• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

McEwen Opposes Foreign entrants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
article

When Canada was the host to the 2003 World Champs, the nationals was an open event. An Austrailian was 1st (Nathan O'Neill), American 2nd (Will Frischkorn) and a Canadian 3rd (Perras)

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
I agree with Robbie.
I was glad when the US stopped doing our RR champs at Philly with the jersey going to the top American finisher rather than the guy who actually won the race. The Aussies have enough talent to do a closed race.

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I agree with Robbie McEwen about restricting his national championships to Australians. This brought to my mind the 1969 British Professional championships which were won by Bill Lawrie who was Australian. It wasn't until after the race that the officials discussed whether he should be given the title, or indeed if he should have been riding. The rest of the field accepted the result and Bill said he wasn't worried about losing the title as long as he kept the prize money.

Status
Not open for further replies.