• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Member Suspension Appreciation/Depreciation Thread

Page 102 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pmcg76 said:
Hitch you are right in that not everyone here has the same beliefs but there is an overall tone that is hard to miss.

A few people dominate and they set the tone as other voices tend to get drowned out. That doesn't mean there isn't ulterior views, just that they are less noticeable.

Look at the posters who post most frequently here, B69, sniper, the sceptic, the hog, blackcat all with a post rate far higher than most other posters. Put their views together and it becomes rather repetitive. That is the tone set right there as they post more frequently.

Those posters are also prone to flat-out lies, twisting of facts and shouting down of anyone who doesn't share their opinions presented as facts. Again, that sets the tone.

You say Hog and B69 are ostracized. By whom? I think a lot of posters view those 2 and some of the others I listed with zero credibility but rather than engage, they stay clear of them and as those I listed dominate, people simply don't post as frequent as they might. I simply go through phases of not posting simply because I cannot be bothered. I imagine plenty others are the same.

It really is that simple, not a common mindset as alluded to, more an overall tone that comes through.
I'd say people like hrotha, Libertine and Hitch also post a lot. Then there's a lot of posters who post less often, but most of those are closer to the three I mentioned than the ones you mentioned. I certainly don't think the clinic is so one-sided/dominated as you claim it to be.

I guess it also has a lot to do with which threads in the clinic one visits.

Netserk said:
I'd say people like hrotha, Libertine and Hitch also post a lot. Then there's a lot of posters who post less often, but most of those are closer to the three I mentioned than the ones you mentioned. I certainly don't think the clinic is so one-sided/dominated as you claim it to be.

I guess it also has a lot to do with which threads in the clinic one visits.

The thing is the likes of hrotha, Libertine don't post anywhere near as often as the posters I mentioned. Then there are people like Merckx Index, Le Breton, Franklin, Granville, mewmewmew and many other great posters who do not frequent here as much as they once did. Race Radio is gone, Dr.Mas banned. Your own post rate pales in comparison to others. Someone said before it was becasue it was off-season but I see no real change so far.

I agree with you that some threads are better than others. In general the threads without the posters I mentioned are the better threads, no coincidence. I usually visit most threads other than the ones not related to cycling, tennis, skiing etc as I have no real interest in those sports. I mostly avoid the SKY theads but the last time I briefly dropped in, I got the full works from the usual suspects. That should not be the norm in any thread.

People are quick to claim that SKY doping is so obvious yet people are unwilling to see, but I get the same impression of the clinic. Maybe it's time I start calling people clinicbots:rolleyes:

May 26, 2010
Visit site
pmcg76 said:

People are quick to claim that SKY doping is so obvious yet people are unwilling to see, but I get the same impression of the clinic. Maybe it's time I start calling people clinicbots:rolleyes:

When there has been no change to anti-doping, why would Sky be clean, oh yeah because they said they were! Where did we hear that before?

Sky set themselves up for the bashing they get. Talked themselves up as the squeaky clean squad then hire some big name dopers and a big name doping doctor.

Some people need to open their eyes to the sport and actually look. Not listen to the constant stream of BS, cleanER, doping left with Armstrong, no longer cool to dope yada yada yada..........

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
So Vickerish, word for word.

This is a typical troll strategy. Post huge essays that contain nothing but a lot of words to hide that you really have nothing at all to contribute, other than wasting everyones time.

vickers really was the master of trolling everyone with huge worthless posts.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
pmcg76 said:
Hitch you are right in that not everyone here has the same beliefs but there is an overall tone that is hard to miss.

A few people dominate and they set the tone as other voices tend to get drowned out. That doesn't mean there isn't ulterior views, just that they are less noticeable.

Look at the posters who post most frequently here, B69, sniper, the sceptic, the hog, blackcat all with a post rate far higher than most other posters. Put their views together and it becomes rather repetitive. That is the tone set right there as they post more frequently.

Those posters are also prone to flat-out lies, twisting of facts and shouting down of anyone who doesn't share their opinions presented as facts. Again, that sets the tone.

You say Hog and B69 are ostracized. By whom? I think a lot of posters view those 2 and some of the others I listed with zero credibility but rather than engage, they stay clear of them and as those I listed dominate, people simply don't post as frequent as they might. I simply go through phases of not posting simply because I cannot be bothered. I imagine plenty others are the same.

It really is that simple, not a common mindset as alluded to, more an overall tone that comes through.
i remember several (attempts at) discussions with you, or between you and benotti, that started out as normal differences of opinion, civil and all, and that ended with you throwing in condescending comments. I get over that easily so don't worry.

For me, from what I can tell, the Clinic is characterized by an above-average level of skepticism and an above-average quality of rethorics/language use/argumentation. I mean, some posters, theHog and Benotti definitely included, their use of language that's just phenomenal. Witty, intelligent. From what I can tell, that kind of quality is hard to find on other forums.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Bluenote said:
Because making a dumb meme of someone's user name goes a long, long way to refute that this forum drama is incredibly immature.

So Glenn, does Race Radio like you, or does he like you like you? ZOMG!! I'm gonna go stalk his Facebook to see!!! Seriously?

This is quickly dropping from hs level drama to middle school level. If it goes any lower, Justin Beiber is gonna show up.

Seriously Brah you brought up rr when I did not. As if I was sighting him. That is why I posted what I did. No one mentioned bookface. What are you 20 something?

Benotti69 said:
So Vickerish, word for word.

So typical of you ...

Mods - getting pretty fed up with this now despite numerous reports, can you contact Vickers (I'm sure you have his email) and get him to confirm I am not him. Or maybe you could unban him for 24 hours so he can post here and prove it? You could do an ip address check, or whatever magic it is you do to check things.

TheSpud said:
So typical of you ...

Mods - getting pretty fed up with this now despite numerous reports, can you contact Vickers (I'm sure you have his email) and get him to confirm I am not him. Or maybe you could unban him for 24 hours so he can post here and prove it? You could do an ip address check, or whatever magic it is you do to check things.

you do realize this would prove nothing if you are Vickers right:confused:

the sceptic said:
This is a typical troll strategy. Post huge essays that contain nothing but a lot of words to hide that you really have nothing at all to contribute, other than wasting everyones time.

vickers really was the master of trolling everyone with huge worthless posts.

Are you accusing Hitch of trolling since his posts are long, or is that reserved only to non Clinic 12 (11) posters or banned users who cant answer back?

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
TheSpud said:
Are you accusing Hitch of trolling since his posts are long, or is that reserved only to non Clinic 12 (11) posters or banned users who cant answer back?

to be fair to you Martin, you have trolled for so long that you've probably started believing your own trolling at this point.

the difference between you and the hitch is that his posts are usually based on sound logic and contributes something to the debate.

your posts on the other hand are nothing but garbage and a waste of everyones time.

the sceptic said:
to be fair to you Martin, you have trolled for so long that you've probably started believing your own trolling at this point.

the difference between you and the hitch is that his posts are usually based on sound logic and contributes something to the debate.

your posts on the other hand are nothing but garbage and a waste of everyones time.

Honestly Septic when it comes to trolling, posting garbage and wasting everyone's time you are the master of it. Where you are concerned, logic is lying sprawled on the ground dying and you have blood all over your hands.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
you do realize this would prove nothing if you are Vickers right:confused:

As I understand it, 'Martin' has merely become a generic indication for 'sockpuppet'.
I could be wrong but in my recollection Vickers was different from TheSpud.

sniper said:
As I understand it, 'Martin' has merely become a generic indication for 'sockpuppet'.
I could be wrong but in my recollection Vickers was different from TheSpud.

The 'Martin' accusation seems to really only be directed at me. Its odd if it is used as a generic sockpuppet accusation, surely Joachim would be more appropriate?

I totally agree with your last sentence - Vickers is different since he is not me.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
King Boonen said:
Why are the children being allowed to fight in the head teachers office?

Because it appears that the forum is no longer moderated. I don't know if the mods all got ****ed and left, or just too busy with their lives, or whatever.

I don't see why this particular thread was ever allowed in the first place, since it would be hard to keep it from violating the old rule about addressing the post, not the poster.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
TheSpud said:
Honestly Septic when it comes to trolling, posting garbage and wasting everyone's time you are the master of it. Where you are concerned, logic is lying sprawled on the ground dying and you have blood all over your hands.

"blood on your hands" Wasn't that what led to the vickers meltdown and subsequent permaban? :D

I'm really glad that pompous clown got permabanned. Don't you agree?

TheSpud said:
Because despite the fact that the school bully has been suspended, his henchmen haven't ...

It includes you.

Beech Mtn said:
Because it appears that the forum is no longer moderated. I don't know if the mods all got ****ed and left, or just too busy with their lives, or whatever.

I don't see why this particular thread was ever allowed in the first place, since it would be hard to keep it from violating the old rule about addressing the post, not the poster.

It does seem to take a while for spam to get removed or even noticed. I usually report it but thought I'd test it out...

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
King Boonen said:
It includes you.

It does seem to take a while for spam to get removed or even noticed. I usually report it but thought I'd test it out...

You noticed that too? The guy who only posts youtube links is much more subtle than the Korean spambot. Kim-Jong-spam would be a lot more successful if he'd limit himself to only 1-2 new threads per day.

Beech Mtn said:
You noticed that too? The guy who only posts youtube links is much more subtle than the Korean spambot. Kim-Jong-spam would be a lot more successful if he'd limit himself to only 1-2 new threads per day.

He also seems to pick the less active forums, seems fairly sophisticated for pointless spam.

The Korean stuff is way too obvious.

the sceptic said:
"blood on your hands" Wasn't that what led to the vickers meltdown and subsequent permaban? :D

I'm really glad that pompous clown got permabanned. Don't you agree?

No idea - I believe he was banned before I joined. I have read some posts by him (and many others) but not enough to comment further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS