• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Mikel Landa Discussion Thread

Page 98 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Movitrain said:
Rollthedice said:
Valv.Piti said:
ice&fire said:
Landa will race the ITT at the Spanish Nationals
Nice, lets see if the TT in Suisse just was a bad day or not.

He said it was a bad day.

What else would you want him to say though.

"I suck at ITTs."

Yeah, that's right.

He doesn't need to say anything, he proves it by showing us how he sucks at TT. He seemed to up his TT'ing when he was at SKY, surely he can't have lost it overnight.

We know he's not a good TTer, I don't think that's up for debate. But his ITT at TdS was just out of this world, but in a bad way. The gap to Quintana was so extraordinary that I immediately assumed he had taken it easy on that day. But then, in his interview with Marca, he confirmed he actually did have a horrible ITT. He might be going overboard by trying to time his peak for the last part of the Tour.

wheresmybrakes said:
Movitrain said:
Rollthedice said:
Valv.Piti said:
ice&fire said:
Landa will race the ITT at the Spanish Nationals
Nice, lets see if the TT in Suisse just was a bad day or not.

He said it was a bad day.

What else would you want him to say though.

"I suck at ITTs."

Yeah, that's right.

He doesn't need to say anything, he proves it by showing us how he sucks at TT. He seemed to up his TT'ing when he was at SKY, surely he can't have lost it overnight.

Happened before. Uran for example, when he left Quickstep. ;)

Uran was riding some really good TTs but when he wasn't it wasn't just his TT it was his general performance in GTs. After his two Giro podiums he fell into a slump. I doubt that Landa will ever be on Uran's level at least with the TT. TJVG also had two fifth places in the Tour and was riding good TTs but also fell into a slump. Landa will never win races because of his TT. He's another Andy Schleck as far as the TT goes. Bardet also rides some awful TTs from time to time and his general level is not good. Pinot had some good previous form in TTs but seems to struggle with them now. Quintana has improved though not as much as Uran did so there is no reason Landa couldn't make some improvement.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Re:

movingtarget said:
Uran was riding some really good TTs but when he wasn't it wasn't just his TT it was his general performance in GTs.
I'd disagree. Uran was still very good climber after leaving Etixx. But his TT got significantly worse.

Blanco said:
Kokoso said:
movingtarget said:
Uran was riding some really good TTs but when he wasn't it wasn't just his TT it was his general performance in GTs.
I'd disagree. Uran was still very good climber after leaving Etixx. But his TT got significantly worse.

Indeed, I would say he's climbing better than ever these days...

He wasn't climbing very well before last year's Tour hence his results. It wasn't just his TT letting him down.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

movingtarget said:
Blanco said:
Kokoso said:
movingtarget said:

Indeed, I would say he's climbing better than ever these days...

He wasn't climbing very well before last year's Tour hence his results. It wasn't just his TT letting him down.
Either you haven't read properly or you don't understand written text. Nobody argues it was just TT letting him down.

Salvarani said:
Koronin said:
Salvarani said:
Hopefully he will recover quickly from this crash

He said after the stage the injuries are all superficial and he's got a rest day to recover. Hopefully that's an accurate assessment.

Good news if so.

He is in a very good position so would be real disappointing to see him struggle in the mountains.

Agreed. I hope he's right. The team doctor hadn't looked at him yet, but if he's feeling that way, it's likely to be accurate. Rest day and then the mountains, which this team is looking forward to. Hopefully we will see the advantage of having 3 GC guys all in the mix once the mountains do start from this team. Landa is a huge key to this.

Koronin said:
Salvarani said:
Koronin said:
Salvarani said:
Hopefully he will recover quickly from this crash

He said after the stage the injuries are all superficial and he's got a rest day to recover. Hopefully that's an accurate assessment.

Good news if so.

He is in a very good position so would be real disappointing to see him struggle in the mountains.

Agreed. I hope he's right. The team doctor hadn't looked at him yet, but if he's feeling that way, it's likely to be accurate. Rest day and then the mountains, which this team is looking forward to. Hopefully we will see the advantage of having 3 GC guys all in the mix once the mountains do start from this team. Landa is a huge key to this.

Yup, interesting to see how it will work.

Quintana should be the first one to go on the attack and sending Amador or Soler in a break might not be a bad tactic either.

TRENDING THREADS