• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

McQuaid thinks about truth and reconciliation without understanding it

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
PosterBill said:
"It does seem slightly unusual," McQuaid told Associated Press reporters of the delay in receiving USADA's file. "Our only thoughts on it would be that maybe they didn't have a full file or they don't have a full file. ... We are assuming they do have a full file because they have already announced a life ban on Lance Armstrong."

This guy.....WTF

All smoke and mirrors. While Fat Pat's right hand dazzles the world with empathy and understanding his left is .?????

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
An obvious problem with an amnesty: a cycling federation can order whatever amnesty it wants, but since the things that would need to be admitted constitute crimes punishable by prison in most of the relevant countries, who is going to admit anything that isn't (in effect) already obvious?

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I bet McQuaid wants to introduce an amnesty where no one loses results, therefore Armstrong gets to keep his wins.

This is what is being planned. I can smell.:mad:

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
It's McQuaid trying to claw back some semblance of the UCI being in control. They've been usurped by the USADA and it makes them look like they are - culpable and ineffectual.

So by 'amnesty', McQuaid means 'control who says what and to whom'. Bad luck on that deal though, that horse is out of the paddock and across into the neighbours field.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
It really is time for the media to start working like journalists otherwise the UCI is going to get away with this.

It is time to keep publishing th articles about the multiple u-turns they have made and that they are suing hte whistleblowers but dithering on Armstrong while trying to call out the witnesses.

We need it now.

Time for those journalists who have taken bread from the top table to attone for their complicity in all this and call out the UCI.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
I bet McQuaid wants to introduce an amnesty where no one loses results, therefore Armstrong gets to keep his wins.

Would then Floyd, Roberto, Rasmussen, Contador, Tyler all get their wins back, since they were all doing it?

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Benotti69 said:

If so then that would mean LA would have to sing......not so sure he will ever subject himself to that.

The cascade of raw sewage will continue to accumulate, and eventually fall onto his head.

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Benotti69 said:

This anmesty craptalk is absolutely unbelievable, what more do we want as a final and conclusive proof of how corrupt the UCI is? These guys must have it right in the DNA, most probably like all the other sport-politicians.

And the *******s are even so "self-assured" that they think the public will buy it. Horrible. But shows how hard the sh*t hit the fan.

Just imagine, the ship is sinking but the rats are not fleeing, they are trying to give amnesty to the hole!

May 9, 2009
Visit site
Does T&R include the UCI admitting all of their transgressions?

Amnesty for riders? Shouldn't happen, but worth a discussion.

Amnesty for the UCI? No way. Not even worth a discussion. They've got to go.

Benotti69 said:

I'm wondering if Armstrong had a hand in 'suggesting' this to Pat.
Wouldn't that be handy for him...'clean up' cycling and lance keeps his stupid titles. But wait....Pat wants to urgently investigate Z, CVV, and TD...

Smells of classic Pat ....

mewmewmew13 said:
I'm wondering if Armstrong had a hand in 'suggesting' this to Pat.
Wouldn't that be handy for him...'clean up' cycling and lance keeps his stupid titles. But wait....Pat wants to urgently investigate Z, CVV, and TD...

Smells of classic Pat ....

Not that the contrast is required, but why no call to urgently investigate Lance and Eki after the Simeoni testimony and incident?

Nothing like the continued reinforcement of the double standard to provide comfort in the UCI's continued enforcement of its policies.

Dave.

Benotti69 said:

I don't think it has much to do with Armstrong. It has more to do with Hamilton. Riis being outed today could easily be Gianetti tomorrow or Lefevre the next day. Riders spilling the beans is bad enough, but what if Saiz decided to talk. A nightmare scenario would be someone like Fuentes talking. That scenario could easily come to pass if Ferrari is prosecuted by the Italians; maybe that is already in motion as it is. The UCI wants to stop such damage from occuring in the future. The Armstrong affair is already a done deal.

If Hamilton's book is successful then it will motivate other riders and publishers to make their own go of it.

Big Doopie said:
however, this struck me as a way to get armstrong off.

they'll just give him amnesty.

You, are crazy like a fox. Except Wonderboy can't sell it.

Wait.

He can target JV and any other people stepping out of line in the name of corruption. Even the IOC could sign-off on it because it's soo theatrical.

Yuck. I think I need a shower or something.

May 5, 2009
Visit site
Fat Pat is a joke. pathetic.

First nobody doped (or only 1% as Hein? once said or who was it?)?

Then the sue Floyd when he starts the thing instead of independently and seriously investigating his claims.

Then Lance was never protected and in anyway Lance never cheated and was always clean.

And now all of a sudden, the UCI wants to save Lance's a*s with an amnesty? So now, all of a sudden all has been so rotten and overdoped that we need an amnesty? 180° move. Just additional evidence they have been liars and corrupt manipulators all the time. All that cycling needs is lifetime bans for all this dirty guys who will never learn, including Pat & Hein.

[Let's hope I am completely wrong that they are trying to get LA out of this with the amnesty, but then again, amnesty can only be for riders who confess, right? Lance will never confess. Grandfather of all liars]

Evidence of complete failure and incapacity. Step off Fat Pat!

la.margna said:
And now all of a sudden, the UCI wants to save Lance's a*s with an amnesty? So now, all of a sudden all has been so rotten and overdoped that we need an amnesty? 180° move. Just additional evidence they have been liars and corrupt manipulators all the time.

What's the coverup here? Clearly Armstrong has something so wicked on Hein and Pat that they willingly embarrass themselves, and threaten their standing with the IOC almost daily. My guess is Wiesel is in whatever it is. What could be so awful?

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Defo another attempt to sweep it all under the carpet. An amnesty is not the same as truth and reconciliation which can only happen with different people in control. Pat is part of the problem not the salutation. Truth means heads must role..and must include suppliers being named, and methods being exposed. And it must NOT be handled by the UCI.
In my honest opinion WADA must threaten removal of oversight and thus Olympic participation until an outside body, perhaps CAS , holds truth and reconciliatory hearings. Team doctors and dodgy DS,s HAVE to go and the UCI restructured so its no longer involved in promotion and sticks purely to enforcement of regs. There can never be a clean sport with that obvious conflict of interest.

DirtyWorks said:
You, are crazy like a fox.

:D

it definitely seems that pat recently got his marching orders from armstrong and verdruggen. this way -- if armstrong gets to keep his tours -- he incurs no financial liability and keeps his fortune.

meanwhile, those who dared to speak the truth about him will still get punished.

and you wonder why everyone fears speaking out.

pat and verdruggen are criminals. their behavior and actions are criminal. until they are removed the uci is a criminal organization. and whatever armstrong has on them both must be huge...

LauraLyn

BANNED
Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
What's the coverup here? Clearly Armstrong has something so wicked on Hein and Pat that they willingly embarrass themselves, and threaten their standing with the IOC almost daily. My guess is Wiesel is in whatever it is. What could be so awful?

But I think this is now over. Lance is under the bus. Maybe not yet run over, but waiting for the bus to be put in gear. And they will then reverse and try to ride him further and further into the ground. He is the UCI's ticket out, the scapegoat.

You are right about Weisel (I think). We should not forget USA Cycling.

The amnesty is the next UCI strategy. Lance is history in their books.