2XU have whole ranges based on that alone. BSc also do protein powder, vegan powder (yeah I know), some hydroxy burn supplements, protein bars/energy bars, energy/sports drink and even some immunology olive leaf extract. Yes...they kind of do it all. Aimed more at fitness types than any specific SPORTING group.

Skins. Started compression. I guess they switched to cycling and triathlon. IMO too late. 2XU already have that fully covered in Australia. But I guess they can catch up.

Commonality. All started as compression brands then kind of branched off into their chosen product lines. 2XU is pretty much a full blown sports ensemble for fitness clothing, BSc is your jack of all trades and Skins IMO is mostly compression. Depending on who you ask, you'll get a different opinion on compression gear effectiveness. I've heard some of the cheap stuff is good. I know the dearer stuff can work and not work (or not last). BSc even let you customise your own compression gear. So if you want, you can have McQuack down the side of your leg. Fully legit support right? :p

May 26, 2009
www.parrabuddy.blogspot.com
Hey phat ,

in case you have lost the ability to read , here is a NEW Worry for you !

You appear to have until April 2014 , to dream up an answer ! Shouldn't be hard , considering ALL the ducking & diving , you have been doing in recent years !

Think back to the period that Lance was your buddy and see where this is about to lead you :

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/judge-orders-armstrong-answer-doping-questions

Looking forward to the handstands and other gymnastics that you will need to wriggle out of this , but then after 27th Sept2013 , most people will be hoping you have a lot of free time on your hands !

TRENDING THREADS