• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Member Suspension Appreciation/Depreciation Thread

Page 100 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ChewbaccaD said:
I think it's a contortion of his hate for Sky, Vaughters, and the suggestion that we have entered a new era where doping can't really happen. I think he sees Armstrong's ban (and the minimal bans of the riders who gave the information against him) as a sacrifice that was presented as the end of doping. There was a lot of propaganda surrounding that, and ultimately, farcical riders like Froome came along and claimed a break from the past, while riding like they were doped to the gills. I don't think, on balance, he believes the exposure and ban of Armstrong did anything for the cause of fighting doping in cycling. Truthfully, he has a point. For some reason, he then takes that and trolls the living he11 out of that thread in a way that is obnoxious, because he clearly doesn't believe some of what he was writing. He sees people like RaceRadio as only caring about Armstrong, and he doesn't respect that. I think he is mischaracterizing RR's position personally.

That's just a rough guess.

Not that I have been paying much attention to that thread in years but the impression I got was that it was anti Race Radio in particular after the few months in 2013 when RR went h2h with some of the sky doubters including myself over things like the tailwind on Ventoux, and the impression some had that he was defending Sky. Me and most resolved our differences with RR and he's been pretty clear about his own doubts of Sky anyway, but for some it was more personal and I think it was about then that they took the battle to the Lance thread and started challenging him there.

That's just what I thought happened.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Not that I have been paying much attention to that thread in years but the impression I got was that it was anti Race Radio in particular after the few months in 2013 when RR went h2h with some of the sky doubters including myself over things like the tailwind on Ventoux, and the impression some had that he was defending Sky. Me and most resolved our differences with RR and he's been pretty clear about his own doubts of Sky anyway, but for some it was more personal and I think it was about then that they took the battle to the Lance thread and started challenging him there.

Yea, I think that became the primary motivation. It's even played out on this thread recently.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:

RR is imo a bigger troll than hog and he gets much more personal and offensive when someone calls him out on his fantasies.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:

could be.

but RR is sort of gone with the (tail)wind.
makes one wonder why theHog still bothers with the Lance thread.

anyway, i do hope he's back sooner than later.

the sceptic said:
RR is imo a bigger troll than hog and he gets much more personal and offensive when someone calls him out on his fantasies.
It's quite clear that opposite thehog (and you), RR isn't any troll. Sure sometimes he makes a personal attack, but so does everyone. You may think he can behave like a diva from times to times, but all things considered it is understandable.

the sceptic said:

lolz
You would like to call them fantasies..sad that hoggie is gone and no real support left.
It appeared to me that many didn't like the inside info presented by RR and continually tried to play 'gotcha' with him.

Many threads are now unreadable and posting of information has become a troll-bot game for bored youngsters.

You guys would love it over at Slowtwitch...wide open hunting.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:
It appeared to me that many didn't like the inside info presented by RR and continually tried to play 'gotcha' with him.

Many threads are now unreadable and posting of information has become a troll-bot game for bored youngsters.

1+

One of the best posts in this thread (ok, dont feel too much throned ;), that wasnt a too hard task, beating all the baitings, personal attacks, and pure lies that got on here since a couple of pages).

RR was one of the best posters here. He gave some infos. Hog was good until late 2013 (AFAIR), when he started his battles with RR.

Still Hog shall not be banned for that long, because in comparison of the personal attacks going on here alone, his penalty is to harsh.

It shall get reduced for that matter.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:
lolz
You would like to call them fantasies..sad that hoggie is gone and no real support left.

when was the lsat time he posted anything relevant to present day cycling?

he lives in the past like you guys in the armstrong thread.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
the sceptic said:
when was the lsat time he posted anything relevant to present day cycling?

he lives in the past like you guys in the armstrong thread.

mewmewmew13 said:
In one short post you have just proved your complete irrelevance on anything.

He's so blinded by his hatred of RR that he hasn't noticed that RR no longer posts here...

The idiocy is strong with that one.

Poor hoggie, reports are that he has been begging the mods for mercy:

166c86u.jpg

4rqeko.jpg

Some people commenting on the internet said the pig must have been godly and close to the Buddha

The story does not end well for the pig. It was slaughtered on Sunday evening

ChewbaccaD said:
I think it's a contortion of his hate for Sky, Vaughters, and the suggestion that we have entered a new era where doping can't really happen. I think he sees Armstrong's ban (and the minimal bans of the riders who gave the information against him) as a sacrifice that was presented as the end of doping. There was a lot of propaganda surrounding that, and ultimately, farcical riders like Froome came along and claimed a break from the past, while riding like they were doped to the gills. I don't think, on balance, he believes the exposure and ban of Armstrong did anything for the cause of fighting doping in cycling. Truthfully, he has a point. For some reason, he then takes that and trolls the living he11 out of that thread in a way that is obnoxious, because he clearly doesn't believe some of what he was writing. He sees people like RaceRadio as only caring about Armstrong, and he doesn't respect that. I think he is mischaracterizing RR's position personally.

That's just a rough guess.

if that's the angle he was taking, i have to say i agree with him almost completely. even so, his posts became so incredibly annoying that they actually weighed the forum down just as much as any of the various sky fanboys he constantly feuded with did. like DQ said earlier in the thread, i also once enjoyed reading his posts but there was some tipping point where he really lost the plot, maybe it was the Ventoux Tailwind thread but I think it was even before that. as someone who has participated in various internet forums over the past 15 years or so, it's amazing to me that someone can be banned 20+ times and still be welcomed back at all, so 6 months is actually probably still pretty generous.

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:
lolz

Correct on all accounts. It just may be that the Clinic itself needs a ban to coincide with Hog's. As it stands now, the Clinic is comprised of 5 Supertrolls, and another 5 foolish enough to engage them on a regular basis. Not much to be missed really. It is unfortunate, but pretty accurate.

Good to see Hog finally banned even if it should be a perma-ban. His trolling was so obvious it was becoming ridiculous. Cannot believe it took the mods so long to act.

I will say I did report him about a month ago which is something I rarely if ever do, he started accusing me of being some johnny come lately SKY fan which was pure baiting. This despite the fact that I had been a member here before Hog.

Off the top of my head I can think of his claims that he knew of Leinders before SKY even though it was easy to go back and see he clearly had no clue who Leinders was, calling him small fry when his name first appeared.

Then there was the blatant copying and pasting of arguments from early on in the JTL thread when he was desperately trying to blame SKY for his doping. It was literally word for word.

The complete reversal in previoulsy held positions just to continue trolling.

Should have been perma-banned ages ago and will be missed by nobody bar the usual supects, many of whom are equally worthy of suffering the same fate.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
pmcg76 said:
Good to see Hog finally banned even if it should be a perma-ban. His trolling was so obvious it was becoming ridiculous. Cannot believe it took the mods so long to act.

I will say I did report him about a month ago which is something I rarely if ever do, he started accusing me of being some johnny come lately SKY fan which was pure baiting. This despite the fact that I had been a member here before Hog.

Off the top of my head I can think of his claims that he knew of Leinders before SKY even though it was easy to go back and see he clearly had no clue who Leinders was, calling him small fry when his name first appeared.

Then there was the blatant copying and pasting of arguments from early on in the JTL thread when he was desperately trying to blame SKY for his doping. It was literally word for word.

The complete reversal in previoulsy held positions just to continue trolling.

Should have been perma-banned ages ago and will be missed by nobody bar the usual supects, many of whom are equally worthy of suffering the same fate.
in fairness, i don't think the Hog has been the only one mistaking you for a Sky fan.
And while you're all over the place insulting posters in about 50% of your posts, that's not something I can accuse the Hog of.

The Hog is a funny case. Multiple bans, last chance saloon and several bans since but always takes the medicine with good grace (I think).

So the situation seems to be that the mods will not permanently ban The Hog and The Hog will not change behaviour patterns, so I do have to question what the point of such a long ban is? Based on previous evidence then The Hog will return to previous posting behaviour so why not just a week or two's ban?

sniper said:
in fairness, i don't think the Hog has been the only one mistaking you for a Sky fan.
And while you're all over the place insulting posters in about 50% of your posts, that's not something I can accuse the Hog of.

Anyone who thinks I am a SKY fan knows absolutely nothing of my posting history here or is deliberately baiting as was the case with Hog. How is it that someone like the Hitch is quite aware I am not a SKY fan but others are not? The only people I have calling me a SKY fan are the likes of yourself, the Septic or Hog.

The reality is, so many faleshoods are posted in here and presented as fact that when someone actually makes the effort to correct them, they are seen as defending that team/person/rider. Correcting a complete falsehood is not defending someone/team, it is merely correcting a falsehood.

Hog attacked me not becasue I was defending SKY but becasue I merely said that we would see posters retroactively claiming that they knew all about Leinders before he joined SKY. Cue Hog claiming only SKYbots like myself didn't know of Leinders before SKY. A quick search through the forum would suggest that pretty much nobody here knew anything about Leinders as he was never mentioned here once before he joined SKY. I knew this because I have been here from the start and never heard mention of Leinders and I would count myself as one of the better informed posters here.

Hog definitely didn't know who Leinders was as his first comment on Leinders was that he was most likely insignificant and merely a beard for others to hide behind.

But as I said, point out when people are talking crap and you get attacked as being a bot or whatever.

As for insults, I have yet to receive a single warning for anything in my time here so I guess my posts are far from 50% insults(yet another falsehood) and I would imagine 90% of whatever insults I do post are reserved for a very tiny minority on here. I know I have the respect of the posters I would wish to have respect from.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
pmcg76 said:
As for insults, I have yet to receive a single warning for anything in my time here so I guess my posts are far from 50% insults(yet another falsehood) and I would imagine 90% of whatever insults I do post are reserved for a very tiny minority on here. I know I have the respect of the posters I would wish to have respect from.
that tells you something about that minority, doesn't it.
theHog would never ask for you to be permabanned.
Why are you asking for theHog to be permabanned?

It was typical French Revolution stuff. The Hog, the sceptic and others manned the barricades hand in hand with RR until Armstrong's fall, and then, in the subsequent vacuum, they decided RR wasn't radical enough when they picked the next big target (which wasn't and still isn't as clear-cut as the previous one). RR didn't change his methods or his convictions, but suddenly they weren't enough. Cue revolutionary Terror.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
It was typical French Revolution stuff. The Hog, the sceptic and others manned the barricades hand in hand with RR until Armstrong's fall, and then, in the subsequent vacuum, they decided RR wasn't radical enough when they picked the next big target (which wasn't and still isn't as clear-cut as the previous one). RR didn't change his methods or his convictions, but suddenly they weren't enough. Cue revolutionary Terror.

I dont see it as such.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
hrotha said:

RR doesn't care about sky, he only posts about them once a year or something. Lance is dead and buried but that's where the focus is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS