• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Moderators

Page 243 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
If the person had a problem, they could have flagged the post and had it removed. Instead, they accused me of being a sock puppet, posted a bunch of personal and derogatory stuff and then posted the actual content of the PM vs my subjective precis / interpretation of same.

I get you don't like it, but there were 2 in this tango, and he gave as good or even better, with subsequent jibes about not having a life, etc.

You are upset because I posted my actual words instead of your intentional lie? Really?

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
Not at all. Didn't phase me in the least. I am not talking to you, I am responding, incorrectly, to Netserk. An issue that has been resolved a couple of posts back.

It didn't phase you? Yet you brought it up. And it does not matter who you were 'talking to' - you were talking about RR, so he is entitled to respond.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Dr. Maserati said:
It didn't phase you? Yet you brought it up. And it does not matter who you were 'talking to' - you were talking about RR, so he is entitled to respond.

We've already determined some posters cannot follow threads or conversations in threads, and it would seem this is a classic example of same.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
We've already determined some posters cannot follow threads or conversations in threads, and it would seem this is a classic example of same.

I realize you screwed up in your response to Netserk but it does not address that you attempted to troll RR some more.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
Me. It's very warm here and I decided to go rational.

Ok, let's go rational.

This post addresses you and others ability to post here. You became, in your words 'incredulous' when RR wrote by way of PM that he saw no 'smoking gun' with regards to Sky.
For this RR has been subject to harassment and abuse from you and others, particularly in the windy mountain stage.

Why that was allowed, is subject for a different discussion - my point to you is, why is it since you are convinced of something (in this case Sky/Wiggns, but it is not about the particular subject) that your only ability to push forward is by bashing those that do not agree with you?
For me, that's usually an indication that your whole point or premise is flawed or non existent.

And, it is not just limited to bashing people- today, a random post appears in the Wiggins thread about the Tour 09. A list of watts - no attribution to the author, no context, no links for people to peruse.

If you guys are so convinced in your argument, how does using underhand tactics help that?

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Copied from the Sky thread:

sittingbison said:
I'm certainly not race radios bodyguard.

Heed this and heed it well. I will banninate your arse if you flagrantly derail this or another thread, or hound and attack another member. No questions asked, no more gentle prodding, no more Mr Nice Guy.

On your own head be it
You should be everyones bodyguard.

Listen, lets be clear here. This is just another petty warning. We had one yesterday, another from Dan today.
People are not heeding your warnings, and the only thing the mods appear capable of is banning people, or even funnier, locking threads.

I do have some (a little) sympathy for your guys predicament, and I would lay a lot of the problems at Dans doorstep, or whoever is meant to be in charges door.
Quite simply, we have to wait for you come along to get any kind of action, thats not fair on you, or the members of the forum.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Copied from the Sky thread:

You should be everyones bodyguard.

Listen, lets be clear here. This is just another petty warning. We had one yesterday, another from Dan today.
People are not heeding your warnings, and the only thing the mods appear capable of is banning people, or even funnier, locking threads.

I do have some (a little) sympathy for your guys predicament, and I would lay a lot of the problems at Dans doorstep, or whoever is meant to be in charges door.
Quite simply, we have to wait for you come along to get any kind of action, thats not fair on you, or the members of the forum.

You must be joking? You said you'll go OT with nonsense stuff. Do some self editing, please, before attacking the mods. Without them you'd clog many threads unreadable, as you used to do...

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
peloton said:
You must be joking? You said you'll go OT with nonsense stuff. Do some self editing, please, before attacking the mods. Without them you'd clog many threads unreadable, as you used to do...

I won't go OT. Please read what I write.

If someone comes in to a thread and brings it OT, then I will respond to them wherever they bring it up. It is not up to me to mod other people behavior. If you see a post that is OT, then report it.

All I want is the mods is to start modding.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
I won't go OT. Please read what I write.

If someone comes in to a thread and brings it OT, then I will respond to them wherever they bring it up. It is not up to me to mod other people behavior. If you see a post that is OT, then report it.

All I want is the mods is to start modding.

You won't go OT?

You've done that multiple times, and even suggesting you'll do it again.

Go figure.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
peloton said:
You won't go OT?

You've done that multiple times, and even suggesting you'll do it again.

Go figure.
Listen, this is simple.

I have no intention of taking any thread off topic. None.
(although we could be accused of doing that here!!) - and I have never intentionally taken a thread OT, although I acknowledge it certainly has happened.

But if someone else does, I will respond (like I am doing here now).
Again, to be clear - in the Sky thread, I want to read about Sky, in the LA thread, I want to read about LA etc etc - but, it is up to the mods to mod it.

I pretty much will respond in kind - as an example, you and I are having a perfectly cordial exchange here. Why? Because you have been cordial and respectful, so I will reciprocate. Easy stuff.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Funny that Race Radio can dish out all the personal attacks he wants and the mods dont care one bit.

But when someone disagrees with his newsletter, or challenges his view on sky all hell breaks loose and the clinic goes on full lockdown.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
the sceptic said:
Funny that Race Radio can dish out all the personal attacks he wants and the mods dont care one bit.

But when someone disagrees with his newsletter, or challenges his view on sky all hell breaks loose and the clinic goes on full lockdown.

And here we go.
RR gave his view on Sky, in effect saying he had suspicions but nothing concrete.

All hell broke loose because he did not clearly state his absolute belief that Sky must be doping, and a pack of trolls (of which I am including you) went after him and are still doing it.
The mods should indeed put a stop to it as most of it has been deliberate distortion.

BroDeal said:
So now we have a class of members who cannot have their BS challenged. Can we get a list of such members put in the rules so we know who not to question?

There are no classes of members. Nobody is being protected. Race radio is a big boy, and vastly experienced on a variety of internet forums and twitter, he can look after himself.

Challenge the BS as much as you want. There is plenty out there. Just don't challenge/hound/bait/troll/insult (take your pick) the poster.

the sceptic said:
Funny that Race Radio can dish out all the personal attacks he wants and the mods dont care one bit.....

race radio certainly cannot dish out all the personal attacks he wants... although he is perfectly capable of dishing it out....and if he does he gets the same response as anybody else including your good self....escalating requests to desist starting with good natured private posts then gentle warnings then not so gentle warnings then a short ban if necessary to cool down and think about it and finally culminating in a long ban if you flagrantly continue.

the sceptic said:
...But when someone disagrees with his newsletter, or challenges his view on sky all hell breaks loose and the clinic goes on full lockdown.

All hell only breaks out when it gets personal and over the past couple of days hounding. Stop attacking the messenger and attack the message for a change.

the sceptic said:

Some suggestions:
(1) Stay polite at all times--even when confronted with an insult to your intelligence or your reading ability, or a reference to something revolting, like "clogging the toilet." A poster doing that is often baiting you into saying something offensive in return. When you do, then the poster baiting you with the insult will sit back and watch as his partner--the attack dog poster--insults you in a particularly rude and nasty manner. If you go down this road, you will surely be banned because the attack dog poster tests the rules like a Seattle Seahawks defensive back and is fully willing to get banned if it can get you banned as well.

(2). Avoid quoting a poster who snarkily insults you. Challenge his ideas, not his motives, or "agenda."

(3). Avoid an extended exchange with the snarky insulting poster. He's not there to discuss--he's there to WIN. The best you can hope for is to make your point. If you go on too long, a bad moderator like Berzin is going to accuse you of trolling, and only you can get banned for maintaining your opinion overlong.

(4) Keep in mind that if you share original thought, there will be people glad to read it, even if they disagree.

These are things I've learned. I try to apply them, but do sometimes fail.

Cyivel said:
The mods are out of control and I challenge Sitting Bison to a MMA match.

wont end well :)
images_zps6020d5ad.jpeg

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
MarkvW said:
Some suggestions:
(1) Stay polite at all times--even when confronted with an insult to your intelligence or your reading ability, or a reference to something revolting, like "clogging the toilet." A poster doing that is often baiting you into saying something offensive in return. When you do, then the poster baiting you with the insult will sit back and watch as his partner--the attack dog poster--insults you in a particularly rude and nasty manner. If you go down this road, you will surely be banned because the attack dog poster tests the rules like a Seattle Seahawks defensive back and is fully willing to get banned if it can get you banned as well.

(2). Avoid quoting a poster who snarkily insults you. Challenge his ideas, not his motives, or "agenda."

(3). Avoid an extended exchange with the snarky insulting poster. He's not there to discuss--he's there to WIN. The best you can hope for is to make your point. If you go on too long, a bad moderator like Berzin is going to accuse you of trolling, and only you can get banned for maintaining your opinion overlong.

(4) Keep in mind that if you share original thought, there will be people glad to read it, even if they disagree.

These are things I've learned. I try to apply them, but do sometimes fail.

Kudo's for this post.

Of course most will fail to adhere to it, but the main reason for that is because they get personally trolled, when that happens it is perfectly reasonable (but not really acceptable) that they will eventually react.

Status
Not open for further replies.