• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Member Suspension Appreciation/Depreciation Thread

Page 111 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

irondan said:
the sceptic said:
JackRabbitSlims said:
how many times do you keep banning a member

who holds the record for the most bans

or most amount of time banned for......and allowed back

doing some searching it seems like The Hog has been banned 22 times.

hopefully he will come back soon, the clinic needs him.
The hog is due to return on the 26th of August.
if i may ask
- what was he banned for?
- why wasn't his ban reduced in spite of multiple requests from different posters?

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
ray j willings said:
I accepted my ban with grace but have a few points to raise.
Did I get banned for posting " cluck cluck" calling Froome a chicken ?
or did I get banned for just posting an opposing view in the Froome thread " tongue in cheek"

Looking at other posts it seems to me that if you go on a named riders thread i.e. Froome ,Bertie. etc and say anything other than how great they are you get accused of baiting or being a troll.

Should we start some new" named rider" threads where we are allowed to speak freely without being accused of trolling are baiting and are allowed to use the words " cluck cluck" or make a joke/banter comment without the threat of a ban.

Its ridiculous IMO to have a Contador [for example] thread and not expect negative comments it all part of the fun of being on a forum
As long as no one is abusive or threatening I don't see the problem with a bit of funny ,sometimes heated debate ....

I appreciate the job the mods do and the time they give up but its like walking on eggshells for some of us and yet some posters seem to get away with baiting ,trolling under the guidelines that seem to be set.

If a poster gets upset because of " cluck cluck or a different opinion that is not abusive or threatening then really that is their issue. How do these people cope in real life?

regards Ray J
clean cycling, clean moderation.
both wishful thinking.

sniper said:
irondan said:
the sceptic said:
JackRabbitSlims said:

if i may ask
- why wasn't his ban reduced in spite of multiple requests from different posters?

Hog's ban was issued by Daniel Benson himself. Reason was ''consistent trolling and ignoring warnings''.

Cheers.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

BigMac said:
sniper said:
irondan said:
the sceptic said:
JackRabbitSlims said:

if i may ask

Hog's ban was issued by Daniel Benson himself. Reason was ''consistent trolling and ignoring warnings''.

Cheers.
for real?
There's been a rumor that Race Radio talked into/convinced mods to get thehog banned.
This certainly lends credibility to that hypothesis.
I think Benson and RR are sort of close on twitter (correct me if wrong) and I wouldn't be surprised if they are acquainted professionally as well.
Also, iirc, RR left the forum pretty much after thehog received his last ban.
"mission accomplished"?

No, it was actually a result of it being Hog's 22th ban. If there was a conspirancy behind it, Mr. Hog likely wouldn't be returning. That said, those things are far above my paygrade. Welcome the good man with open arms, he's found a new self.

Cheers.

sniper said:
for real?
There's been a rumor that Race Radio talked into/convinced mods to get thehog banned.
I think Benson and RR are sort of close on twitter (correct me if wrong) and I wouldn't be surprised if they are acquainted professionally as well.
"mission accomplished"?
Not to mention the fact that RR still posts here in this forum from time to time.

You should remember this since it was RR that got mad at you for the comments you made right before you got banned the last time.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

irondan said:
sniper said:
for real?
"mission accomplished"?
Not to mention the fact that RR still posts here in this forum from time to time.

You should remember this since it was RR that got mad at you for the comments you made right before you got banned the last time.
Thanks for proving my point ;)
In this case, too, he came in, attacked and ridiculed me (which was allowed by the mods), then practically stopped posting as soon as I was shut up by the mods (for unspecified reasons). Was RR warned for insulting me? :rolleyes:
Just smacks of favoritism.
(Which is alright btw, don't get me wrong, we all suffer from it.)

Regardless, please tell him (and others who took offense in my posts and started insulting me even though I wasn't talking to them) where to find / how to use the ignore button. :)
There's a whole thread dedicated to it, should be easy to send them a link.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

BigMac said:
No, it was actually a result of it being Hog's 22th ban. If there was a conspirancy behind it, Mr. Hog likely wouldn't be returning. That said, those things are far above my paygrade. Welcome the good man with open arms, he's found a new self.

Cheers.
conspiracy? your words not mine.
favoritism does not yet make a conspiracy.

sniper said:
irondan said:
sniper said:
for real?
"mission accomplished"?

In this case, too, he came in, attacked and ridiculed me (which was allowed by the mods), then practically stopped posting as soon as I was shut up by the mods (for unspecified reasons). Was RR warned for insulting me? :rolleyes:

Regardless, please tell him (and others who took offense in my posts and started insulting me even though I wasn't talking to them) where to find / how to use the ignore button. :)
I didn't prove anything for you, don't put words in my mouth.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au

irondan said:
sniper said:
irondan said:
sniper said:
for real?
"mission accomplished"?

I am glad you at least acknowledge how annoying that whole "Thanks for proving my point" is.

It's a common baiting tactic used by Race Radio.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

irondan said:
sniper said:
irondan said:
sniper said:
for real?
"mission accomplished"?

priceless, proving my point again.
this is exactly what i told RR in the lemond thread shortly before i got a one-month ban out of the blue.
he was doing exactly that, putting words in my mouth where he c/should have opted to just ignore me as i wasn't talking to him in the first place. I reported it to the mods, but seems it wasn't acted upon.
favoritism much?

sniper said:
irondan said:
sniper said:
irondan said:
sniper said:
for real?
"mission accomplished"?

priceless, proving my point again.
this is exactly what i told RR in the lemond thread shortly before i got a one-month ban out of the blue.
he was doing exactly that, putting words in my mouth where he c/should have opted to just ignore me as i wasn't talking to him in the first place. I reported it to the mods, but seems it wasn't acted upon.
favoritism much?

When RR took after Hoggie, RR was solid on the facts and Hoggie wasn't (not by a long ways). RR goaded Hoggie until Hoggie got banned. There was lots of wrong on both sides, and Hoggie just would not disengage. Of course, RR skates here and Hoggie has huge history that Cycling News must account for.

I once made the "mistake" of asserting that the partner of the scumbag UCI_Overlord was just as liable as UCI_Overlord for the damage caused by the partnership. I maintained my point in the face of RR's goading and ChewbaccaD's insults. Of course, Berzin banned me. When those three work together, it is the most awesome suppression.

Just recently, I asked a question on a thread and I got an answer that concluded with "...but of course you knew that." That's an example of low-grade goading. RR doesn't do low grade goading. He/She is an artist at it. I tip my hat.

One thing I've learned--hard as it is--is that when you feel the goad, it's time to disengage with the goader--especially when the goader is favored by the mods.

This is a forum about professional cycling--the filthiest sport in the world. You can't expect too much! :D
Have a good day, Sniper! :)

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
what an outrageous conspiracy theory, MarkvW!
Not sure why you are inventing things. ;)

for real, goading is the word. Funny how the mods punish it in the Sky threads, but allow RR to make it into an art.

goading 1:
http://forum.cyclingnews.imdserve.com/viewtopic.php?p=1774880&sid=8ae35da10d394fd9c9064f573246fbbc#p1774880

goading 2 (bottom of post):
http://forum.cyclingnews.imdserve.com/viewtopic.php?p=1774905&sid=8ae35da10d394fd9c9064f573246fbbc#p1774905

He also was pressing me to provide proof/evidence for a rumor. Think about it. Proof...for a rumor.
http://forum.cyclingnews.imdserve.com/viewtopic.php?p=1774824&sid=8ae35da10d394fd9c9064f573246fbbc#p1774824

And never mind that all those posts he is doing one thing: putting words in my mouth (ow the irony of irondan's post).
http://forum.cyclingnews.imdserve.com/viewtopic.php?p=1774952&sid=8ae35da10d394fd9c9064f573246fbbc#p1774952

It's stuff Sky trolls not rarely get banned for.
I reported it, nothing happened. Well something did happen, I got a month ban without prior warning for "trolling and baiting".

Here was my response to Race Radio, note the final phrase:
http://forum.cyclingnews.imdserve.com/viewtopic.php?p=1775044&sid=8ae35da10d394fd9c9064f573246fbbc#p1775044

Kafkaesque stuff, I tell you.
anyway, appreciate the background, puts things in perspective.

May 2, 2010
Visit site

42x16ss said:
thrawn said:
BigMac said:
Can't bother to take a look but sniper, sceptic and hog should all be back within a week or so.

Ryo and Foxxy too.

Should organise a betting pool for who will be the first to get re-banned.
The smart money is on Ryo or The Hog. Those two have been banned as often as the rest of the forum put together :D

The smart money was evidently on Sniper :D

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Re:

Dear Wiggo said:
3-4 posts, no warning (?) and rock solid proof of his argument = excessive complaining by Sniper?

Interesting.

Mrhender his going to be posting something, but for now I'll just make it known that excessive complaining was taking into account more than what was posted in this thread. Multiple mods had a lot of correspondence with Sniper in private.

Re: grace

the sceptic said:
ebandit said:
ray j willings said:
How do these people cope in real life?

but it's not real life...........a whole lot easier to be civil here on the forum

........welcome back......wear ya bans with pride.................

Mark L

Agreed. The mods have been doing good work lately when they banned TheSpud and Sky Tears.

So in the last 8 weeks how many have you spent banned? And how many days have I been banned?

You're right - the mods have been doing good work ...

Status
Not open for further replies.