• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Question Member Awards 2020

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Wait, am I the one who's to fetch snacks and drinks? :astonished::rage:
Nah, nah Bluey, thadain't what he meant. Fuggedaboudit! Here's the keys to my ca', if you could just park it in the canal, i'll be shu' to tell da barone about wada good sport you been over he'ya. No need to fetch us drinks. Just don' open da trunk and don' attract the attention of the boys in blue, ok kid? Don't you wowwy no mo' about dem forum members dat gone missing lately.

Last edited:
Nah, nah Bluey, thadain't what he meant. Fuggedaboudit! Here's the keys to my ca', if you could just park it in the canal, i'll be shu' to tell da barone about wada good sport you been over he'ya. No need to fetch us drinks. Just don' open da trunk and don' attract the attention of the boys in blue, ok kid? Don't you wowwy no mo' about dem forum members dat gone missing lately.
While you're at it, go home and get your shine box.

(A)BSP: I shall nominate @sir fly, because apparently he's a better shot putter than I'm a cyclist, and I'm a darn good cyclist.

By the way, I really like your new signature, but don't get too confident here... I do have some shot putting experience from school as well! Okay, I was absolutely lousy, but I did it... every year at least once, we do have these athletics competitions, the Bundesjugendspiele - and it also was a topic in sports in 10th grade or something.
After just getting passed by by some 14 or 15 year old teenagers while pedaling pretty strong this afternoon my cycling ego is down, though.

Okay, so these are the current nominees:

Nibalist No1: Red Rick, Rollthedice, Eclipse
The Rumour Mill: Mayomaniac
The Shadow Hunter: WKA, Libertine
Best Hit and Run Performance: Descender
Most Ardent Dreamer: BlueRoads, Koronin, Tonton
Fashionista: Rollthedice
(A)BSP: RedheadDane, Cookster, sir fly
B(rav)est Crosser: 42...
Sphinx: Unchained
The Drop: Libertine
Sandisfan award: Sandisfan

@SHADOW93, I did not really understand that one post of yours - for which category are you applying?

Okay, so these are the current nominees:

Nibalist No1: Red Rick, Rollthedice, Eclipse
The Rumour Mill: Mayomaniac
The Shadow Hunter: WKA, Libertine
Best Hit and Run Performance: Descender
Most Ardent Dreamer: BlueRoads, Koronin, Tonton
Fashionista: Rollthedice
(A)BSP: RedheadDane, Cookster, sir fly
B(rav)est Crosser: 42...
Sphinx: Unchained
The Drop: Libertine
Sandisfan award: Sandisfan

@SHADOW93, I did not really understand that one post of yours - for which category are you applying?
Most Ardent Dreamer: Tonton
The Drop: Libertine Seguros

Reactions: BlueRoads
Can you explain about DAOTEC?
DAOTEC (acronym for "Does Anybody Out There Even Care?") was an old-timer poster who came across from the Dutch-speaking 'prikbord' where he posted as RockRacing. He was a Dutch guy who had a huge love for South American - especially Colombian - cycling, and loved Óscar Sevilla.

DAOTEC had certain threads that they lived for, because DAOTEC liked to win the internets. The transfer rumours thread, the new jerseys kit (hence the preposterous "tenues and exotics" title it often gets), the retirements thread and, bizarrely, the members of the public dying in bike crashes thread, were DAOTEC's zone. DAOTEC also appeared to enjoy smoking "da erb" so to speak and would lace their posts with emoticons relating to that, along with a range of nonsensical and bizarre gifs. He had a habit of talking to other posters using random honorifics and politeness protocols, so my parody title for the award is based on writing it in the style of a DAOTEC post.

DAOTEC used to trawl all manner of sites, mostly Spanish-speaking, for news relating to these threads and especially to South American races, and post what looked like google-translated versions of all of them, peppering his speech with random Spanish (hence my use of deliberate google translate Spanish in the parody award title), in a bid to be the first to break news, and to be the pre-eminent expert on South American cycling on the board. In fact, in order to break news, he would post actual gibberish and then edit in news stories later to make it look like he was first to break the story, and it also meant he would post incorrect stuff verbatim and fall for prank news continuously, like the time he argued with me that Italian women's team Safi-Pasta Zara were in fact an American team that was closing, rather than a team which was picking up an American licence, because he'd copy-pasted an article which had accidentally included them under the wrong heading, and by the time I checked, they had corrected it, and he contradicted THEM because DAOTEC hated being called wrong; or the time he posted Ángel Vicioso's fake retirement message about becoming a priest, then when he was called out for falling for a joke, pretended he was in on it. He had an endless list of fake Movistar lineups for 2011 which included such gems as them signing Patrik Sinkewitz, and DS José Luís Arrieta wearing team kit in the photo because they were going to photoshop Franco Pellizotti's head in later. And he always, always, always unfailingly included Eusebio Unzué as a rider. If ever you called out one of these falsehoods, you'd just get a post saying something like "You just wait esse. They coming"

The other problem DAOTEC had was that he had a rival for lording it over the South American cycling scene on the forum, in Ryo Hazuki. You'd think two Dutch guys who love Latin American cycling would get on well, but you'd be wrong. Maybe it's because Ryo was convinced nobody dopes in the sport except Óscar Sevilla (he even defended Ivaïlo Gabrovski and insulted sceptical posters for not watching enough Bulgarian cycling to know this great champion - of course, he then took a month in hiding after the 34-year-old Bulgarian who rode away from everybody on a HC mountain and then chased every break from some pretty strong riders solo for almost a week turned out to test positive). Either way, DAO got banned for taking things too far with a mod, then posted the details of his ban from a sockpuppet account when somebody asked where DAOTEC was. He resurfaced a while later as "snackattack" leading to the epic thread for the Clásico RCN in 2012 where everybody knew it was DAOTEC (including the mods, who had him on a leash) except Ryo who tried to convince everybody it wasn't. Ryo ended up getting into a gif war with DAO which was like trying to beat LaFlo in a Contador fandom contest, eventually it dawned on him he was talking to DAOTEC and so to try to hide his embarrassment at getting played like that and making himself look like a chump, he started revealing personal information including that DAO's son was a teenage speed-skater who was accused of doping and DAO's real name. He'd actually been discussed under his actual name at one point on the Clinic before that without anybody knowing it was him.

