• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Most awesome sunglasses in the peloton?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Archibald said:
okay, dumb question time: why put the arms of your sunnies on the outside of your helmet straps? What's the logic behind that?

'cos it's PRO, innit. :D

And that, as Willy Voet said, the straps can compress the frame against your head, which can be a nuisance in a crash if the straps tighten significantly, snapping the frame and embedding this in your temple.

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Everyone knows you'll never beat the Italians for amazing sunglasses/anything, right? That being said, the English speaking peloton has produced some gems over the years.

I'm not sure that he ever rode in these, but I present to you Andy Hampsten. Classy.

pic10620585_600.jpg

Phil Anderson was also a fan of the snow googles look, and what a classy look it was.

kelly-anderson.jpg

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
we really are getting desperate for things to talk about arnt we. And its only november.

Besides, we all know who has the greatest sunglasses in the peloton.

ao2jrk.png

Oh dear. I was just able not to hate Transitions-Tyler and ESP anymore for this commercial. That was horrible.
Now it all comes back. :eek:

Lets say, I had 90 "racedays" on ESP. Lets say 2 hours of livecoverage in average. Lets say there were 4 commercial breaks/hour with with Tyler.
Sometimes 2 times in one commercial break, but we just leave that.

Thats 720 times "Ich bin Tyler Farrer, Sprinter im Team Garmin Transitions"
But I will round it up 1000, because this commercial even came when i watched other sports on ESP.

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Cobblestoned said:

Oh dear. I was just able not to hate Transitions-Tyler and ESP anymore for this commercial. That was horrible.

Lets say, I had 90 "racedays" on ESP. Lets say 2 hours of livecoverage in average. Lets say there were 4 commercial breaks/hour with with Tyler.

But I will round it up 1000, because this commercial even came when i watched other sports on ESP.

I agree. this was played at every commercial break of any race on eurosport. wanted to rip my eyes out I saw it so many times. on the up side, transition is out next year so lets hope we dont have to see it ever again.

redranger said:
I agree. this was played at every commercial break of any race on eurosport. wanted to rip my eyes out I saw it so many times. on the up side, transition is out next year so lets hope we dont have to see it ever again.

Sorry to go a bit off topic but yes i must agree with everyones thoughts on the Tyler Farrar commercial. watching Eurosport streams.......and every set of breaks we would hear this....sometimes twice...........so i am sick of Tyler Farrar 'Sprinter of team Garmin Transitions'................and also another ad that i have had enough of...........FOCUS!!!! Yes i freaking get it....their bikes are made in Germany:(

Cobblestoned said:

Lol. When I was in italy I had german commercials on eurosport. I cracked up every time the german version of that commercial aired. Hahahahah

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
What big eyes you have.

Ok here's my question about this picture. In what universe are Chiappucci, Abdujaparov, Boardman and some random form Roslotto ZG all riding together in the same group on what looks like some sort of mountain?

For The World said:
Ok here's my question about this picture. In what universe are Chiappucci, Abdujaparov, Boardman and some random form Roslotto ZG all riding together in the same group on what looks like some sort of mountain?

The '96 Tour de France was memorable for many things, not all of them good of course. Abdou was riding for Refin that year and it was to be his last complete Tour because the following year he got a ban for our old friend clenbuterol. Abdou spectacularly won alone on what was essentially a mountain stage. ;)

Here's the original CN report of Stage 14 which is, I think, probably what you're seeing in the picture there.