• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Most Hideous Team Kit

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Just watched the first stage of the Tour....WHAT is that Ag2r are wearing.....man it's fugly:( it's as bad as Le Groupments gear was.They should lose thier Pro Tour licence for that. The French are meant to have style... and as for Agritubal's helmets:mad:.......Off topic Contadors helmet did anybody notice?....new Giro!

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
anubisza said:
I don't think the Columbia kit looks bad, too be honest.

I think they're truly hideous, but hey, everyone has a different opinion about art too, so I guess people's eyes respond differently to certain color combinations.

A

Anonymous

Amsterhammer said:
I think they're truly hideous, but hey, everyone has a different opinion about art too, so I guess people's eyes respond differently to certain color combinations.

Like Bro said, white really did make their asses look big. I think a more slimming color would be better.

Saxo Bank as taken quite a tumble. I liked them before, but now... In fact, pretty much any team that has capitulated to the 3/4 white kit mafia has lost my vote. (Astana, Cervelo, etc.) Garmin's are lame, too, and Rabobank needs to shake it up a bit.

The standouts for me are Lampre & Liquigas. Also Bougyues for the blue kit/red bike combo.

The only kit that almost made me vomit during stage 1 was Garmin - those poopcoloured sleeves are just hidious!

After looking at some pictures from the team presentation and todays stage I must agree with the following picks for "nasty encounters":
- Contadors Spanish TT kit
- Cervelos kit (looks like a dalmatian with to few spots)
- The new Ag2r kit (actually it's a decent design, but once again the feces colour is beyond repair)

But disagree with:
- Rabobanks kit (That one's just c-l-a-s-s-i-c-a-l-!)
- Columbias new green addition (It actually improves the look, which granted wasn't pretty beforehand)

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I was watching this in the flesh, and saw the AG2R stuff for the first time on the start line. I had to look a few times. I don't mind the Colombia though, and I reckon the Cervelo is probably a result of rider complaints. Having ridden the last few days across France in baking heat, I wouldn't want to be wearing black kit...

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Like Bro said, white really did make their asses look big. I think a more slimming color would be better.

All I can say is let's hope it doesn't rain or those shorts will become transparent:eek:

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
The Garmin muscle shirts! Those riders arms look like bleddy pipe cleaners!

Mind you, whats going on in Contadors nix?? The front kinda looks like the rear end of a mare!

Bagster

BANNED
Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
arealbiginjun said:
I think the reversed Cervelo kit has a more than passing resemblance to a milk cow. We'll have to see what antler/longhorn man does when he sees it.

Not as much as the Milram resembles a blue and white Fresian cow.

Garmin for me... hideous, Followed by Lotto.

Better hope those white shorts are double layered, a hairy *** in wet single layer white shorts is not a good look!

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I thought Contador looked like he was riding for Saunier Duval :confused: Then I realised they are not in the sport in anymore. Mind you Lepheimer's USA National Champs jersey last year was just plain dire, I would be outraged if the person who designed it got paid for that. I liked George Hincapie's and Stijn Devolder's respective national champ jerseys when they were both at Discovery Channel.

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
luckyboy said:
I like Bouygues & FdJ's kits. Especially FdJ

Liquigas is quite nice - the plainer ones are the best, I think
Agreed... I think FDJ and Bouygues kits do an excellent job of presenting the brands. The Cervélo riders must be so happy about the new white kits in the hot summer weather.

For me, the problem with Columbia HTC is that there are too many gratuitous elements on the kit. It distracts from the brands. At least that "six pack" stomach thing is gone with the addition of the HTC logo.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
My two cents.

Three Best Current Jerseys at TDF 2009 - Stage 1 ITT:
BBox Bouygues Telecom - nice combination, good uncluttered sponsor message, doesn't over-egg design too much, but stands out for a good reason.
Cofidis - simple, clear, bright, I'd have been happy to trundle around Monaco at my comparative snails pace during the ITT wearing this.
Stijn Devolder's National Jersey - A Belgian champ's kit is always at its best with minimal advertising, and the solid colours help Stijn to look bigger and more imposing too. Now if he can do that on his bike when south of Wallonie...

Special Mention: for Prince Albert. Surprisingly dignified, yet not frumpy, he knows that he dressing down for the occasion won't work, as we can see by Alonso's failed "hot white T" look beside him, yet that surprise tie and the lighter trousers sets his ensemble off beautifully, giving the image of former playboy, who does important things now. Chapeau!

Three Worst Current Jerseys at TDF 2009 - thus far:
The Contador Spanish TT Champion kit. I am exceedingly glad he did not win the national road race for fear of seeing that regular through the race. Why could he have not learned from Valverde last year?
Katusha. How have the got off the hook for this all season? Images onto cycling jerseys MUST NOT GO. And still it manages to be bland? Not quite Ton Ton Tapis, but even so.
Silence Lotto - So much choice. I could have picked a few, Colombia, Garmin, the AG2R or Cervélo Shorts. While the busy-ness of both the design and the colour choice are both distressing, the asymetric sleeve thing on the long arms of the skinsuit really made it stand out for me. Bad silence Lotto, no story for you this evening!

Special Mention: for the Carrefour KOM Podium girls. All I can say is "Ouch".

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Serramenti PVC Diquigiovanni-Androni Giocattoli's is shocking. Just a clutter of sponsor's names and it looks messy. I hope Gianni Savio doesn't have any more sponsorship deals in the pipeline because I'm not sure if they have room for any more.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
From the home page:

Italian Federation calls for redesign of Pozzato's jersey

Team Katusha's design unacceptable

Filippo Pozzato and Team Katusha need to respect the design of the national champion jersey, said the Italian cycling federation (FCI) today in a press statement.

"It is not the same design we gave to him at the championships in Imola. The jersey he is using does not conform to the tricolore design," a representative of the FCI told Cyclingnews.

Pozzato won the Italian championships on June 28 ahead of Damiano Cunego. He is entitled the wear the prestigious national - green, white and red - jersey for one year.

He is racing at the Tour de France, July 4 to 26, where the champion's jersey is visible to millions of fans. The federation is upset with the design Katusha has used. The design adapts the Italian colours to the sponsor's logo and results in very little green.

"We just used the same layout and changed the colours. We did that with the Austrian and Russian champions' jerseys as well," Katusha's press spokesman, Andrea Agostoni, told Cyclingnews.

Agostoni explained the team will change the jersey in the coming days. They are waiting for a new jersey to arrive from their supplier, Santini, in Italy.

Riders wear different variations of the national champion jersey from year to year. Agostoni noted that no one forced Alejandro Valverde to change his Spanish Champion jersey last year. It had more black than the nation's red and yellow traditional design.

pic46742137_600.jpg

I like it. I thought Valverde's was very well done last year and I don't see why we can't have a team kit in the colour's of the national champs that rider won (in the case of Pozzato), so I guess the FCI has made a mountain out of a molehill.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Most of the current Pro Tour team clobber is just plain ****e.

Garmin's Argyle and flacid colour scheme is terrible.....Agritubel is incredibly MEH and the rest are just dead ordinary, with the exception of Cervelo which is think is ok, and Quickstep.

The Falcon said:
Most of the current Pro Tour team clobber is just plain ****e.

Garmin's Argyle and flacid colour scheme is terrible.....Agritubel is incredibly MEH and the rest are just dead ordinary, with the exception of Cervelo which is think is ok, and Quickstep.

This is what I like about sites with an international membership: I get to learn all sorts of new slang words and phrases. :)

As far as the Italian national champion jersey, I kind of like it. It is an inventive way to put the green in the middle. Is the area around his waist supposed to look like a sash?

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
This is what I like about sites with an international membership: I get to learn all sorts of new slang words and phrases. :)

?

Fear not Bro deal I will continue to enlighten and will not shy away from colloquialisms ....... I've got 9 schooners under the belt and I'm posting from the local.

TRENDING THREADS