• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Mikel Landa Discussion Thread

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Mayomaniac said:
Fabio Aru ‏@FabioAru
Anche oggi hai dimostrato tutto il tuo valore dopo le grandi imprese e l'aiuto che mi hai saputo dare al Giro. Chapeau @MikelLandaMeana

At least Aru seems to understand him, he probably would have done the same if he was in his position.

Yes, the plan from Astana before the race was actually to have Landa in the break so it's not like he went all David Boucher on the team (because that would be not done). But then calling him back at the moment he's going to win one of the hardest Vuelta stages ever, on home turf, and more importantly, after what happened in il Giro, is just a *** move from Martinelli.

Re:

Matteo. said:
My hope is that next year he will go to the Giro as captain. But i fear Sky wants use him as domestique for Thomas
He sign with conditions, he didnt aked money not aything similar, he is losing money, he signed with the condition (not the only one) to be captain in the Giro. The team, I think is SKy, not oficial, must fulfit the contract, there is not possible other way.

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

Taxus4a said:
Red Rick said:
Might be the only Sky rider I like next year

If you dont like Froome after what he did today despite his team left him, I cant understand what you like in cycling... but anyway there must be likes for everybody...

From what I recall, Froome was a very mediocre general classification rider with Barloworld, finishing 83rd at the TDF and 34th at the Giro, and then somehow magically and mystically metamorphosized into a near dominant Grand Tour rider with Sky.

That's something to dislike, and distrust, although given cycling's reputation, I may be being hypocritical......

ninjadriver said:
Taxus4a said:
Red Rick said:

If you dont like Froome after what he did today despite his team left him, I cant understand what you like in cycling... but anyway there must be likes for everybody...

From what I recall, Froome was a very mediocre general classification rider with Barloworld, finishing 83rd at the TDF and 34th at the Giro, and then somehow magically and mystically metamorphosized into a near dominant Grand Tour rider with Sky.

That's something to dislike, and distrust, although given cycling's reputation, I may be being hypocritical......

You must recall better... what Froome did in 2008 Tour, woth more in order to win someday le Tour that what Landa did this 2005 Giro.

I wroted why, you can look for it, as well you can ask if you dont know why.

Re:

yespatterns said:
Eh, cycling is a team sport. Astana are probably better off without him. It should be amusing to see the effect on Sky though...

I cant understand how people can feel this way after what happened in the Giro... today was pure justice, rather extremely cool justice. Landa will probably end up tearing the field apart now along with Rosa since he got his coveted stage win, Aru and Landa seems to be decent pals anyways.

This guy was so freakin loyal at the Giro, give him a break. He got what was his. People who bash him should really try to put themselves in his place and get a lie-detecter if they still claim to feel this way

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I think Landa is a nice and humble guy- the way he handled the Giro was remarkable. Yesterday was probably his final shot at some glory before he leaves Astana, so no wonder he took it with both hands.

May 13, 2015
Visit site
No way will Landa stab Aru in the back. He will help Aru but he isn't necessarily going to do it the way Martinelli wants. Best thing Astana can do is to let Aru and Landa communicate directly with each other. Landa can help Aru and still go for another stage win.

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site

Taxus4a said:
ninjadriver said:
Taxus4a said:
Red Rick said:

You must recall better... what Froome did in 2008 Tour, woth more in order to win someday le Tour that what Landa did this 2005 Giro.

Taxus: Thanks so much for the link to the Chris Froome story!!!

I just printed it out and will enjoy it this weekend.

We'll see if Aru can put enough distance between himself and Dumoulin to win the Vuelta this weekend. I'll bet that he will. I see no one else as a true potential GC threat.

Have a Happy Labor Day weekend if you're in the States, or take Monday off anyway if you're in the EU or elsewhere!!!!

ninjadriver said:
Taxus4a said:
ninjadriver said:
Taxus4a said:
Red Rick said:

Taxus: Thanks so much for the link to the Chris Froome story!!!

I just printed it out and will enjoy it this weekend.

We'll see if Aru can put enough distance between himself and Dumoulin to win the Vuelta this weekend. I'll bet that he will. I see no one else as a true potential GC threat.

Have a Happy Labor Day weekend if you're in the States, or take Monday off anyway if you're in the EU or elsewhere!!!!

I am spanish.
If Aru has the help of Landa they have stages to put distance to Domoulin.
People say Andorra stage is the harder ever in la Vuelta, but Asturias one has similar desnivel. I like that stage a lot, Cobertoria is a realoly hard climb.
if Aru really was afected in il Giro for gluten problems (it is quite posible, becouse i have a friend, really good in bike always, who discovered that with 35 years old.

Astana continues it's tactically cluelessness.

Yesterday, Landa should've been in the break to win the stage. While Astana would've controlled the break like they did anyway.

Instead he was meant to set up Aru. But Aru went way too early when Landa wasn't even finished with his effort. He clearly looked surprised when Aru moved.

Big fail once again.

rm7

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I don't think it was Astana's fault, but Aru's. He's clearly inexperienced in situations where he's the overall favorite, and Martinelli should've guided him better. He could have saved energy and maybe gained a little bit more time, if he had waited.

TRENDING THREADS