Last edited:
DAOTEC (acronym for "Does Anybody Out There Even Care?") was an old-timer poster who came across from the Dutch-speaking 'prikbord' where he posted as RockRacing. He was a Dutch guy who had a huge love for South American - especially Colombian - cycling, and loved Óscar Sevilla.

DAOTEC had certain threads that they lived for, because DAOTEC liked to win the internets. The transfer rumours thread, the new jerseys kit (hence the preposterous "tenues and exotics" title it often gets), the retirements thread and, bizarrely, the members of the public dying in bike crashes thread, were DAOTEC's zone. DAOTEC also appeared to enjoy smoking "da erb" so to speak and would lace their posts with emoticons relating to that, along with a range of nonsensical and bizarre gifs. He had a habit of talking to other posters using random honorifics and politeness protocols, so my parody title for the award is based on writing it in the style of a DAOTEC post.

DAOTEC used to trawl all manner of sites, mostly Spanish-speaking, for news relating to these threads and especially to South American races, and post what looked like google-translated versions of all of them, peppering his speech with random Spanish (hence my use of deliberate google translate Spanish in the parody award title), in a bid to be the first to break news, and to be the pre-eminent expert on South American cycling on the board. In fact, in order to break news, he would post actual gibberish and then edit in news stories later to make it look like he was first to break the story, and it also meant he would post incorrect stuff verbatim and fall for prank news continuously, like the time he argued with me that Italian women's team Safi-Pasta Zara were in fact an American team that was closing, rather than a team which was picking up an American licence, because he'd copy-pasted an article which had accidentally included them under the wrong heading, and by the time I checked, they had corrected it, and he contradicted THEM because DAOTEC hated being called wrong; or the time he posted Ángel Vicioso's fake retirement message about becoming a priest, then when he was called out for falling for a joke, pretended he was in on it. He had an endless list of fake Movistar lineups for 2011 which included such gems as them signing Patrik Sinkewitz, and DS José Luís Arrieta wearing team kit in the photo because they were going to photoshop Franco Pellizotti's head in later. And he always, always, always unfailingly included Eusebio Unzué as a rider. If ever you called out one of these falsehoods, you'd just get a post saying something like "You just wait esse. They coming"

The other problem DAOTEC had was that he had a rival for lording it over the South American cycling scene on the forum, in Ryo Hazuki. You'd think two Dutch guys who love Latin American cycling would get on well, but you'd be wrong. Maybe it's because Ryo was convinced nobody dopes in the sport except Óscar Sevilla (he even defended Ivaïlo Gabrovski and insulted sceptical posters for not watching enough Bulgarian cycling to know this great champion - of course, he then took a month in hiding after the 34-year-old Bulgarian who rode away from everybody on a HC mountain and then chased every break from some pretty strong riders solo for almost a week turned out to test positive). Either way, DAO got banned for taking things too far with a mod, then posted the details of his ban from a sockpuppet account when somebody asked where DAOTEC was. He resurfaced a while later as "snackattack" leading to the epic thread for the Clásico RCN in 2012 where everybody knew it was DAOTEC (including the mods, who had him on a leash) except Ryo who tried to convince everybody it wasn't. Ryo ended up getting into a gif war with DAO which was like trying to beat LaFlo in a Contador fandom contest, eventually it dawned on him he was talking to DAOTEC and so to try to hide his embarrassment at getting played like that and making himself look like a chump, he started revealing personal information including that DAO's son was a teenage speed-skater who was accused of doping and DAO's real name. He'd actually been discussed under his actual name at one point on the Clinic before that without anybody knowing it was him.

Wow. Thanks a lot for this lenghty explanation. That sounds very entertaining, crazy, sad, annoying and ridiculous at the same time and I'm a bit sorry to have missed all of this...

It didn't help that Ryo was frequently an aggressive, chauvinist POS with getting permabanned

Reactions: SHAD0W93
It didn't help that Ryo was frequently an aggressive, chauvinist POS with getting permabanned
Ryo would sometimes be so aggressive and chauvinist that it descended into self-parody, though, especially after his credibility had taken enough blows. Made it harder to take those posts seriously enough to be offended by them, in an Eric Cartman kind of way, such that his reputation was well-known enough for it to be pretty harmless even if he did try to push it a few times. Probably how he lasted so long before the permaban.

Reactions: 42x16ss
Nice, looks like I found this thread only a month too late. Oh well, I'm not that much into rating other people anyway with the obvious exception sweaty men cycling through Europe in skin tight suits.

But seriously, as much as talking about other people is part of human nature I think it's better not to turn forums into popularity contents which is what things like this eventually always end up as (no matter if it was intended that way or not). The "like feature" has pushed this forum further into that direction anyway and I think it has done so sufficiently already. So yeah, not a category, but my member award this year goes to all of you. Never change guys, you're all great as you are.

Reactions: Zams

TRENDING THREADS