• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Moderators

Page 310 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Netserk said:
What was wrong with the part in grey? :confused:

I also think that how Armstrong used those with cancer was quite sick, perhaps worse than Madoff (perhaps not). Is that opinion allowed?

As long as you say Armstrong is evil you should be fine.

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
MarkvW said:
Using the moderator thread to attack another poster. Very uncool.

Perhaps to understand the meaning of the word "attack" would be helpful for you.

1at·tack verb \ə-ˈtak\
: to act violently against (someone or something) : to try to hurt, injure, or destroy (something or someone)

: to criticize (someone or something) in a very harsh and severe way

: to begin to work on or deal with (something, such as a problem) in a determined and eager way

You're welcome.

Netserk said:
What was wrong with the part in grey? :confused:

this might help:
...Bernie was not actually all that bad...

but wait, theres more!
...He was just too nice and wanted everyone to be rich...

This bit is an acceptable opinion:
...Giving false hope to those stricken with cancer on a human level is very sick. Very sick indeed...
but not necessarily when used as justification with THIS context:
....Lance in my mind was way worse than Bernie Madoff...

taken as a whole, its a giant troll

you stating this:
..I also think that how Armstrong used those with cancer was quite sick, perhaps worse than Madoff (perhaps not)....
is notnecessarily a troll, because it has not got same overall context

sittingbison said:
this might help:

but wait, theres more!

This bit is an acceptable opinion:

but not necessarily when used as justification with THIS context:

taken as a whole, its a giant troll

you stating this:
is notnecessarily a troll, because it has not got same overall context

To defend the position taken. It's well known that the secret sauce behind Madoff was "he was a nice guy". His deceit was very effective because people trusted him. That was the point being made. Also the misdeeds were perpetrated by the banks. They used Madoffs fund and encourage their clients into it to profit themselves.

Whereas Armstrong was a solo mission to deceive. He constructed it and brought many others along for the ride.

Madoff to this day is just about the only one to be punished for his crime. Wall St for the better part got away with it.

That was the point being made and yes some of it opinion but all based on fact.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politic...on-bernie-madoff-he-was-a-nice-guy-back-then/

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Netserk said:
Really? You banned him? I hope he confirmed his request over PM.

Thanks for your concern..

The thing is -That my postings where increasingly accumulating to offense...
I needed a time-out and requested a such.. Now I'am sober again :)
SB did exacltly as I would hope and expect, my wish was without smileys or anything to suggest a bad joke.. The request was genuine. Of course I missed a lot af action -but not really as the power of observation is sometimes greater when beeing unable to take part..

Furthermore, I entered this thread with an excuse of idiotic posting, if the self-imposed temporarily ban was not my intention then idiocy would be surely proved...

mrhender...

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
So just want to query why I was banned.

As far as I can tell it was for one post in the Dr Ferrari thread where I recommended that someone might be leaving it a bit late in life to apply for the 400k avoid bio-passport deal and best to avoid it if you were training other people...

No warnings via PM or on the thread and in four years I have received one infraction point so hardly a history of trolling.

It appears all other posts I had made recently were fine. Must have been one hell of a post to qualify for trolling, baiting and hounding in one go.

Don't be late Pedro said:
So just want to query why I was banned.... Must have been one hell of a post to qualify for trolling, baiting and hounding in one go.

yup. you nailed it in bold.

all that rolled up in a single post. And because of your excellent record, you only got three says instead of a week or two like the others did at the same time in the LeMond thread

I'll PM you

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
sittingbison said:
yup. you nailed it in bold.

all that rolled up in a single post. And because of your excellent record, you only got three says instead of a week or two like the others did at the same time in the LeMond thread

I'll PM you
Well, you have set yourself a very low tolerance for banning people. I will be sure to point out posts that meet that standard and I look forward to you trying to enforce it.

The Hitch said:
If thats the standard for trolling and baiting why aren't usual suspects serving consecutive life bans?:confused:

Just lucky I guess

Maybe a few (many) others should take note....not holding my breath though.

Seriously gentle(wo)men. If you want to troll bait and detail, you will suffer the consequences.

And yes Pedro, please report posts. The forum is in YOUR hands, all of our hands.

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Well, you have set yourself a very low tolerance for banning people. I will be sure to point out posts that meet that standard and I look forward to you trying to enforce it.

Yes, with this new lower threshold I was surprised to see that Digger was still with us.

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site

Might do better to look at yer own work, and figure out what was wrong with it. Then work to better tha posting style. Figures to be more productive than holding a contest in the wind.

Cheers;
H

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
btw - chapeaus all 'round. Dropped in the Horner thread, seein' as it was topical. It was actually readable - meaning it wasn't pages of people trying to spit on each other - or trying to get the other to spit first - you know.

Cheers,
H

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS