• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Member Suspension Appreciation/Depreciation Thread

Page 170 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

telencefalus said:
excuse me i would like to know how many message i could post i was warned to not post much in sequence but i think that is not going against rules , however i don't want to be banned so just give me some info about the numbers of messages i can post many thanks
One post in a row, that's it.

Since you told us your desire to increase your post count "to beat the record', (which we all thought you had a shot at beating laflo in about two weeks at the rate you were posting), you lost any *oopsie* moments wrt posting numerous posts in a row.

I will not continuously repeat myself to you.

Re: Re:

telencefalus said:
Jspear said:
telencefalus said:
excuse me i would like to know how many message i could post i was warned to not post much in sequence but i think that is not going against rules , however i don't want to be banned so just give me some info about the numbers of messages i can post many thanks

Generally posters enjoy doing things like work, school, sleep, eat, Ride their bikes, participate in other hobbies, spend time with family, and then spend some time on online forums. You really shouldn't have enough time to post so much that you get banned (even though that's not the exact reason as to why you were banned).

It's a maturity thing. Ask yourself. Am I acting like an adult or a child.

Well i don't think that while you have some off days someone could tell other how to spend them , however as i said in the presentation thread i post very much only in gt , and when i have some free time today i post 15 messages they are not so much , for a week zero , so get the conclusion

I'm not telling you how to spend your free time. Just sharing what a lot of people do generally speaking. Enteracting on a forum shouldn't be a competition of who's got the most posts. It should be natural conversation about a sport you love.

So he got banned for something that wasn't against any rule, now we are all given what we are told is a reminder of something that we have never been told before, and all warned of sanctions for something that is not against a rule.

And my PM request for a suggestion as to how a new member should join in a game (which is done by PM, which in turn requires a certain number of messages) without bumping up their message count was met with a very curt response that ignored the question.

So how does a new member get to send a PM?

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Netserk said:
How many of the posts are of greater quality than junk?

This right here is the important point.

I have no problem with multiple posts in a row if they are substantive (for example, blutto posting articles in the politics thread), but a bunch of junk posts is just spamming the forum (and is a common rule on many forums)

Beech Mtn said:
Netserk said:

I have no problem with multiple posts in a row if they are substantive (for example, blutto posting articles in the politics thread), but a bunch of junk posts is just spamming the forum (and is a common rule on many forums)

Yeah, sadly blutto was traumatized by the smart from that last ban and the quality of his pol posts is tanking. Worse, his compulsive posting disorder had spread elsewhere to the point that he's been repeating himself for days with minimal qualitative yield..

Junk post = of so low quality that it (greatly) lowers the signal-to-noise ratio. Needless to say, it's not a problem on a small scale, but spamming junk is harmful and bad netiquette and sanctioned on any message board.

It should be sanctioned when it destructively disturbs the exchange of views/content.

aphronesis said:
Beech Mtn said:
Netserk said:

Yeah, sadly blutto was traumatized by the smart from that last ban and the quality of his pol posts is tanking. Worse, his compulsive posting disorder had spread elsewhere to the point that he's been repeating himself for days with minimal qualitative yield..
Here's hoping that he'll get better after he's reached 10,000 posts :twisted:

Re:

Armchair cyclist said:
So what defines a junk post?

There is an enormous amount of stuff posted by just about any contributor that can be construed as junk: totally subjective, and entirely inapplicable as a standard for a rule.
This isn't the only thing that isn't entirely black and white. We handle this the same way as the other things that aren't black and white. We discuss it among the moderators.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Armchair cyclist said:

There is an enormous amount of stuff posted by just about any contributor that can be construed as junk: totally subjective, and entirely inapplicable as a standard for a rule.

Have you never belonged to any other internet forum? Not trying to be a smartass with that question. This is not an uncommon rule. The occasional throwaway post is no big deal. Eleventy billion of them all over the forum, or all over a particular thread, is spamming the forum.

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site

Beech Mtn said:
Armchair cyclist said:

Have you never belonged to any other internet forum? Not trying to be a smartass with that question. This is not an uncommon rule. The occasional throwaway post is no big deal. Eleventy billion of them all over the forum, or all over a particular thread, is spamming the forum.
Say that my messages are spamming , ( the upper post don't say that) is a very very bad offense and i don't accept it , READ MY COMMENTS before say that are spamming please

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
Re:

Dazed and Confused said:
Essentially there are zero difference between Blutto's posts and telencefalus'.
i just saw blutto posts , i don't want be seem a smartass , (it cost me a ban) but come on ..... however i 'm a type of person who don't want to create problems so i will adapt

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site

Dazed and Confused said:
telencefalus said:
Dazed and Confused said:
Essentially there are zero difference between Blutto's posts and telencefalus'.
i just saw blutto posts , i don't want be seem a smartass , (it cost me a ban) but come on ..... however i 'm a type of person who don't want to create problems so i will adapt

with this remark you are officially not a smartass.
well i don't want to be a smartass other way i will be perma ban so get your conclusion , i was banned a week for smartass reasons

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Red Rick said:
For what exactly? that does not make any sense. Trying to understand what it is that he did? Care to elaborate and direct anyone to the correct location of his violation to the rule?

Seem it was a set up.

I think you guys are over stepping your own power. Especially considering something else that has already taken place. I myself tried to understand it and respect the decisions.

But this is plain stupid.

I guess our "walkie talkies" will fire up again. Not really that hard not to be jerks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS