• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Moderators

Page 50 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
jobiwan said:
Question: What is the difference between Administrator and Moderator?

On this site - very little. Essentially, the Administrators have a couple of extra rights that allow us to do more with suspensions, etc. We are still volunteer moderators though - not site administrators or anything.

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Martin318is said:
On this site - very little. Essentially, the Administrators have a couple of extra rights that allow us to do more with suspensions, etc. We are still volunteer moderators though - not site administrators or anything.

You brave souls :p

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
on3m@n@rmy said:
Yeah, as Alpe indicates, I've a feeling the *mods/admins (* being wildcard for any kind of mod or admin) prolly spend a lot more time on this site in the background than the rest of us know.

I only do about 50hrs a week on here... no more than that..

My posts on this thread usually get ignored anyway (whens Francois the Postman coming back by the way?) but i would just like to ask if there is a way for those who get "bans" to get in contact with the mods. When i got banned i wasnt able to read the forum, yet alone find a way to pm a mod about the misunderstanding.

I remember when some poster (think it was DAOTEC) got a short ban and then came back as a sockpuppet it was said that "he should have contacted a mod by pm rather than registering as a new user".

No such option from what i can see.

Also is this horrid "TDF 3 strike system" getting dropped in August, what with July being over?

The Hitch said:
My posts on this thread usually get ignored anyway (whens Francois the Postman coming back by the way?) but i would just like to ask if there is a way for those who get "bans" to get in contact with the mods. When i got banned i wasnt able to read the forum, yet alone find a way to pm a mod about the misunderstanding.

I remember when some poster (think it was DAOTEC) got a short ban and then came back as a sockpuppet it was said that "he should have contacted a mod by pm rather than registering as a new user".

No such option from what i can see.

Also is this horrid "TDF 3 strike system" getting dropped in August, what with July being over?

wow, I had no idea this was what life in exile was like. I am not planning on getting banned, but I assumed (wrongly I guess) that a ban meant losing your ability to post but still being able to get on cyclingnews and read the forum posts. :eek:

So, like Hitch mentions, if someone gets banned then how does one get in touch with mods, or even send a message to a 'friend'...and is it complete cold turkey from reading the forum???
Thanks,
mew

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
i would just like to ask if there is a way for those who get "bans" to get in contact with the mods.

Yes, use the "Contact us" details on either the main site or the forum pages.

When i got banned i wasnt able to read the forum

Absolutely no logical reason for that to happen. If you go to the forums without logging in you can still read the threads - there is nothing in the suspension process that would prevent you seeing posts

More on this from Dan soon

Martin318is said:
Yes, use the "Contact us" details on either the main site or the forum pages.

Absolutely no logical reason for that to happen. If you go to the forums without logging in you can still read the threads - there is nothing in the suspension process that would prevent you seeing posts

More on this from Dan soon

When I got banned, everytime I put a CN forums url into my internet all that came up was a notice saying

“You have been suspended from …. Your ban will be lifted on .. .. at … pm”
or something to that effect.

I did not have the option of logging out. I tried to click on my username but the screen would just reload the message.

I did not have the option of viewing anything in the forum. Hence I had no way of viewing mod contact details or of pming them anyway.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
from the clinic's van heeswijk thread

Bala Verde said:
I determine what is on and off topic. If you don't like it, I would recommend you find yourself another forum. ...

ban me if you like, but that is an extremely childish attitude.

Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
gregod said:
from the clinic's van heeswyk's thread

ban me if you like, but that is an extremely childish attitude.

You omitted the most important part of the post you quoted -

Bala Verde said:
I determine what is on and off topic. If you don't like it, I would recommend you find yourself another forum. This thread is not intended to rehash what has been said a million times already. If you don't know what has been said before, feel free to use the search function and query everything Armstrong related.

Take the Armstrong discussion to the available Armstrong thread(s).

Too many threads here can be characterized by "wash, rinse, repeat". Did you know that there are "official" threads for Contador, LA, Flandis? Do you think the forum would benefit by allowing a new thread about a particular personage every time a stray thought pops into a posters head?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS