• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Mod on CN forum

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
Would it be more fun to have bamboo splinters shoved under your fingernails or to be a moderator on this forum. Discuss.:D

Its not as bad as people think.

(bamboo under the fingernails, I mean. Its actually kind of pleasant)

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Because Susan is on holiday does that mean that mean more incidents will slip by the keeper?:)

Careful what you wish for. It could well be that Susan is the balancing force that stops the rest of us Mods from Banning half the membership when you misbehave..... just sayin...

This place needs "junior" mods who have limited duties or areas of moderation.

Simply having four or five people whose sole duty is to ban [trolls and spam accounts] and delete [their] posts would get rid of the problem. It is low tech solution, but it would work. If a junior mod oversteps his bounds then take away his moderatorship.

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
BroDeal said:

Simply having four or five people whose sole duty is to ban BPC and delete his posts would get rid of the BPC problem, expecially since he now announces who he is by PMing users with his first posts. It is low tech solution, but it would work. If a junior mod oversteps his bounds then take away his moderatorship.

You mean like you, huh?

As I said yesterday, the real trolling that goes on by people like yourself, and the 1 post anti Lemond threads, are areas that need to looked at first and foremost.

Why are you obsessed with me simply for being banned before? Doesn't make any sense.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Martin318is said:
Careful what you wish for. It could well be that Susan is the balancing force that stops the rest of us Mods from Banning half the membership when you misbehave..... just sayin...

The forum could not survive without Susan. Only she can pull off the Mom "go-to-your-room" warnings posted in regular threads. My favorite Susan-ism is "this is a cycling forum, not a sex forum."

Susan rocks! :D

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:

Simply having four or five people whose sole duty is to ban [trolls and spam accounts] and delete [their] posts would get rid of the problem. It is low tech solution, but it would work. If a junior mod oversteps his bounds then take away his moderatorship.

Exactly what is it that you think I actually do all day?

Joking asside, I started out as exactly that - a junior mod - and wasn't given full powers to ban etc until what felt like 30seconds before the Tour started...

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Small question, did I suddenly become a mod? I can suddenly delete threads, add infractions and see peoples IP adress. I know I applied, but did someone forget to notify me that I became one? Or is it some kind of glitch?

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
If posts are going to be edited for that reason, we might as well close up right now, as there will be very little left to read.:p

Edit: Does that mean Wonderlance won't be recieving his moderatorship?

Susan Westemeyer said:
This was even more inane than usual.

And yes, I'm afraid that Wonderlance won't be a mod here.

Susan

FWIW I thought the "Reason: Inane Twaddle" was hilarious...and Hugh's response equally hilarious...and chapeux Susan on the response to the response.

Also, wouldn't inane twaddle actually mean "silly silliness"?

This post is likely inane as well, but I felt compelled to share ;)

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
flyor64 said:
FWIW I thought the "Reason: Inane Twaddle" was hilarious...and Hugh's response equally hilarious...and chapeux Susan on the response to the response.

This is cerncorship! I cannot stang a voilation of my liberty this is unconstitutional!

All I want to do is make things better for people like me and ACF who can recognise that our heros are infallable and good looking as well.

flyor64 said:

WonderLance said:
This is cerncorship! I cannot stang a voilation of my liberty this is unconstitutional!

All I want to do is make things better for people like me and ACF who can recognise that our heros are infallable and good looking as well.

Yeah, if Susan meant to say "silly sillyness" I'd say she nailed it.

Martin318is said:
exactly what "Constitution" are you talking about?

soviet_old_soviet_union_flag.jpg

That's my guess. ;)

I think the only way Wonderlance will be a mod here is if Chris E is a mod here as well, you know, to balance things out. But by all means WL, don't let me stop you from your campaign.

auscyclefan94 said:
Because Susan is on holiday does that mean that mean more incidents will slip by the keeper? :)

Susan may be the den mother, but when it comes to deleting posts and banning people, I am The Hammer and Martin is The Sickle.

:D

(Sorry, that was in jest. Actually, this entire post/thread is in jest, right?)

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
I think there are so many haters as moderators that it is only fair to have someone who knows the truth about Lance and Cycling to moderate the forum

but if you say so i must start a campaign to make ChrisE a moderator. He can be a moderator and I will be a Super mod or WonderMod.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
WonderLance said:
I think there are so many haters as moderators that it is only fair to have someone who knows the truth about Lance and Cycling to moderate the forum

but if you say so i must start a campaign to make ChrisE a moderator. He can be a moderator and I will be a Super mod or WonderMod.

If you become a mod, then so should I. Except that I would need to take myself seriously if I did.

TRENDING THREADS