• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Member Suspension Appreciation/Depreciation Thread

Page 104 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Re:

ebandit said:
not many bans of late is this because...............members have learned from past mistakes
...............a more relaxed approach to moderation
................mods are keeping their heads down?

Mark L

Mods don't know how to use ban feature in new forum format?

;)

Re: Re:

the sceptic said:
Susan Westemeyer said:
Actually we do know how to use it, a number of spammers have learned that.

ebandit is still posting though

You and ebandit should be [and are] like protons and neutrons, cohabiting the same nuclei harmoniously, within the possible limits, ignoring each other and finding different paths if necessary, yet stubbornly choose the other way around, the hard way - you engage, you collide, and when that happens, the inevitable happens: the brief fusion that is each change of words between you two gives place to the big picture that is the reaction. Photons, your fulminating rage, take everything and everyone by assault, and sudently [over time!] the surroundings, your head, the forum, all of it is turned into a huge chaotic pile of ****.

why aye

TheSpud said:
ebandit said:
not many bans of late is this because...............members have learned from past mistakes

Mark L

Interesting - seems to coincide with a very long ban for a certain member.

aye.............my bans were a result of interaction with said member......i should know better

Mark L

Re: why aye

ebandit said:
TheSpud said:
ebandit said:

Mark L

Interesting - seems to coincide with a very long ban for a certain member.

aye.............my bans were a result of interaction with said member......i should know better

Mark L

Fair enough - that was a cheap shot by me.

On a serious point - there have been very few bans since Hog went off for his sabbatical. Not saying he is involved, to blame, or whatever, but there seems to be a correlation, statistically, in the last 6 weeks. Thats all I meant.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: Re:

Glenn_Wilson said:
the sceptic said:
ebandit said:
as i suggested..............it takes 2 to tango..........................no-one is innocent.................

Mark L
but how many does it take to get an account hacked?
Seriously someones account got hacked? That sounds made up? You making up stories sceptic?

someone is making up stories but it wasn't me.

snccdcno

BANNED
Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Tom said:
sittingbison said:
Tom said:
...I believe my account (snccdcno) was mistakenly permanently banned a couple of weeks ago...

it looks good to goTom, doesnt appear to be banned

Thanks for responding.

When I just tried to log in I got this message

58M39nB.jpg

Well whatever it was appears to have been cleared up so thanks to whoever sorted it out, all of my posts (10-15) appeared to have disappeared though but that's hardly a loss to anybody, I'll make sure not to reply to any more threads started by spammers in future though!

I know and understand that moderators generally prefer to err on the side of caution when it comes to calling out and sanctioning sockpuppets.

But when a new account, declares in their very first post on the forum that they are there to attack "clinic bots", you can be pretty certain this isn't some new internet user who has just happened to stumble accross the forum earlier in the day

harryh said:
Team Sky rules and it seems to hurt the 24/7 clinic bots, which makes the success of Team Sky even more enjoyable. Greetings from Finland mates :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS