• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Mick Rogers

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
BroDeal said:
Rogers has always been vastly overrated. He has a few dubious world time trial championships gained through a combination of other riders being caught when he was not and the top time trialists not showing up. He has never been able to replicate those results in stage racing competition. The ToC is a huge win for him, and we are supposed to believe it came when he cleaned up his act? I don't think so.

Rogers is the Australian Tommy D.

I know what you're saying but it seemed as though he was putting together a good package this season and was going to have a good Tour. He actually handled them OK at Morzine but sank like a brick thereafter - no recovery. Compare that to his 2006 effort where he was most certainly on the works and there has to be something different... a bit more than a stronger field and "not having the legs".

Ferminal said:
I know what you're saying but it seemed as though he was putting together a good package this season and was going to have a good Tour. He actually handled them OK at Morzine but sank like a brick thereafter - no recovery. Compare that to his 2006 effort where he was most certainly on the works and there has to be something different... a bit more than a stronger field and "not having the legs".

I admit to getting suckered. I put Rogers on my fantasy Tour team and paid the price dearly. I honestly don't know what I was thinking. Brain fart or something.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
When did Rogers succumb to that virus? As all results since have to be qualified. Finished in front of some handy riders in the TT. I imagine a few teams would still welcome his services.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
I admit to getting suckered. I put Rogers on my fantasy Tour team and paid the price dearly. I honestly don't know what I was thinking. Brain fart or something.
Do you have many of those?
BroDeal said:
Rogers has always been vastly overrated. He has a few dubious world time trial championships gained through a combination of other riders being caught when he was not and the top time trialists not showing up. He has never been able to replicate those results in stage racing competition. The ToC is a huge win for him, and we are supposed to believe it came when he cleaned up his act? I don't think so.

Rogers is the Australian Tommy D.

I would actually say he is more the Australian Levi leipheimer except mick has attacked in a MTN stage in his tdf career.

Squares said:
Part of a new game: Six degrees of Lance Armstrong linking any cycling to doping.

To whit: did Oscar Periero dope... Pierero rode on Phonak with Tyler Hamilton, who rode on Postal with Lance, so he has to be a doper.

Now, Mick Rogers - trained by Ferrari who was trained Lance. See how easy.

But you could have made it harder... Rogers rodes for HTC with Hincapie who was on Postal/Discovery with Lance. Therfore Rogers doped.

It is pretty easy to play this new game.

"Six degrees of Lance Armstrong" would be a great thread, and so much Fun!

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Based on what? He just woke up one day and decided that Dr. Ferrari and transfusions at Freiburg were not for him anymore? He then went on to beat Levi "High Off Score" Leipheimer at the Tour of California on a diet of bread and vegamite?

Do not underestimate the powers of vegamite!

May 26, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Do you have many of those?

I would actually say he is more the Australian Levi leipheimer except mick has attacked in a MTN stage in his tdf career.

that make's him a serial doper then!