• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Mikel Landa Discussion Thread

Page 99 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
At this point you should start a Landa-excuse bingo.
Pig4bc.png

GAME ON

Re:

Koronin said:
After today's stage Landa said he back has gotten worse. He also specifically thanked Valverde for staying with him on the final climb.

The crash looked hard and it probably was aswell. Hope he can ride a little bit more relaxed the last week. Has he said anything about riding the Vuelta ? It is a little bit calmer there which I think will suit him.

Re: Re:

Serpentin said:
Koronin said:
After today's stage Landa said he back has gotten worse. He also specifically thanked Valverde for staying with him on the final climb.

The crash looked hard and it probably was aswell. Hope he can ride a little bit more relaxed the last week. Has he said anything about riding the Vuelta ? It is a little bit calmer there which I think will suit him.

He really wants to ride the Vuelta as that's the key to getting selected to the Spanish National team for the Worlds. He's also stated several times that he is very willing to race the Vuelta for Valverde. So it's highly likely that he goes to the Vuelta unless his back is much worse than anyone thinks it is.

Re:

Taxus4a said:
Today is his day. He is the best climber of the world...

Yeah, well - too bad he never shows that. In the end he will retire without GT win i guess. And not because his TT or something is not good enough, but he is just one step below the best climbers as well.

That said - i would really enjoy a strong showing today and of course he is still one of the guys who can deliver today.

According to Mikkel Conde on twitter, Landa had the following to say about tomorrow: “Hay que correr con cabeza, ya que tenemos cosas que defender, la clasificación por equipos y dos puestos entre los 10 primeros".

It seems Unzue has infected him with his brain worms. We must use our heads and remember that we have two top 10 positions and the team classification to defend? You are dead to me Landa, dead.

Re:

Zinoviev Letter said:
According to Mikkel Conde on twitter, Landa had the following to say about tomorrow: “Hay que correr con cabeza, ya que tenemos cosas que defender, la clasificación por equipos y dos puestos entre los 10 primeros".

It seems Unzue has infected him with his brain worms. We must use our heads and remember that we have two top 10 positions and the team classification to defend? You are dead to me Landa, dead.
He said that 2 days ago. Before the Stage that Quintana won.

It seems that everytime Landa joins a new team, he tends to struggle to be in top shape in his first year. However, in his second year, it's a completely different story and he's a beast in the moutains( Ex: Astana 2015, Sky 2017). Of course, it happens to alot of riders that they need some time to get used to their new team( new environment, different equipment....etc). Does anybody knows if he will do the Vuelta?

TRENDING THREADS