• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Mosquera positive in the Vuelta

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Well Vacansoleil will be really happy with their signings if this is true

Also this would be really quick lab work, and probably no b-sample testing yet, if it does turn out to be true, it would take quite some time to be announced officialy I would think

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=31033

Ezequiel Mosquera, second in the last Tour of Spain, and other Xacobeo Galicia rider tested positive in the last Tour of Spain, according to Cadena Ser advance and confirmed BICICICLISMO.

Mosquera no ha recibido notificación alguna, pero, según han revelado fuentes de toda solvencia a BICICICLISMO, el positivo existe, así como de otro compañero de equipo. Mosquera has not received notice, but sources have revealed all BICICICLISMO solvency, there is positive and another teammate.

Edit: No link for it yet but word is the teammate is David Garcia

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Although I'm relatively sure Contador will get away since he has a batallion of good lawyers, unlike Li.

I fear you are probably right on this front. From the langauge of the press release it looks like the UCI is gearing up to try and not punish Contador for this. I wonder if it is just another stupidly misguided attempt by McQuaid to 'protect the image of the sport' or if Astana has made a generous donation to the fight against doping...

Jamsque said:
I fear you are probably right on this front. From the langauge of the press release it looks like the UCI is gearing up to try and not punish Contador for this. I wonder if it is just another stupidly misguided attempt by McQuaid to 'protect the image of the sport' or if Astana has made a generous donation to the fight against doping...

Or maybe Contador really did not dope and it is true that the ultra-tiny amount of that substance in his body has an accidental origin?

Let's not crucify everyone so fast.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Jamsque said:
First off: I'm not leaning either way (I do believe AC uses refills, but thats another story), but AC might have a way out.

There was a report of high doses Clen being found in European, but especially(tahdah) Spanish Beef. This was Belgian research (jan 2009).

Considering the low dosage he might be able to get away with this strategy. Unless the metabolism of eating Clen stained meat gives different readings... then he will be toast.

Curious how this one will finish.

ttrider

BANNED
Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Frankly who cares there is a far bigger fish on the racks who is actually innocent
It was patently obvious Mosquera was and David Garcia....well you would bet your house on it to, good riddance

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Nothing surprising about Mosquera there hey. Always had suspicions about that guy any how. David Garcia Da Pena ( Xacobeo- Galcia ) who finished 11 th overall in the 2010 Tour of Spain, quite possible he is one of the riders implicated also. If so the new Top Ten in the 2010 Vuelta should be thus:

1st Vincenzo Nibali
2nd Peter Velits
3rd Joaquin Oliver Rodriguez
4th Frank Schleck
5th Voldini Tondo
6th Nicolas Roche
7th Carlos Sastre
8th Tom Danielson
9th Luis Loen Sanchez
10th Mikel Nieve Iturralde.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Funny guys who knew it all before. The question is why you didn´t offer your opinions before the positives?

We had/have 2 threads about Mosquera (& to a certain point Garcia Dapena) before they tested positive. There was a pretty good discusion pro and contra going on there.

After all i can say i knew 1963 that Merckx one day will be positive.LOL

TRENDING THREADS