• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Mikel Landa Discussion Thread

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Copy paste from the stage's thread.

Landa interview (spanish).

http://www.ciclismoafondo.es/competicion/grandes-vueltas/articulo/Vuelta-Espana-2015-Mikel-Landa-no-quiso-parar-ayudar-Aru-Andorra-Astana

Did you take off your earpiece?
No, but I was about to because Martinelli wanted me to stop and I didn't want to stop.

He asked you to stop?
Yes.

When?
When Fabio was already alone. I thought it was stupid. There was a 1.30 minute gap, I could win the stage and I did not think it was fair to me.

So what was your answer?
That I wasn't going to stop. He promised me that Fabio would let me win the stage... but I just didn't stop.

Good stage for Landa, today he wanst fair with his team, but his team wanst very fair with him several times this year.

He lost time the other day so he was less tired today to get the stage, this Vuelta if the team dont protect him in thiose stage with wind as cumbre del sol, this is not like the Giro, you need always that protectionm becouse Vuelta is windy.

Today very good day for him, always up and down and hard climbs.

Alba will be very good as well, but he will have to work for Aru surely.

Re: Re:

Taxus4a said:
Red Rick said:
Might be the only Sky rider I like next year

If you dont like Froome after what he did today despite his team left him, I cant understand what you like in cycling... but anyway there must be likes for everybody...

What Froome did was: Go too hard to show off, yet still obey team orders, whine about it in the press. Besides that there's plenty that I dislike about Frewwm that doesn't have anything to do with why I like cycling

What Landa did was hearing team orders, and basically saying *** you when there's a GT to be won, after being called back in the Giro.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site

Pricey_sky said:
ray j willings said:
I just don't see Landa a Sky rider. If he can win he will, earpiece out and off he go's.
If he rides with Froome its going to be fireworks.

Do think he will ride with Froome too often, Landa can lead Giro/Vuelta with a good team behind him with Froome doing the Tour.

I'm not so sure. I think they got him for super dom duties for Froome in the tour. I think the Giro and Vuelta will be decided on the road. DB has been talking up Thomas. They only focus on the Tour. I don't see anything changing.

Pricey_sky said:
ray j willings said:
I just don't see Landa a Sky rider. If he can win he will, earpiece out and off he go's.

Do think he will ride with Froome too often, Landa can lead Giro/Vuelta with a good team behind him with Froome doing the Tour.

LRP is gone, and Landa is the man to fill that role, which is a shame as I really like him as a rider

ray j willings said:
Pricey_sky said:
ray j willings said:

I'm not so sure. I think they got him for super dom duties for Froome in the tour. I think the Giro and Vuelta will be decided on the road. DB has been talking up Thomas. They only focus on the Tour. I don't see anything changing.

Dont think Thomas will get a gig next year, he wants to focus on the Olympics so it will be Tour for him. Landa will get leadership of the Giro for certain and that's more than he gets at Astana.

PremierAndrew said:
Pricey_sky said:
ray j willings said:

LRP is gone, and Landa is the man to fill that role, which is a shame as I really like him as a rider
No. He wouldn't have signed that contract.

He is signed in the role of Roberto Heras.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Fabio Aru ‏@FabioAru
Anche oggi hai dimostrato tutto il tuo valore dopo le grandi imprese e l'aiuto che mi hai saputo dare al Giro. Chapeau @MikelLandaMeana

At least Aru seems to understand him, he probably would have done the same if he was in his position.

Mikel Landa is the antithesis to the (supposedly) scientific and analitical aproach of Sky to pro cycling.

I hope they don't put Kerrison on him with his "revolutionary" methods, and they just let him work on his own, maybe with the tutelage of Xabier Artetxe.