• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Mikel Landa Discussion Thread

Page 131 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The shape is there if you can win Burgos - You are making up tales to support your false narrative that Landa did not prepare for GC at the 2021 Vuelta.
Bruh, calm down. I'm just saying that he was injured the whole year so he didn't have the best preparation for the Vuelta, that's it. Landa is an amazing rider so for sure he can win races even when he's not at his best.

Given that he was 3rd in a very favourable Giro where Almeida and Bardet got sick I think he won‘t repeat the podium in this Vuelta, somewhere between 5th and 8th is more likely
The usual under appreciation of Hindley’s win. In fact Bardet would not have beaten Hindley sick or not. I also don’t see how Almeida would have minimised losses sufficiently on the Fedaia.

Landa to focus on the Tour in 2023, no Giro

Do you guys think Landa can be the best of the rest with Pogacar & Vingeggard securing the top 2 spots baring any crashes?
I see him fighting with Mas, Hindley & Carapaz for the podium.
Absolutely. This could be a great chance to podium. Bahrain can send a strong team, too. Give him Poels and Mader as mountain domestiques (Haig to Giro?) with rouleurs like Tratnik and he should be in the mix.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Landa to focus on the Tour in 2023, no Giro

I hope he can also go for the Vuelta in form next year. The Tour is made for him next year, no need to not go for the podium.

TRENDING THREADS