• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Member Suspension Appreciation/Depreciation Thread

Page 125 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re:

ebandit said:
roundabout said:
I haven't read every post in that sorry excuse for a thread, but the posts by 86tdfwinner that I managed to read seem to be merely calling spade a spade.

ain't that the truth........and the forum big hitters wade in accusing others..

...........forgetting their own posts

Mark L
I see the thread has now been locked. A perfectly acceptable topic which could have seen some interesting discussion ruined by loads of insulting and off-topic posts. Mission accomplished, I guess.

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site

Maxiton said:
roundabout said:
I haven't read every post in that sorry excuse for a thread, but the posts by 86tdfwinner that I managed to read seem to be merely calling spade a spade.

For what it's worth I didn't have any problem with any of his posts that I saw. In fact I haven't had any problem with any posts in there - until today. Until today, some of the posts were immature, and clearly from people who couldn't be bothered to read and think, but I didn't see them as trolling. For the most part, discussion has been reasonable and interesting.

Today, however, some people are starting to troll (one of them even boasts about it) and I don't appreciate it. If you've got something to add to the discussion then add it by all means. But it accomplishes nothing to troll the thread, and shows poor judgement.

....yeah, terrible when the usual Clinic noise drowns out potentially meaningful/useful information/discussion...

Cheers

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

blutto said:
Maxiton said:
roundabout said:

For what it's worth I didn't have any problem with any of his posts that I saw. In fact I haven't had any problem with any posts in there - until today. Until today, some of the posts were immature, and clearly from people who couldn't be bothered to read and think, but I didn't see them as trolling. For the most part, discussion has been reasonable and interesting.

Today, however, some people are starting to troll (one of them even boasts about it) and I don't appreciate it. If you've got something to add to the discussion then add it by all means. But it accomplishes nothing to troll the thread, and shows poor judgement.

....yeah, terrible when the usual Clinic noise drowns out potentially meaningful/useful information/discussion...

Cheers
Saw that blutto.

You would think that the Lemond thread would have been a good place for discussion but you and I both know how that ended up for all involved.

This tread from the beginning was a pretty awesome -----. I enjoyed it. Blutto did you happened to come across the posts about Lance being the one and only true champion or the sweating clenb if they ate that much beef? I went back and read the whole thread, pretty good entertainment in it.

cheers.

Re:

ebandit said:
....talk about dodging the ?................... now imagine if similar thread was created

praising wiggo.....froome ................under a title true clean role models

Mark L
Maxiton did not make any assumptions about Contador's cleanliness. He just wrote why in his opinion Contador is a champion despite his doping. Agree or disagree it is Maxiton's opinion and he is entitled to it. To mock/troll him for that and derail the thread and prevent any meaningful discussion from happening is totally uncalled for.
Someone is trolling when they post something with the sole purpose of irritating other posters. So Maxiton was not trolling even though his opinion may have irritated you because you did not agree with it. It is not his fault if you are so easily annoyed. Now build a bridge and get the *** over it.

Re:

ebandit said:
ha ha.............how often i hear members say don't get annoyed when their point is weak

surely? you can see hailing alberto as 'the true champion' not just a champion will annoy

many in the clinic

Mark L
I'm a little lost over what member's suspension we're talking about?

Please take your conversation to the sidebar thread if you have nothing to add to the topic at hand.

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=21913&hilit=sidebar

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site

LaFlorecita said:
ebandit said:
....talk about dodging the ?................... now imagine if similar thread was created

praising wiggo.....froome ................under a title true clean role models

Mark L
Maxiton did not make any assumptions about Contador's cleanliness. He just wrote why in his opinion Contador is a champion despite his doping. Agree or disagree it is Maxiton's opinion and he is entitled to it. To mock/troll him for that and derail the thread and prevent any meaningful discussion from happening is totally uncalled for.
Someone is trolling when they post something with the sole purpose of irritating other posters. So Maxiton was not trolling even though his opinion may have irritated you because you did not agree with it. It is not his fault if you are so easily annoyed. Now build a bridge and get the **** over it.

....well said....

Cheers

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site

Glenn_Wilson said:
blutto said:
Maxiton said:
roundabout said:

Cheers
Saw that blutto.

You would think that the Lemond thread would have been a good place for discussion but you and I both know how that ended up for all involved.

This tread from the beginning was a pretty awesome -----. I enjoyed it. Blutto did you happened to come across the posts about Lance being the one and only true champion or the sweating clenb if they ate that much beef? I went back and read the whole thread, pretty good entertainment in it.

cheers.

....gotta say even after a couple of days the way this thread ultimately played out still feels weird ( see Flo's post above for some good thoughts on this )....

....interesting that you would bring up that particular chapter of the LeMond thread at this point because I had forgotten about that earth shattering kaboom ( rumour has it that is was so big that it actually created gravitational waves.....and the aftermath was horrific....body parts were strewn everywhere and many august posters condemned to the gulag of the banned....about the only good thing that happened is that a particulary trouble-some black-hole disappeared from this place....)....

...now where was I going with this ?......oh yeah....now, if I were a conspiratorial sort, which of course I'm not, but lets assume for a second I may be, then I could conceivably think that there is a hidden trip wire that was hit in both of those threads that resulted in bedlam, banishments, lockdowns, and a sense of frustration that has had some valued members of this forum thinking long and hard about their participation here and some in fact leaving ( which btw is in my opinion the worst outcome of this mess )....

....it might be nice to have some comments from those responsible for the lockdown ...would definitely help make sense of this....because the idea brought up was most worthwhile, and yeah the usual noise sources started their wails, but nothing out of the ordinary....so what gives....is there a trip wire ?....do we have a dark conspiracy here in our wee shire ?....some clarity would help sweep away the dark and we would be able to sleep well tonight........

Cheers

blutto said:
....gotta say even after a couple of days the way this thread ultimately played out still feels weird ( see Flo's post above for some good thoughts on this )....

....interesting that you would bring up that particular chapter of the LeMond thread at this point because I had forgotten about that earth shattering kaboom ( rumour has it that is was so big that it actually created gravitational waves.....and the aftermath was horrific....body parts were strewn everywhere and many august posters condemned to the gulag of the banned....about the only good thing that happened is that a particulary trouble-some black-hole disappeared from this place....)....

...now where was I going with this ?......oh yeah....now, if I were a conspiratorial sort, which of course I'm not, but lets assume for a second I may be, then I could conceivably think that there is a hidden trip wire that was hit in both of those threads that resulted in bedlam, banishments, lockdowns, and a sense of frustration that has had some valued members of this forum thinking long and hard about their participation here and some in fact leaving ( which btw is in my opinion the worst outcome of this mess )....

....it might be nice to have some comments from those responsible for the lockdown ...would definitely help make sense of this....because the idea brought up was most worthwhile, and yeah the usual noise sources started their wails, but nothing out of the ordinary....so what gives....is there a trip wire ?....do we have a dark conspiracy here in our wee shire ?....some clarity would help sweep away the dark and we would be able to sleep well tonight........

Cheers
My reply to your comment can be seen in the Moderators thread.

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/viewtopic.php?p=1865249#p1865249

Re:

ebandit said:
.......do you really think that creating thread praising ones fave

rider in the clinic is not trolling?

Mark L

I saw it as a preventative measure in anticipation of what direction the conversation might go. Actually posting the thread in the Clinic, IMO, was done to lessen the potential for it being closed. Obviously the OP underestimated the lengths (and depths) some would go to derail the thread. He expressed an opinion and asked for discussion/feedback and that is what he received initially. What it came down to in its simplest terms is that those that strongly dislike Contador felt that the thread was a sham and waste of forum space and did their best to steer the discussion away from anything resembling civility in hopes that the thread would blow up. I think the mods took the wrong approach by closing the thread but theirs is a tough job.

May 14, 2010
Visit site

Angliru said:
ebandit said:
.......do you really think that creating thread praising ones fave

rider in the clinic is not trolling?

Mark L

I saw it as a preventative measure in anticipation of what direction the conversation might go. Actually posting the thread in the Clinic, IMO, was done to lessen the potential for it being closed. Obviously the OP underestimated the lengths (and depths) some would go to derail the thread. He expressed an opinion and asked for discussion/feedback and that is what he received initially. What it came down to in its simplest terms is that those that strongly dislike Contador felt that the thread was a sham and waste of forum space and did their best to steer the discussion away from anything resembling civility in hopes that the thread would blow up. I think the mods took the wrong approach by closing the thread but theirs is a tough job.

It's back open now. :)

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
So I get a 3 day ban for this
" Well obviously you cannot write a protest on a electronic vote . That's you just being stupid "again"
I was quite clearly talking about the point/comment that BK made.
It was a stupid remark and he was just being pedantic/childish in making that remark.

I was not in any way calling BK stupid ,just commentating on his remark being stupid.

if someone makes a stupid remark/comment are we not allowed to say something or should I have reported BK for being sarcastic or childish. Like I said I before I have stopped reporting such trivial personal comments.
Its pointless. If I have a problem I will send them a PM.

I/ we should allowed to make comment on a remark and this is another case of the mods being over zealous and another case of a poster " BK " showing his true colours. He could easily have let that pass. He could have sent me a
PM and I would have explained my comment.
I hardly post these days. Not even in the pro thread a thread I started up. I was happy posting lost of photos and tech but the thinly disguised comments of hate still shine through from the usual suspects BK etc.
Its a shame that posters can't get past this. I have tried to move on and have been diplomatic in posts but some posters cant let it go. Its like posting on egg shells on this site.
Its a shame a few posters cannot let their hang ups go.
I ride superlight bikes and I can ride fast so get over it. Oh you can't

peace ya all

I think you will find that two posters where derailing the thread, and the moderator could not cope with a lighthearted questioning of their post.

Very OTT suspension imo

But that has been the case on here for a while, the reason I had a voluntay sabbtical after my OTT ban by a mod who subsequently in this thread made disingenuous comments about me deleting parts of posts as a tactic when it was self-moderation in fact.

Re:

del1962 said:
I think you will find that two posters where derailing the thread, and the moderator could not cope with a lighthearted questioning of their post.

Very OTT suspension imo

But that has been the case on here for a while, the reason I had a voluntay sabbtical after my OTT ban by a mod who subsequently in this thread made disingenuous comments about me deleting parts of posts as a tactic when it was self-moderation in fact.

I’m with you. I suspect the mods have too much time on their hands and have draw up a sophisticated algorithm to assist in their modding. Firstly they have a list of users they dislike then they added in key words and type of posts that they are against. This makes sure that no one can make more than one post which might give any type of support to Sky. As you well know Bobbins is a big Sky fan and supports everything about them riding clean :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.