• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Moderators

Page 79 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the "honorable" DAOTEC is back! :""D

Well, I was wrong, DAOTEC did come back without any of you noticing.

coldeportes said:
Óscar Sevilla to ride the Ferrari of cycling next year with Orgullo Paisa

revistamundociclistico/Mañana-lanzamiento-de-Cannondale-en-Colombia.com
focus on Colombian cycling: check
strange comparisons: check
bolded text: check
coldeportes said:
come on hrotha - you know better - this game is no x-box

@ Duartista thanks for your honesty 3. -

> http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/60th-vuelta-a-colombia-2-2/stage-9/results
obscure arguing: check
honorable hrotha stuff: check
posting Spanish links: check

coldeportes said:
For one do you speak Spanish Duartista ...

Second can you translate Spanish properly ...

Third do you believe all in the news outlets ...

a need to know before the answer, but it is in the same quote !
google translation: check
coldeportes said:
double space before question marks: check
strange reasoning: check
knowledge of Colombian cycling: check

coldeportes said:

posting obscure links without explanation: check
coldeportes said:
Big mistake - The end of UCI is near - WRONG enemy !

http://www.marca.com/2011/11/09/ciclismo/1320856820.html
associative posting: check
USE OF capital letters: check
coldeportes said:
Mauricio Ardila correrá con el firma Coldeportes-Colombia para el 2012
posting in Spanish: check
bold: check
coldeportes said:
Coldeportes recibe UCI licencia de la Equipo Profesional Continental.

jairo-clopatofsky-carta-uci-600-px.jpg
The boss Jairo Clopatofsky

source: http://ciclismodecolombia.com
posting useless pictures: check
posting obscure sources: check
extensive knowledge of Colombian cycling: check
a little Spanish, a little English: check
coldeportes said:
" this is the one "
strange punctuation: check
using " quotation marks " like this: check
coldeportes said:
Fabio Duarte riding for Coldeportes in 2012 official.
being the first to post "official" news: check

coldeportes said:
strange smileys: check

coldeportes also writes a title for each post, just like DAOTEC. Proof beyond a reasonable doubt, methinks.

cfr.

DAOTEC said:
Is he ? ... Was he ? ... Will he ? ... Or ... what ?

Alberto Contodor program 2011 ... just released on Tv at Veo7

Vuelta al Algarve (16-20 February)

Vuelta a Murcia (4-6 March)

Volta a Catalunya (21-27 March)

Vuelta a Castilla y León (13-17 April)

? possible a clásica or GP

Giro de Italia (7-29 May)

On his chances for Algarve tomorrow Berto had this to say:

Asked about his possible participation in the Tour de France Alberto is cautious. "I first build up the season to start in the Giro", then we will see.

Complete: (http://biciciclismo.com/)
DAOTEC said:
Yeah your right ... if interested in 1 hour on Rai >>

At 23:55 on 2 Raisport "The Ulitmate step»

[http://www.tuttobiciweb.it/index.php?page=news&cod=36149&tp=n]
DAOTEC said:
But I guess we all know where you stand.
+1.gif

Hrotha I honestly don't understand the constant cheap shots at the US riders and especially at Phinney. Read: http://twitter.com/usacycling/tour-de-l-avenir

GC, Tour the l'Avenir: 87 Taylor PHINNEY ÉTATS-UNIS 2hours:11min:47sec :eek:

That's not cheap hrotha it is the truth about a dude that pretends he has 'courage'

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I fail to perceive your logic, guys. Firstly you all whine that the guy should be freed but then declassify him (if it's really him, of course) directly in the Moderators thread :eek::D

Kvinto said:
I fail to perceive your logic, guys. Firstly you all whine that the guy should be freed but then declassify him (if it's really him, of course) directly in the Moderators thread :eek::D

DAOTEC name on prikbord: "RockRacing"
new account name here: "coldeportes"

Just a name of a team that DAO likes.

This is either DAO, or a brilliantly well-researched DAO troll.

Posting something with no explanation of what it is and drawing Susan's ire is a particularly good DAO trademark. Though for bonus points he should have posted a whole bunch of random transfers, not linked any of it, and then posted something totally random when Susan called him out.

Anyway, I think it was dim who said when DAOTEC was first banned, could we have him back AFTER the transfer season but before new kits were announced... whoever it was, they're not far from getting their wish.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Sylvester said:
Well, I was wrong, DAOTEC did come back without any of you noticing...

Back in the days, in the Kindergarten and first school classes, guys like you would have had the pleasure to undergo a special treatment with the feared itching-powder, made from the secret fruit, out of the secret itching-power-shrub.

The 1to1 Deutsch-English translated word for this is "smart-sheiter". :D

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Cobblestoned said:
Back in the days, in the Kindergarten and first school classes, guys like you would have had the pleasure to undergo a special treatment with the feared itching-powder, made from the secret fruit, out of the secret itching-power-shrub.

The 1to1 Deutsch-English translated word for this is "smart-sheiter". :D

one must wonder what you would have been :D

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
First off al: apologies to the people that I've annoyed.
I'd just like to stress how much I hated being banned, it was utterly terrible.

I’ve got some awesome news for the mods: I’ve kept a diary during my suspension. This will help you guys understand how a member deals with his ban.

My Diary

Day 1: Those ****ers at Cyclingnews have banned me for the second time. This time for a whole month... That’s outrageous! They better not allow me back on there any time soon, because I will destroy that entire community. I’m already thinking of getting like 70 sockpuppet accounts, that will teach them. It’s gonna be so badass. You’re the best Boomcie.

Day 3: Today I read a lot of great stuff on the boards. It’s such a great place, but why the hell are the mods such prudes around there?
The only guy I don’t miss is D_T. He really screwed me over. I hope he feels my pain.

Day 6: I’m losing interest in the forum, I don’t think I’m ever going back there.

Day 10: My god, what have I done? I’ve been a terrible person. Even my buddy Craig said I needed to know when to stop. I clearly don’t know my boundaries. I would like to apologize to Craig and all the other nice people that I’ve bothered with my childish actions. If they’d only allow me back on the forum today, I would become the nicest member anyone has ever seen.

Day14: I really miss D_T, he’s such a lovely person and his posts are so fascinating. Why did I mistreat him like that? It’s not like he ever did something wrong to anyone.

Day 17: What was I thinking? D_T doesn’t deserve my pity. I really feel bad about what I did, but do I deserve such a terrible punishment?

Day 21: Today I’m allowed back on the forum, this is going to be awesome. It really seems like an eternity since I was banned.
Damn it, I made a mistake. It’s next week. Crap.

Day 25: I’be trieds ervery Bear that my buddy ScotSoaksall has suggested in the beeer treat. i feel gfeatttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Day 27 : It’s just sad that they banned me for a month, that is incredibly long. I’m really happy to see that the “Who is/are your favorite user(s) on this forum?” thread lives on without me. I’m going to start writing another race myself.
The Wheelsucker thread has been voted the “best best” thread. Who would have thought that anyone but me would remember that awesome topic? I had fun reading it again, but I miss posting on the forum.
I’m also thinking about creating a refuge forum for banned users. It would be an alternative forum that banned users could use to keep in touch with the rest of us. I might create a topic about this when I’m allowed back.

Today: Finally I’ll be allowed back on the forum. I would like to thank the people that mentioned me during my absence. It’s nice to know that you are not being forgotten. Now I’m going to log in. I feel a lot cooler than I did before my ban. Thanks CN.

boomcie said:

I’ve got some awesome news for the mods: I’ve kept a diary during my suspension. This will help you guys understand how a member deals with his ban.

My Diary

Day 1: Those ****ers at Cyclingnews have banned me for the second time. This time for a whole month... That’s outrageous! They better not allow me back on there any time soon, because I will destroy that entire community. I’m already thinking of getting like 70 sockpuppet accounts, that will teach them. It’s gonna be so badass. You’re the best Boomcie.

Day 3: Today I read a lot of great stuff on the boards. It’s such a great place, but why the hell are the mods such prudes around there?
The only guy I don’t miss is D_T. He really screwed me over. I hope he feels my pain.

Day 6: I’m losing interest in the forum, I don’t think I’m ever going back there.

Day 10: My god, what have I done? I’ve been a terrible person. Even my buddy Craig said I needed to know when to stop. I clearly don’t know my boundaries. I would like to apologize to Craig and all the other nice people that I’ve bothered with my childish actions. If they’d only allow me back on the forum today, I would become the nicest member anyone has ever seen.

Day14: I really miss D_T, he’s such a lovely person and his posts are so fascinating. Why did I mistreat him like that? It’s not like he ever did something wrong to anyone.

Day 17: What was I thinking? D_T doesn’t deserve my pity. I really feel bad about what I did, but do I deserve such a terrible punishment?

Day 21: Today I’m allowed back on the forum, this is going to be awesome. It really seems like an eternity since I was banned.

Day 25: I’be trieds ervery Bear that my buddy ScotSoaksall has suggested in the beeer treat. i feel gfeatttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Day 27 : It’s just sad that they banned me for a month, that is incredibly long. I’m really happy to see that the “Who is/are your favorite user(s) on this forum?” thread lives on without me. I’m going to start writing another race myself.
The Wheelsucker thread has been voted the “best best” thread. Who would have thought that anyone but me would remember that awesome topic? I had fun reading it again, but I miss posting on the forum.
I’m also thinking about creating a refuge forum for banned users. It would be an alternative forum that banned users could use to keep in touch with the rest of us. I might create a topic about this when I’m allowed back.

Today: Finally I’ll be allowed back on the forum. I would like to thank the people that mentioned me during my absence. It’s nice to know that you are not being forgotten. Now I’m going to log in. I feel a lot cooler than I did before my ban. Thanks CN.

good times are back ..big time

A

Anonymous

boomcie said:

My Diary

:D A sense of humor is like a breath of fresh air.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
My Diary

Day 1: Boomcie nooooo! Why the heck do those ****ers at Cyclingnews press the self-destruct button and get themselves banned for the second time. It is a whole month... That’s crazy! Stop is stop. Stop isn't almost stop. Goh I hate banning people, or see people get themselves banned.

Day 3: Today I got a lot of mod reports. Some spot on, some a bit much. It’s such a great place, but what is it with that asterisk replacement script? What is with people in Pakistan anyway? The only guy I miss is Boomcie. Hard lesson, hope he is relieved it is the off season, and not De Ronde. Oh no, and the Hog-forecaset predicts action in the Lance case. Boomcie is gonna hate missing the action.

Day 6: 3 hours trawling logs and IP addresses, a few PMs to people so they know they are pushing it a bit in the eyes of the mods, so they can make their on minds up, discussions with Martin about yet another grey area call to make. All for the good of it all, but all I read is how we suck. I’m losing interest in moderation, I am starting to forget why I am doing this. Partner complains that I am answering alerts whilst watching a movie with her.

Day 10: My god, what was I thinking?! 2 spammers kicked out, the suspected troll too, on his 7th post(!), after he finally tripped an early red wire (that Day 6 did pay off after all). Got 2 threads back on topic and stopped the petty tiff between two regulars in one. Helped another member fixing his image problems, and had a great 3-way conversation with other mods which crystallized why this that looked the same wasn't the same at all. Still managed to rely on "overtime" by another mod, although I know how much time they are already committing to the site. Just so I could have a night with my partner without interruptions. I’ve been a terrible person. I need to know when to stop. I clearly don’t know my boundaries. I would like to apologize to my partner.

Day14: At least nothing happened this Tuesday, or was it next? Hog-weather is hard to predict. It usually breaks out, eventually, but the timing can be a bit fuzzy. Wonder how Boomcie is getting on. Why did he make us treat him like that? It’s not like he ever did something really mean to anyone, but he is getting more and more entrenched, and "the mate, please calm down a bit" messages were ignored over and over. Were we too harsh?

Day 17: What was I thinking? Boomcie doesn’t deserve my pity. I really feel bad about what I did, but he did try to sneak one more in, after all off us had been involved with him and we clearly flagged that enough was enough. It is a terrible punishment, but the rules are clear, and if you didn't get it after 1 day, that 3rd strike will hurt.

Day 21: Today Boomcie is allowed back on the forum, this is going to be awesome! It seems like an eternity since he was banned. Hope he is showing why we like him and find a brilliant way to make a come-back, rather than (just) whine about us. he won't be happy, I get that, but strange as it sounds, neither are we, as band feel like a failure by us too.

Day 24: I know what! I can covertly edit and sneak in some beers into ScotSaoksall's last post..someone surely will appreciate the suggestions and want to try them all!

Day 27 : Man, a month is incredibly long. I am glad we dumped his "worst user" thread, but it's good to see that the “Who is/are your favourite user(s) on this forum?” thread lives on even without him. Great poster on the whole, hopes he gets the subtleties at the bottom end. We let things slip through all the time, but know when to stop.... here's hoping. The good stuff is cracking, long may it come. Hope the beer helped him in through the last week.

Today: Finally Boomcie is allowed back on the forum. Good to see he is a great sport about it, and that he ain't totally happy with us I get. The sooner we can put this episode to rest, bury it deep, and move on, the better. None of us enjoyed it, it seems. He'll probably like us a bit less, but I am sure looking forward to see Boomcie in full flight again, and it sure is great to see a stellar and creative re-entry. Keep flying high mate, and we'll all enjoy it. I happily accept being a bit less popular for that.

And were still waiting for Hog-watch day. You, thankfully, haven't missed any action, but probably some good banter, I appreciate that, and for what it is worth, sorry, in a way.

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
Yes, threatening violence against those responsible for the forum is always hysterical..........

Susan

Boowoo, threatening physical violence... Do you really think I would slap Oprah Winfrey, David Schwimmer or Jesus? I for one never use physical violence.

I believe that for every sane person, that thread is about whom they dislike, not about people they would slap when they met them. Also mentioning someone like Daniel there is what I perceive as a joke. A pretty good one, while we're at it.

On a side note:

You guys already on Martin's infraction? Cause I see his post is still intact. I believe most sages and scholars would frown upon that, seeing as I received an infraction for something very similar this morning.

Or are we really going to turn this place into a corrupt oligarchy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS