Michal Kwiatkowski Thread

Page 32 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 12, 2018
315
0
0
I don't think there is much point taking last years result. Kwiatkowski didn't try at all. When he actually tries he's at least a Top 10 TT'er. Which he clearly will tomorrow.
 
Re: Re:

tomorrow said:
huge said:
How is Kwiato TTing compared to Caruso's?
very close, last year Caruso was 6s faster than Kwiatkovski. It will be very close. The final TT will have more impact than it used to, last time only GVA and Sagan made similar duel, but that time the MTF was cancelled.
I think that Kwiatkowski is a clearly better TTist
 
Re: Re:

sucotash said:
tomorrow said:
huge said:
How is Kwiato TTing compared to Caruso's?
very close, last year Caruso was 6s faster than Kwiatkovski. It will be very close. The final TT will have more impact than it used to, last time only GVA and Sagan made similar duel, but that time the MTF was cancelled.
I think that Kwiatkowski is a clearly better TTist
Caruso is very solid but Kwiatkowski has a higher toplevel and a lower buttomlevel. Caruso also beat him even more clearly here in 2016 (where Kwiatkowski rode full gas for the GC) and I think Kwiatkowski is mostly good if the routes are a bit technical, rainy or hilly while he can struggle on easy flat routes like tomorrow. It could go both ways tomorrow.
 
Re:

Bot. Sky_Bot said:
Michał, you are Pure Class..
I hope you will be at least a co-leader in one of the GT..
Dziękuję!
I think he has a distinct lack of a British passport for that, though if there were any Tour that suited him, it's this one. Still pretty sure he's not good enough in the pure climbing department, and his ITT is a bit weaker on long ITTs as well
 
Aug 20, 2017
1,397
0
0
Re: Re:

Red Rick said:
Bot. Sky_Bot said:
Michał, you are Pure Class..
I hope you will be at least a co-leader in one of the GT..
Dziękuję!
I think he has a distinct lack of a British passport for that, though if there were any Tour that suited him, it's this one. Still pretty sure he's not good enough in the pure climbing department, and his ITT is a bit weaker on long ITTs as well
You are absolutely right talking about the lack of British passport
ITT - last year he was 2nd in 22km ITT on penultimate stage.
Pure climbing? - it's some kind of question, but he was the strongest domestique, and I have in mind CF's statement- I'm not sure who should be a leader..
 
He had his 3 chances with Quick Step and we all know how it went. He always had at least one bad day where he drops like a stone and goes out of TOP 10. I know he was young, but it's still a huge baggage he's carrying and in a team as strong as Sky that is too much.
 
Re:

DenisMenchov said:
He had his 3 chances with Quick Step and we all know how it went. He always had at least one bad day where he drops like a stone and goes out of TOP 10. I know he was young, but it's still a huge baggage he's carrying and in a team as strong as Sky that is too much.
I don't know--his rivals as Sky GC riders not named Froome (i.e. Thomas and Poels) are also known for always having a bad day in GTs.
 
He shouldn’t be looking to win grand tours, people moan about sky and the way some think they can ruin cyclist careers but forcing them into something they are not, let’s not do that here, keep him as he is
 
Aug 20, 2017
1,397
0
0
Re: Re:

Blanco said:
Bot. Sky_Bot said:
Michał, you are Pure Class..
I hope you will be at least a co-leader in one of the GT..
Dziękuję!
Why would he want to do that? He's not going to win GT any time soon (if ever). He must focus on stuff he does best, and that's one-day racing.
Yes, probably he never wins GC in GT. But today he has his first win in one week race in World Tour.
He dreams about his own chances in GT.
Maybe top5, top3 are more likely. And without Froome, Sky doesn't have too many options.
Another question is if his current shape is not too high to compete i.e. in Tdf.
 
Re: Re:

shalgo said:
DenisMenchov said:
He had his 3 chances with Quick Step and we all know how it went. He always had at least one bad day where he drops like a stone and goes out of TOP 10. I know he was young, but it's still a huge baggage he's carrying and in a team as strong as Sky that is too much.
I don't know--his rivals as Sky GC riders not named Froome (i.e. Thomas and Poels) are also known for always having a bad day in GTs.
Wasn't Poels 6th in the Vuelta last autumn, only 4 minutes behind Nibali? That's where I'd put my eggs if I was Team Sky. Nothing against Kwiatkowski, just I think Poels is a much safer bet. I'd never go with Thomas as my GC leader though.
 
Re: Re:

Bot. Sky_Bot said:
Blanco said:
Bot. Sky_Bot said:
Michał, you are Pure Class..
I hope you will be at least a co-leader in one of the GT..
Dziękuję!
Why would he want to do that? He's not going to win GT any time soon (if ever). He must focus on stuff he does best, and that's one-day racing.
Yes, probably he never wins GC in GT. But today he has his first win in one week race in World Tour.
He dreams about his own chances in GT.
Maybe top5, top3 are more likely. And without Froome, Sky doesn't have too many options.
Another question is if his current shape is not too high to compete i.e. in Tdf.
Sky doesn't have too many options?

Even without Froome, they have the most options of all teams.
 
Aug 20, 2017
1,397
0
0
Re: Re:

Red Rick said:
Bot. Sky_Bot said:
Blanco said:
Bot. Sky_Bot said:
Michał, you are Pure Class..
I hope you will be at least a co-leader in one of the GT..
Dziękuję!
Why would he want to do that? He's not going to win GT any time soon (if ever). He must focus on stuff he does best, and that's one-day racing.
Yes, probably he never wins GC in GT. But today he has his first win in one week race in World Tour.
He dreams about his own chances in GT.
Maybe top5, top3 are more likely. And without Froome, Sky doesn't have too many options.
Another question is if his current shape is not too high to compete i.e. in Tdf.
Sky doesn't have too many options?

Even without Froome, they have the most options of all teams.
If you compare the whole teams, probably yes.
But comparing leaders I think Movi trio (Quintana-Landa-Valverde) is stronger than Thomas-Kwiatkowski-Poels.
 
Re: Re:

DenisMenchov said:
shalgo said:
DenisMenchov said:
He had his 3 chances with Quick Step and we all know how it went. He always had at least one bad day where he drops like a stone and goes out of TOP 10. I know he was young, but it's still a huge baggage he's carrying and in a team as strong as Sky that is too much.
I don't know--his rivals as Sky GC riders not named Froome (i.e. Thomas and Poels) are also known for always having a bad day in GTs.
Wasn't Poels 6th in the Vuelta last autumn, only 4 minutes behind Nibali? That's where I'd put my eggs if I was Team Sky. Nothing against Kwiatkowski, just I think Poels is a much safer bet. I'd never go with Thomas as my GC leader though.
Poels will be Froome backup at the Giro.
It's already certain that at the Tour will be Thomas in this role, they even granted him leadership on par with Froome from the start and freedom to do his own race.
 
Re:

Velolover2 said:
This guy must be smelling blood in the Ronde.

Most of the favorites seem to be below par.
I really don't think Kwiat has any chance in the ronde (except if he specifically prepared for it which I don't think since he would have raced on friday and today too then). In 2016 he was in a great position but it was clear that he just doesn't have the engine for climbs like the Kwaremont.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS