• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Member Suspension Appreciation/Depreciation Thread

Page 159 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
red_flanders said:
sniper said:
BullsFan22 said:
So Sniper chose not to come back to the forum after his ban was up? That's a pity, because he had some good stuff in the Clinic.

I wonder how many users decide not post anymore after their bans end, irrespective of the length of the ban. I've noticed a few others have done the same. Oh well.
Thanks Bullsfan, appreciate it.

To be honest, I simply didn't have time to post in the past couple of weeks/months (and won't have in the coming weeks either).
The ban didn't have much to do with it. Sure, I thought it was exaggerated, but I thought the same about my previous bans :D and still I kept coming back. This place is just too good and I'm still reading in here on a daily basis.
So the fact I've stopped posting is mainly due to a lack of time, plus the fact that I got more active on twitter (you find me there as @ewonsprokler), and although I don't tweet much at the moment, that platform is giving me all i need for now.

Having said that, I will definitely be back here when I have more time on my hands (Lemond fans behold ;) ).
Posters like yourself, benotti, thehitch, freddythefrog, veganrob, blutto, semperfidelis, tienus, kingboonen, cathwoorg, and a host of others (even most of the guys I used to be at odds with in the Lemond thread) are well worth coming back for.

While I find twitter to be more dynamic (and at the moment also better informed), the Clinic has the undeniable advantage that things remain searchable and discussions don't just disappear. It's still - and it will remain - with some distance the best forum for discussing doping. And (anti)doping is the gift that keeps giving.

Rest assured, Team Sky's skeletons will come falling out of the closet. It is a matter of when, not if.
And when they do, there will be a lot to talk about. As Digger has repeatedly hinted at, there is so much info out there, but it's 'with the lawyers', so to say.
The motor issue will also gain new traction sooner than later, I'm quite confident, and seeing as UCI are balls deep involved in the cover up that will give plenty to talk about, too.
So certainly, come TdF, I'll be unable to help myself and chime in here to spout nonsense and spread unsubstantiated rumors. :D

A real pity about blackcat. Suffice to say The Cat will not be forgotten.

Catch y'all later.

So to summarize, trolling works better on an unmoderated media channel with legions of uninformed and reactive participants.

....such a sweet man , and so consistently so....with not even a rumour of sour....

Cheers

Re:

kingjr said:
Who was he though? Didn't really pay attention, but now I'm curious.
I routinely check new and newish members information versus all the other account information that we have in the database. If I get a hit then I start to ask questions.

This person didn't like that I asked them any questions and became quite belligerent and uncooperative. Needless to say, one of the biggest forum rules that there is is that everyone is only allowed to have one account. Any more and you run the risk of having them all nuked.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Re: Re:

Irondan said:
aphronesis said:
fanboys die hard.

anyway @ dan, is the other account banned or just moot?
I banned both accounts.

The other one is "mancysboy".
well done dan !

he's also a poster who placed a disgusting sexual innuendo for which blutto got improperly moderated by a new mod (KB?) instead of the new mod going after the disgusting sexually implicit impropriety author (duffy)...

anyways, i sensed a dog (and a trouble with duffy) the very 1st time he quoted me in the politics (which wasn't confrontational at the time)...later, upon me pointing to his excessive political affinity to labeling, he went aggressive in a way i could associate with another poster from the past that frequently flamed the us politics thread with lecturing the yanks...i am not a yankee, but the trolling manner and the style between duffy and that poster (kwikki ?) raised a flag in my memory...i posted so in the us politics along with semper and blutto... all of us purposely vague. mindful not to cross the new sock puppet rule...

anyways, hope the permaban holds and if kwikki wasn't what i thought, i am ready to eat my hat.

python said:
Irondan said:
aphronesis said:
fanboys die hard.

I banned both accounts.

well done dan !

he's also a poster who placed a disgusting sexual innuendo for which blutto got improperly moderated by a new mod (KB?) instead of the new mod going after the disgusting sexually implicit impropriety author (duffy)...

anyways, i sensed a dog (and a trouble with duffy) the very 1st time he quoted me in the politics (which wasn't confrontational at the time)...later, upon me pointing to his excessive political affinity to labeling, he went aggressive in a way i could associate with another poster from the past that frequently flamed the us politics thread with lecturing the yanks...i am not a yankee, but the trolling manner and the style between duffy and that poster (kwikki ?) raised a flag in my memory...i posted so in the us politics along with semper and blutto... all of us purposely vague. mindful not to cross the new sock puppet rule...

anyways, hope the permaban holds and if kwikki wasn't what i thought, i am ready to eat my hat.
Interesting, I didn't link that mcduff account with the Kwikki account (yet). That clears up my suspicion that this member has had dealings with me before and not in a good way. I was certain that they had more than two accounts and this helps confirm that suspicion. I'll take some time to see if I can link the kwikki account too, no doubt that it won't be difficult.

Cheers aphro. :)

python said:
Irondan said:
aphronesis said:
fanboys die hard.

I banned both accounts.

well done dan !

The post you are referring to was deleted. Blutto and Semper both had posts edited to remove the post from quotes. Seems pretty sensible to me.

RedheadDane said:
lenric said:
I wonder why people create more than one account and use them simultaneously. Life has many more interesting things to do besides being on a forum.

Even if it hasn't, surely you could just spend all your time on a forum using the same account? It's not as if you can write from two accounts at the same time anyway...
Not if you've been previously permabanned from other accounts... :D

Irondan said:
RedheadDane said:
lenric said:
I wonder why people create more than one account and use them simultaneously. Life has many more interesting things to do besides being on a forum.

Even if it hasn't, surely you could just spend all your time on a forum using the same account? It's not as if you can write from two accounts at the same time anyway...

Aaah... I see. Trying to circumvent punishment for breaking rules by... breaking another rule.
Though... wasn't there a guy once who created a sockpuppet during a ban, and then he claimed that he didn't know you aren't allowed to do that... he just so happened to have tried it out during a ban.

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site

King Boonen said:
python said:
Irondan said:
aphronesis said:
fanboys die hard.

I banned both accounts.

well done dan !

The post you are referring to was deleted. Blutto and Semper both had posts edited to remove the post from quotes. Seems pretty sensible to me.

....if you'd like, I'll remove my reposts....they were put up to raise a bit of a dust storm to drawn some attention to something I suspected was more than a little sideways....they serve no useful purpose now and dumping them would make this place more , uhhhh, family friendly....

....and thanks guys ( KB. ID ) for your efforts....much appreciated...

Cheers

RedheadDane said:
Irondan said:
RedheadDane said:
lenric said:

Aaah... I see. Trying to circumvent punishment for breaking rules by... breaking another rule.
Though... wasn't there a guy once who created a sockpuppet during a ban, and then he claimed that he didn't know you aren't allowed to do that... he just so happened to have tried it out during a ban.
Yes, he promised he would never make another sockpuppet again. :lol:

blutto said:
King Boonen said:
python said:
Irondan said:
aphronesis said:
fanboys die hard.

I banned both accounts.

well done dan !

....if you'd like, I'll remove my reposts....they were put up to raise a bit of a dust storm to drawn some attention to something I suspected was more than a little sideways....they serve no useful purpose now and dumping them would make this place more , uhhhh, family friendly....

....and thanks guys ( KB. ID ) for your efforts....much appreciated...

Cheers
It's no problem, I think I removed all references to it but if you want to then feel free. I know you guys don't like much interference in that thread so I thought I'd edit rather than remove your posts.

RedheadDane said:
lenric said:

You can actually do precisely (as in literally) what I referred and you don't even need more than one computer. Hence the reason why moderating forums is so hard, because sometimes, to find out sockpuppets, you'll have to do a shitload of work, such as looking for behavioral patterns between possible sockpuppets and/or key words. (not sure if this can be here, so feel free to edit)

Naturally, I was referring to using more than one account daily, though I wouldn't be in the least surprised if there are (or were) some people here with 2+ accounts, being the last of them some kind of "fresh start".

You still can't write from two accounts at the same time. And surely it would be quicker - and not to mention easier - to simply continue writing from the same accounts, than to log out from one in order to log on with the other... Of course, I suppose some people do it in order to start an argument... :rolleyes:

---

Dan, you forgot about 'Bridget', his "wife". :p

What if someone forgets their password? As in, you have to enter your password to sign in, but this is the first time you had to do it in a long while because of a sudden shutdown or something else....

Anyway, I think having more than one account, and using more than one account to post here or any other forum on the inter webs is strange. It's almost like those that do this on a regular basis develop some sort of 'split personality.' You post as one person with your oldest account account, and you pretend to be a totally different individual with different writing patterns, etc...

BullsFan22 said:
What if someone forgets their password? As in, you have to enter your password to sign in, but this is the first time you had to do it in a long while because of a sudden shutdown or something else.....
I actually have two accounts because of this, I can't remember what the other one is but when the forum upgraded I tried to reset my password and it was on an account I'd set up ages ago and never used. I used it to ask for a password reset as I didn't have access to the email for this account anymore. You won't get suspended if you create an account, state it is you and say you are just using it to ask for an admin to reset your password. It is people posting from multiple accounts that is the problem.

Re:

RedheadDane said:
You still can't write from two accounts at the same time. And surely it would be quicker - and not to mention easier - to simply continue writing from the same accounts, than to log out from one in order to log on with the other... Of course, I suppose some people do it in order to start an argument... :rolleyes:

---

Dude, there's no need to (try to) be a smartass.
Obviously in my first post the meaning of "simultaneously" wasn't "at the sime time". I guess it was obvious, but not for you, apparently.

But like I said in my previous post, you can still use the same computer and post simultaneously without having tp log out. If you're ignorant about how to this that's ok, but that doesn't make it impossible.

BullsFan22 said:
What if someone forgets their password? As in, you have to enter your password to sign in, but this is the first time you had to do it in a long while because of a sudden shutdown or something else....

Anyway, I think having more than one account, and using more than one account to post here or any other forum on the inter webs is strange. It's almost like those that do this on a regular basis develop some sort of 'split personality.' You post as one person with your oldest account account, and you pretend to be a totally different individual with different writing patterns, etc...
I usually reset the password to the account that you began with and try to move any posts over to that account if there's not a boatload, if there's hardly any posts on the original account but a lot on the newer account then I'll just simply move the posts to the bigger account and close the older one. It's not a big deal to have a couple accounts for the reason that you and KB are talking about, that happens and it's not a problem. That's all I was asking the Mcduff character in the first place but what happened after that was that he knew if I did any more digging I would find all the other accounts, so he jumped right down my throat and the rest is history.

If he had simply said that "I forgot my password" I would have made him keep his original account and closed the newer one. But, he knew his cover was blown by the guys in the US Politics thread anyway, so it wouldn't have been long before I would have put 2+2 together, and he knew that I think.

Just to put a cherry on top of this mcduff case and move on.

I had been suspicious of the mcduff account since the day it was created, but I could never link it to another account until I used my super secret squirrel tactics to root out sockpuppet accounts. I constantly checked that account versus other accounts and finally got a hit.

Like Lenric says above, it's a huge amount of work to moderate this forum, that's why we have so many mods.

Cheers :)

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Re:

RedheadDane said:

---

bridgid-was the best. She had to stand up for her man. I loved that thread.

Semper Fidelis said:
RedheadDane said:

---

bridgid-was the best. She had to stand up for her man. I loved that thread.
Oh, yeah. Bridget was another dandy! I sure do miss her husband, I wish he didn't force us to permaban him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS