• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Member Suspension Appreciation/Depreciation Thread

Page 123 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

ebandit said:
.........mods stifling debate with bans of del1962 and the spud................i guess i will be next?

Mark L

Fairly well deserved in this case.

When a poster just tried to block every post rather than contribute their own views it stifles debate. Nothing wrong with disagreement but to just block, block, block like a early 2000's Chelsea defence slows constructive postings.

Spud has been at it a while now. One week won't hurt him. He'll be back.

Re:

ebandit said:
.........mods stifling debate with bans of del1962 and the spud................i guess i will be next?

Mark L
All they were doing was revising history........ blocking, and then accusing others of doing the same..........

When you insist on replacing actual events with your own version of reality.............things like that will happen............

If you don't create your own version of events............chances are you'll be fine............

Re:

ebandit said:
.......if only everything was so clear cut........there! you're revising history already........i saw valid points

from del............there must be space for individual interpretation............

Mark L

It's was fairly clear. Spud was going for it. I chose to ignore his posts because you could tell it was straight up trolling on his behalf. Del refused to offer a counter, then became accusatory and mocked other posters. If he just provided a counter argument rather than telling everyone else they are wrong he wouldn't have been banned.

It's was straightforward.

jolly

..........first tailwind (whom accepted ok......time to move on)........now fearless .....surely members

are entitled to ask?

suppose i should consider my self lucky not to banned in recent days...............errr........waiit........

Mark L

......remember 'tis the season to be jolly.............jolly silly

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
If the poster who posts under his initial & surname and was addressed by his first name by FGL (which led to his warning which ultimately led to his 3 day ban) is the same poster identified by initial & surname and first name in a Cycling News tweet then it's probably fair to say that FGL's warning was harsh, his argument that he shouldn't have been warned was justified rather than excessive, and that his warning and ban should be rescinded.

Cyclingnews.com ‏@Cyclingnewsfeed · 9 mins9 minutes ago
Five key points of @chrisfroome's data, via US physiologist xxxxxx A. Coggan (@acoggan). http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/five-key-points-of-chris-froomes-physiological-data/

Re:

Fearless Greg Lemond said:
I like Del so I think his ban is harsh.

I do not like Spud very much so I think his ban is justifiable.

Too be frank, Del shoots straight, Spud isnt so rightious, I think.

I dont know why you were banned so cant comment. But why do you judge a bans harshness on whether you like someone?

simples

image.jpg

Mark L

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: Re:

JackRabbitSlims said:
ray j willings said:
Well I'm lost for words . I got it completely wrong and have come to the conclusion that I have no idea what warrants a ban.

Theres a small explanation in the "members suspension" thread - take a look

That explains nothing. Being as you got me banned why don't you tell me what exactly I said that got you running to the mods. I'm serious . I have no idea why I was banned the accusations are bonkers.
I really would like the mods to have some clarity over bans because as far as I'm aware the line seems to be drawn in different places for different people.

ray j willings said:
JackRabbitSlims said:
ray j willings said:
Well I'm lost for words . I got it completely wrong and have come to the conclusion that I have no idea what warrants a ban.

That explains nothing. Being as you got me banned why don't you tell me what exactly I said that got you running to the mods. I'm serious . I have no idea why I was banned the accusations are bonkers.
I really would like the mods to have some clarity over bans because as far as I'm aware the line seems to be drawn in different places for different people.

Simple rule. Avoid being a jerk. That keeps you well out of ban territory most of the time (now that Berzin seems to be inactive, anyway). It could fairly be argued that you are baiting ("running to the mods...") JRS with this post. You are being a jerk. Stop being a jerk and the banhammer will fade away.

MarkvW said:
ray j willings said:
JackRabbitSlims said:
ray j willings said:

Simple rule. Avoid being a jerk. That keeps you well out of ban territory most of the time (now that Berzin seems to be inactive, anyway). It could fairly be argued that you are baiting ("running to the mods...") JRS with this post. You are being a jerk. Stop being a jerk and the banhammer will fade away.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5443&start=60

For clarity Ray.

The mods read the PM's you keep sending me and agreed it was getting a little creepy.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site

JackRabbitSlims said:
MarkvW said:
ray j willings said:
JackRabbitSlims said:
ray j willings said:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5443&start=60

For clarity Ray.

The mods read the PM's you keep sending me and agreed it was getting a little creepy.

There is something strange going on because I have only ever sent you 4 PMS.
The first one was on the 31st of august I have not sent you anything else .
I have checked. WTF is going on. I'm happy to let the mods check my PMs. Here they are below all 4.
None of my responses warrant a ban. Your initial insults/comments caused the response.

the first one is this

JackRabbitSlims, could you help as I could not find a link. I am having trouble posting photos from my Phone [Nokia 630] How do you post yours?
I'm finding it a real pain to post them.

regards Ray J

the second one was 1st of September

Quote ray j willings

Sent: 01 Sep 2015 09:44
by ray j willings

Thanks Jack. I will give that a go. Been on a few other sites but they are a pain.

the 3rd one after This was after you posted that I get preferential treatment by the mods.

Sent: 10 Nov 2015 23:24
To: JackRabbitSlims

What's your problem? I got a ban.
Ever since I posted my Weight Weenie Trek I have had no end of Shi%%Y comments and snide remarks.
Have you missed all them. The mods haven't

I answered all questions about my bike and gave a breakdown of all the parts and weights out of good faith. if I had known there was so many jealous posters I would not have posted it. I have been called a liar or "I don't believe you" on more than one occasion .many times in-fact. None of these things happened before I posted my bike.
I Started the pro gear thread out of good faith but again the remarks and comments
keep coming.

Nearly everything I post gets jumped upon. I get deliberately miss quoted and some of you seem to have the ability to know what I think and post it as though I actually said it.

I am a big boy and I will not be intimidated by jealous idiots and if I get another ban so be it , but I can see from your post you wanted a response and you have got one .

I GOT A Ban So I ask you again what's your problem with me? Looks like your trying to stir things up with your post, you jealous as well?

Bye then

The 4th
responding to your comment below
JackRabbitSlims wrote:
"at around 4% Body Fat men start to suffer from quite severe hormonal irregularities...... :D"

JRS . Again it only confirms that I was right about your post " these guys know what they are talking about" that was deliberately phrased that way, so you had a out .
Its a shame you can't refrain from all the childish comments and have a nice chat about bikes but you don't seem to have the intelligence to do that.
I tell it like it is and if I get a ban I get a ban. I don't sneak around with cheap jibes or sneaky innuendo. That's the cowards way. You and your mates obviously have a issue with me the last posts prove that. You cannot move on.
And like I said before and for clarity these words are aimed at you and your hater mates
"I don't give a ****" I certainly don't post for you. Infact if you and your hater mates didn't post again that would be fine by me. I'm not going anywhere.
Ray

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site

MarkvW said:
ray j willings said:
JackRabbitSlims said:
ray j willings said:

Why don't you mind your own business.
Take note of your own words and stop being a interfering Jerk

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
ray j willings

I think at this point everyone is understanding that you are in disagreement with your ban.

It also seems clear that the above discussion is going nowhere.

Therefore it really is time to move on.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Re:

mrhender said:
ray j willings

I think at this point everyone is understanding that you are in disagreement with your ban.

I have posted all the PM's I sent JRS .
Can you tell me what about them warrants a ban and how is it harassment or "creepy" I have only responeded to JRS PM''s, 2 of which insulted me.

How come JRS can insult me and not get a ban yet my response warrants a ban?

WTF IS GOING ON?

The posts exactly prove my point . JRS can insult me and call me names yet when I respond I get a ban? WTF

ray j willings said:
mrhender said:
ray j willings

I have posted all the PM's I sent JRS .
Can you tell me what about them warrants a ban and how is it harassment or "creepy" I have only responeded to JRS PM''s, 2 of which insulted me.

How come JRS can insult me and not get a ban yet my response warrants a ban?

WTF IS GOING ON?

The posts exactly prove my point . JRS can insult me and call me names yet when I respond I get a ban? WTF
You were banned for harassing jackrabbitslim in your last PM. If you can't see that the words that you wrote were designed to belittle and harass jack then we can't help you.

Mrhender asked you to move on but you continue to complain about a ban that you most certainly deserved.

Please move on ray, we don't really want this to escalate any more than it already has.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I can't find anything creepy in the PM's that are posted here. Pretty straight forward. That was what got you banned RJW, the part where you call him or her out / insults.

The post where Markvw call RJW a jerk is classic. He gets to call dude a jerk and calling names is clearly against the rules but yet gets away with it as if he was baiting RJW into a meltdown.

So it appears from the outside that RJW defended himself against more than one person and got banninated for it.

I'm not saying what the moderators done was wrong ---just it reads as if there is two sides to this story.

Glenn_Wilson said:
I can't find anything creepy in the PM's that are posted here. Pretty straight forward. That was what got you banned RJW, the part where you call him or her out / insults.

The post where Markvw call RJW a jerk is classic. He gets to call dude a jerk and calling names is clearly against the rules but yet gets away with it as if he was baiting RJW into a meltdown.

So it appears from the outside that RJW defended himself against more than one person and got banninated for it.

I'm not saying what the moderators done was wrong ---just it reads as if there is two sides to this story.

When a member places his own conduct on the forum as a subject for discussion (as opposed to a PM or a dialog with the mods), then the member invites criticism of that conduct.

MarkvW said:
Glenn_Wilson said:

When a member places his own conduct on the forum as a subject for discussion (as opposed to a PM or a dialog with the mods), then the member invites criticism of that conduct.

So your wrong is made right by his wrong?

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Like I said a complete double standard. Hypocrisy.
People can insult me but soon as I defend myself in a similar style I get banned.
As for harassment. it was JRS who made the childish snarky insulting remarks against me first. I just responded to his pathetic attempts to insult me. If anyone got harassed it was me and for him JRS to use language like creepy after he insults me and the mods let him use that language is BULLCRUD AND INSULTING. You can see the PMS Nothing creepy about them. Mod's need to see that posters like JRS deliberately bait and antagonise and get away with it.
Hypocrisy at its finest.
I will most likely get a ban for this post , you know telling the truth, sticking up for myself.

ray j willings said:
Like I said a complete double standard. Hypocrisy.
People can insult me but soon as I defend myself in a similar style I get banned.
As for harassment. it was JRS who made the childish snarky insulting remarks against me first. I just responded to his pathetic attempts to insult me. If anyone got harassed it was me and for him JRS to use language like creepy after he insults me and the mods let him use that language is BULLCRUD AND INSULTING. You can see the PMS Nothing creepy about them. Mod's need to see that posters like JRS deliberately bait and antagonise and get away with it.
Hypocrisy at its finest.
I will most likely get a ban for this post , you know telling the truth, sticking up for myself.

Peace and love, man. Welcome back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS