• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Millar and wiggins to leave garmin????

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
I recently read a story on bbc.co.uk that these two are leaving garmin next year to join the new british team. I have tried to ask team slipstream to confirm but my message is always moderated and not shown.

Any Journos out there want to investigate this? Me thinks something is up!

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
This was already answered by vauters a few days ago. No, they are not leaving Garmin.

Millar part owns the team and Wiggins is in contract until 2011 apparently

Martin318is said:
Millar part owns the team

Might that be because taking a stake in the team, rather than being paid, avoided paying back his creditors ?

(After an £800,000 fine for tax avoidance he signed an Individual Voluntary Agreement (IVA)* The last payment of his IVA was completed last month and he is officially solvent again.

*IVA is a formal agreement between you and your creditors where you will come to an arrangement with people you owe money to, to make reduced payments towards the total amount of your debt in order to pay off a percentage of what you owe then (generally after 5 years) your debt is classed as settled.)