• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Millar on BBC about doping

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
hiero2 said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/hardtalk/9571648.stm

Millar's words all ring true, and sound good. Have we got anybody here who is good at reading the eye movement body language? I'm not good at that, and I know it - I've had friends who were very good at "reading" people that way.

But I notice Millar's eyes are all over - to his right and down, a few times to his right and up, and a very few times to his left. So the words sound good, the voice is sincere - but I wonder it the eyes are telling us a different story.

Regardless - it is nice to hear him and it is a good interview, I think.

never believe a lier.

his cranium plates to me indicate a use of growth factors.

remember when "Davey boy" Millar said "he was not even doing/using "recovery therapy".

To me, this indicates a lier. If am a prosecutor and have a witness on the stand, replying in euphemisms and weasel words, my ears are immediately piqued.

Armstrong has a habit of using euphemism on delicate subject.

How does one interpret "even using" an illegal method/ doping.

It tells me Millar does not believe it is doping, and perfectly acceptable.

I see a "mission creep" here. My euphemism, I see Millar, and raise him on weasal word

They're a special bree, the Millars and Chambers' of this world. I do not quite understand them.
Perhaps they act on emotions, as in the moment they are capable of dealing, and then try and preserve consistency?
Can't bear to lie when your pants are off, but when they're back on, pretend there was no rash to be seen, and that it has since passed? From both, we need final tell-all books.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
samerics said:
Ffs, give the guy a break!

r u his sister?

He did wrong, he was punished, he has been vocally anti doping

the smoking companies have better agitprop pr firms, I think u should contact burson marstellar for starters

and the feeling in the Peloton is that he is clean.

the feeling arent working for me. And I thought the peloton was alpha type personality and find their feelings similarly difficult to reconcile

It's a frank interview, give him a break.

frank but about as transparent as opaque in the oxford dictionary

We've all done wrong in life, some pay the penalty, but, barring the most heinous of crimes, we all deserve a second chance.

I love the happy smiley feely arguments. And the second chances. Except with the death penalty

This forum is pathetic at times.

indeed

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
this sums up millar

pres-millar.jpg

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Cloxxki said:
They're a special bree, the Millars and Chambers' of this world. I do not quite understand them.
Perhaps they act on emotions, as in the moment they are capable of dealing, and then try and preserve consistency?
Can't bear to lie when your pants are off, but when they're back on, pretend there was no rash to be seen, and that it has since passed? From both, we need final tell-all books.
good post

/this post is redundant

samerics said:
blackcat said:
r u his sister?

Are you 12 years old? wtf.... This forum IS pathetic at times. Check the comment about his cranium plates........ he's a skinny athlete who's in his 30's. Very silly indeed.

So your views on him Villifying floyd yet silent on AC and valverde? This guy is a coward and self serving. Also a hypocrite. He says floyd should have come clean earlier, when he does tell the truth, millar says he's trying to ruin the sport. Keeping in mind that millar himself only came clean due to being arrested. Everyone knows that floyd and Tyler told the truth, but where was the support from saint David. Too busy telling everyone how he has changed. Well support the whistleblower then. And that goes for many of garmin who were involved in USP. Walk the walk. Dopers are one thing. It's the hypocrisy I despise.

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
blackcat said:
his cranium plates to me indicate a use of growth factors.

Can you elaborate a bit - do you mean that you can see the bone structure of his head through his hair?? If so, I'm well impressed, and you, sir, can make a fortune somewhere....

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
2008885 said:
Can you elaborate a bit - do you mean that you can see the bone structure of his head through his hair?? If so, I'm well impressed, and you, sir, can make a fortune somewhere....

He's working with WADA to develop a test based on pictures they email him. Professional. ;)

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
blackcat said:
remember when "Davey boy" Millar said "he was not even doing/using "recovery therapy".

To me, this indicates a lier. If am a prosecutor and have a witness on the stand, replying in euphemisms and weasel words, my ears are immediately piqued.

Armstrong has a habit of using euphemism on delicate subject.

How does one interpret "even using" an illegal method/ doping.

It tells me Millar does not believe it is doping, and perfectly acceptable.

I see a "mission creep" here. My euphemism, I see Millar, and raise him on weasal word

Millar was probably referring to vitamin injections and that sort of stuff. He wrote in his book that Moncoutie wouldn't even take the legal recovery injections.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Tyler'sTwin said:
Millar was probably referring to vitamin injections and that sort of stuff. He wrote in his book that Moncoutie wouldn't even take the legal recovery injections.

you do realise that "recovery therapy" is code for testo and growth

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Tyler'sTwin said:
He used similar lingo when referring to injections of prefolic acid, vitamin B and iron.

well, I suppose you believed him when he said he only doped twice when he "admitted" over the french cops sticking him in the pen for a coupla days.

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
blackcat said:
well, I suppose you believed him when he said he only doped twice when he "admitted" over the french cops sticking him in the pen for a coupla days.

:confused:

What the **** does that have to do with this discussion? It's about what he meant when he said 'recovery therapy'. I'm pointing out that Millar referred to legal injections as 'doing recovery'. It doesn't matter whether he's a lying piece of **** or not. The question is what he meant by 'recovery therapy'. Therefore, it's relevant that he used very similar lingo when referring to said legal injections. Get it? He claims he "wouldn't even do" vitamin shots at first and when he did; "I now did 'recovery'". With that in mind, isn't it kind of reasonable to assume that 'I don't even do recovery therapy' refers to legal injections? There's no need to get all haughty just because I'm kind enough to inform you that you've wasted dozens of posts over-analyzing a vague quote you may well have misunderstood, thus saving you the trouble of continuing to milk that quote over and over to everyone else's tedium.

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Blackcat - I'm still intrigued by your statement about Millars "cranial plates". What do you know about them exactly,and how do you know it?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
2008885 said:
This is fascinating stuff - do you have anything which even vaguely resembles evidence for this, or did it come to you during a high fever?

I am sorry. We know Millar only doped twice, and left the ampoule empty on the fire sill to remind him to not take that path again. He only doped twice, and would never dope again. How silly of me.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
blackcat said:
I am sorry. We know Millar only doped twice, and left the ampoule empty on the fire sill to remind him to not take that path again. He only doped twice, and would never dope again. How silly of me.

So, returning to the point about his brow bone, evidence please that it is that shape due to drugs and not genetics and being thin and in his 30's? Silly boy.

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
blackcat said:
sharpness of the brow ridge is a giveaway
Very true I for one have always known that people I see in the street with a sharp brow ridge are likely doping with "growth factors'. No doubt about it must be at least 15% of the population.

I am being sarcastic of course and why is it that bodybuilders do not seem to have these "sharp brow ridges"? anymore than anyone else?

I would really like to know the facts from Blackcat. Really like to know.

Look forward to hearing your reply thanks.