• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Micro Shift

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Anyone used it?

Was thinking about the felt f85 as an insurance replacement, but saw it had microshift. Anyone have any experience?

What would be thoughts on:

Allez Sport
CAAD8 Tiagra
Felt F85

Thanks in advance

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Haven't used their shifters, but have their front and rear derailleurs on two of my bikes and they work flawlessly. Furthermore, you can get colors to match your bike's paint scheme. Plain and simple - they work, and I won't hesitate to recommend or purchase a bike with them.

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
I checked out the 9-speed version on an F95 we had in for service--quite decent, a definite upgrade from Sora and just different (no better or worse) from Tiagra. The 10-speed version should compare favorably with 5600 (old 105). Regarding durability, though, it hasn't been on the road long enough for me to judge. There is an 8-speed version that Fuji used on their Newest 3.0 for a year. This one absolutely sucked. Microshift 9- and 10-speed controls have been on low-cost road bikes in the European market for several years.