• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Millar whinging on doping ban for Olympics!

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
euanli said:
Apparent he is critical of Wiggins in tomorrows Guardian interview and blabs on some more about poor Lanceypoo

Wiggins, in contrast, is flayed. Why does Millar feel such anger towards his fellow Briton? "We [the Garmin team in 2009] made him. We basically rode him*into that fourth place finish in the Tour de France. It was not a one-man show. It was a team*effort. He wouldn't have hit the top 10 if he'd been on any other team so that's why I was so ****ed*off with him. He never once gave us the respect we deserved. Mark Cavendish understands the game – Brad*doesn't. He's a natural-born leader, Cav, whereas Brad has no leadership skills. The way Cav is with his team-mates helps make him an*incredible rider."

This interview takes place before Wiggins's notable victory in the Critérium du Dauphiné but Miller's caustic perspective bears repeating. Asked if Wiggins will make the top 10 in the Tour next month, after his humbling 24th place last year, Miller is unequivocal. "No. I'll be very surprised if he made the top 10 of the Tour again. Very surprised."

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Got a link hog? The other interview he has done recently says top 10. My fellow "Scot" is hardly consistant is he? I always thought he comes across as rather jealous. He should be the poster boy of BC, but he ****ed up big time.

euanli said:
Got a link hog? The other interview he has done recently says top 10. My fellow "Scot" is hardly consistant is he? I always thought he comes across as rather jealous. He should be the poster boy of BC, but he ****ed up big time.

I received a ahead of schedule copy. Be up on the web first thing.

Millar now accusing Voeckler of being a show-pony

Voeckler needed to make dramatic gestures to grab attention. "A lot of his early career was based on the fact that he couldn't compete with the big guys because they were 'prepared' [doped]," Millar said. "So he had to create a market for himself: cinematic, emotional, over the top, a lot of working the cameras, tongue out, trying too hard to make people love him.

As opposed to Millar to merely upholds omerta as a way to get the peloton to love him. Or the David Millar who loves to get his name in the papers at any opportunity while working the media pretending to be anti-doping.

Millar also hilariously claims:

"There is no doubt that it's cleaner," Millar said. "The highest guys are at a similar level because there are no big secrets out there. Once you have the 20 best in the world all eating the same thing, drinking the same thing and doing the same recovery, they are going to perform at a similar level and it is going to become very tactical.

Millar's such a bawbag.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011/jul/18/tour-de-france-2011-thomas-voeckler

May 26, 2010
Visit site
i have wondered at other rider's *****ing about Voeckler, is he the Bassons that decided to stay and say a big Phuck u to the omerta and for this reason the likes of Millar and Flecha have a problem with him?

Millar, no time for the guy, he is certainly angling for a media job after cycling and lets hope he dont get one:mad:

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Mrs John Murphy said:

As opposed to Millar to merely upholds omerta as a way to get the peloton to love him. Or the David Millar who loves to get his name in the papers at any opportunity while working the media pretending to be anti-doping.

Millar's such a bawbag.

Agree on both accounts with Millar. Sounds like a smart guy.

Mrs John Murphy said:

Millar's such a bawbag.

Millar is right about Voeckler showing off and you're right that Millar isn't exactly the right person to talk about people inventing their image.

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Mrs John Murphy said:

Millar's such a bawbag.

You have deliberately selected quotes to make it look like Millar is having a go at Voeckler. Look at what you missed out:

Competing, like many French riders, against dopers from other nations, Voeckler needed to make dramatic gestures to grab attention. "A lot of his early career was based on the fact that he couldn't compete with the big guys because they were 'prepared' [doped]," Millar said. "So he had to create a market for himself: cinematic, emotional, over the top, a lot of working the cameras, tongue out, trying too hard to make people love him. But now he is older and wiser, he has got a stronger body, and it is a more level playing field."

"There is no doubt that it's cleaner," Millar said. "The highest guys are at a similar level because there are no big secrets out there. Once you have the 20 best in the world all eating the same thing, drinking the same thing and doing the same recovery, they are going to perform at a similar level and it is going to become very tactical. And tactically, Voeckler is very clever.

"A lot can happen in the Alps, but I would put him on the podium at the moment, for sure. He is an incredible bike rider and I hope this Tour de France will give him the respect that he does deserve."

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
i have wondered at other rider's *****ing about Voeckler, is he the Bassons that decided to stay and say a big Phuck u to the omerta and for this reason the likes of Millar and Flecha have a problem with him?

Millar, no time for the guy, he is certainly angling for a media job after cycling and lets hope he dont get one:mad:

This will explain why some of the riders don't like Voeckler - nothing to do with doping: http://inrng.com/2011/07/popularity-the-peloton-vs-the-public/

Millar is actually very complimentary about Voeckler in that interview. So he says he's a bit of a showboat. Everybody has been saying the same thing since 2004. Why does it suddenly become wrong when Millar says it?

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Mambo95 said:
This will explain why some of the riders don't like Voeckler - nothing to do with doping: http://inrng.com/2011/07/popularity-the-peloton-vs-the-public/

Millar is actually very complimentary about Voeckler in that interview. So he says he's a bit of a showboat. Everybody has been saying the same thing since 2004. Why does it suddenly become wrong when Millar says it?

out of one side of his face, hence my point that he is angling for a post racing media career, which makes him a bigger media ***** than Voeckler IMO ;)

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Could someone with photoshop skills put Millar's face on St Peter?
550px-%27The_Release_of_St._Peter%27,_oil_on_canvas_painting_by_Bernardo_Strozzi,_c._1635,_Art_Gallery_of_New_South_Wales.jpg

hrotha said:
There's many reasons to criticize Millar, but his saying that Voeckler likes to put up a show is not one of them. Hell, it's obvious. Most of us think the same.

It struck me as incredibly *****y, for want of a better word, of Millar, especially given how Millar will never criticise the likes of Dertie, Armstrong etc, but he's quite happy to put the boot into Voeckler for the crime of playing to the cameras.

And Millar himself is quite happy to play to the camera's and to the media too. As a neopro he had a column in a monthly mag where he very carefully cultivated a media image - something he is still doing. So to criticise Voeckler for playing to the cameras is just hypocritical of him.

It's typical Millar. Mr Anti-Doping is happy to put the boot into Voeckler for playing to the cameras, Wiggins for not saying thank you, ***** about radios or the fact that they made him go down hill on some strada bianchi, but when it comes to being critical about doping he loses the ability to string a coherent and comes out with nonsense such as 'because Dertie is so consistent he has to be clean because dopers always have variable performances' and tells us 'to believe in Dertie'.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Stingray34 said:
Could someone with photoshop skills put Millar's face on St Peter?
550px-%27The_Release_of_St._Peter%27,_oil_on_canvas_painting_by_Bernardo_Strozzi,_c._1635,_Art_Gallery_of_New_South_Wales.jpg

Which one is St Peter? I hope its the guy on the right, because the other looks like Floyd.
"Ok Pete, its time. Let me help you take off your yellow band".

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Which one is St Peter? I hope its the guy on the right, because the other looks like Floyd.
"Ok Pete, its time. Let me help you take off your yellow band".

Yeah, the one on the right is st peter. He's being broken out of jail by angel gabriel. Maybe Lance's face can go on the angel, putting a yellow band on St Millar.

And a thought bubble has Millar dreaming of a book deal.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
goggalor said:
Lance seems to be a big Voeckler fan, so he's definitely no Bassons.

Lance is anti Contador so he will be a fan of anyone who can beat Bertie, which aint gonna be a Schleck if today is anything to go by;)

TRENDING THREADS